What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

trump's hiring practices.......

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The New York Times has reported that since 2010, only 17 of 300 American applicants were hired to work at the resort that Trump now calls the “Winter White House” or the “Southern White House.” Since 2010, Mar-a-Lago has obtained a total of 500 H-2B visas for seasonal foreign workers, according to The New Yorker.

The Trump Organization hired at least 1,260 foreign workers from 2001 to 2016.

Just over a year after President Donald Trump signed his “Buy American and Hire American” executive order, his Mar-a-Lago golf resort in Florida has filed for permission to hire 61 foreign workers.

Trump’s Palm Beach business filed requests with the U.S. Labor Department for additional visas for foreign servers and cooks, according to records submitted Thursday and Friday. The employees would work October through the following May. Servers would earn $12.68 an hour and cooks $13.31 an hour.

Since late 2015, Mar-a-Lago has filed 10 separate requests for multiple temporary work visas for foreign employees.

The New York Times has reported that since 2010, only 17 of 300 American applicants were hired to work at the resort that Trump now calls the “Winter White House” or the “Southern White House.” Since 2010, Mar-a-Lago has obtained a total of 500 H-2B visas for seasonal foreign workers, according to The New Yorker.

The Trump Organization hired at least 1,260 foreign workers from 2001 to 2016, according to a CNN analysis. Trump appears to prefer foreign workers at his resorts who are female, young, attractive and with Romanian or South African accents that convey an “exotic appeal,” former workers told the network.

In order to obtain the H-2B visas required for non-agricultural workers, employers must prove that there are not enough Americans willing to do the work — which Trump has insisted is the case.

But in a similar situation last year, Mar-a-Lago apparently didn’t make much of an effort to find American workers. The Washington Post reported that the resort only placed two hard-to-find classified ads in tiny type for waiters, and provided no phone number or email information. Workers could apply only by fax or mail. The ads were posted a week after Mar-a-Lago asked the Labor Department for permission to hire 70 foreign workers, which was granted last November.

St. Phatty

And Trump conned everybody into thinking he was a Harley Man,
as in those signs you see at some shops, "we only work on American bikes."

That "I represent the American working man" is what got Trump into the White House.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran

The Trump Organization hired at least 1,260 foreign workers from 2001 to 2016.

Just over a year after President Donald Trump signed his “Buy American and Hire American” executive order, his Mar-a-Lago golf resort in Florida has filed for permission to hire 61 foreign workers.

Trump’s Palm Beach business filed requests with the U.S. Labor Department for additional visas for foreign servers and cooks, according to records submitted Thursday and Friday. The employees would work October through the following May. Servers would earn $12.68 an hour and cooks $13.31 an hour.

Since late 2015, Mar-a-Lago has filed 10 separate requests for multiple temporary work visas for foreign employees.

The Trump Organization hired at least 1,260 foreign workers from 2001 to 2016, according to a CNN analysis. Trump appears to prefer foreign workers at his resorts who are female, young, attractive and with Romanian or South African accents that convey an “exotic appeal,” former workers told the network.

In order to obtain the H-2B visas required for non-agricultural workers, employers must prove that there are not enough Americans willing to do the work — which Trump has insisted is the case.

But in a similar situation last year, Mar-a-Lago apparently didn’t make much of an effort to find American workers. The Washington Post reported that the resort only placed two hard-to-find classified ads in tiny type for waiters, and provided no phone number or email information. Workers could apply only by fax or mail. The ads were posted a week after Mar-a-Lago asked the Labor Department for permission to hire 70 foreign workers, which was granted last November.
WOW!:laughing:

CaptainDankness

Isn't this good news for the left? Proof he's not racist and that he doesn't hate immigrants.

Funny how that works, a bunch of hypocrites just hell bent over Trump's presidency.

I don't love the guy but even Obama had legit scandals and fucked up policies. Trump has literally done nothing fucked up yet, well that I know of too much Russian conspiracy theories if he did do anything fucked up the media turned a blind eye because they are corrupt.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G `day Folks

Trump is a waaay better actor than he gets credit for .

eg ;
1seqli.gif
[/url][/IMG]

ZDM1N2ViYmQ2NCMvdHMxWFJEMVhkN3ZMZXdwQXI1ekZBSTFYU0VnPS9maXQtaW4vNzYweDAvZmlsdGVyczpub191cHNjYWxlKCk6cXVhbGl0eSg4MCk6bm9fdXBzY2FsZSgpOmZvcm1hdChqcGVnKS9odHRwOi8vaW1hZ2VzLm1pYy5jb20vb2t3cmxtZWZjNmF5ZTFiaDdoNXBvZ3UzcXdyaXlid3hyemhsYnRpdnF6azZqcHptYXRvaGlmeG16cXprMGtreC5naWY.gif

OGRjYTc1OTM4NSMvYl9mczdmYjRpR21EYTFqcFhGdFotZF9pM3lzPS9maXQtaW4vNzYweDAvZmlsdGVyczpub191cHNjYWxlKCk6cXVhbGl0eSg4MCk6bm9fdXBzY2FsZSgpOmZvcm1hdChqcGVnKS9odHRwOi8vaW1hZ2VzLm1pYy5jb20vM3BybWNib3A4YXh5YWVzbXoxN2pna2V1MGdhZmV3cmhrYndiNGFqa3BnbmFlYWhudXBhbm43eGJsN29yZzhyby5naWY.gif

Modern day PT Barnum .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Isn't this good news for the left? Proof he's not racist and that he doesn't hate immigrants.

Funny how that works, a bunch of hypocrites just hell bent over Trump's presidency.

I don't love the guy but even Obama had legit scandals and fucked up policies. Trump has literally done nothing fucked up yet, well that I know of too much Russian conspiracy theories if he did do anything fucked up the media turned a blind eye because they are corrupt.

thats selective interpretation. in the end he was saying how bad these visas were for the US, how people need to employ US citizens. now it turns out his business isn't practicing what he preaches.

as for racism, i never thought of him as racist in terms of the meaning of the word in the dictionary. he is more an elitist, he thinks he's better then everyone with less money then him, he thinks wealthy people all round are are better then everyone else, no matter what color. thats my take anyway, i could be wrong of course, can't look in his soul after all.

X

xavier7995

What i find frustrating is that none of that is new news. It was all out there in the open but pointing out something like "hey trump is talking america first but gets all his products produced overseas, imports workers, stiffs contractors, etc." was met with "nah man, hes a real fuckin American badass like the sons of anarchy." "What?" "Yeah man, self made, we need that business sense" "what...no...he got handed a huge business empire and blew it up multiple times, each time leaving others holding the bag." "Man you just hate our freedom."

Cannavore

Veteran

dude dont make me laugh

theJointedOne

Veteran
What i find frustrating is that none of that is new news. It was all out there in the open but pointing out something like "hey trump is talking america first but gets all his products produced overseas, imports workers, stiffs contractors, etc." was met with "nah man, hes a real fuckin American badass like the sons of anarchy." "What?" "Yeah man, self made, we need that business sense" "what...no...he got handed a huge business empire and blew it up multiple times, each time leaving others holding the bag." "Man you just hate our freedom."

not to mention the pussy grabbing tape...seemed to help him...Amrica misses what it used to be..the real slogan for chump trump; "make America white again!"

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
not to mention the pussy grabbing tape...seemed to help him...Amrica misses what it used to be..the real slogan for chump trump; "make America white again!"

i don't think it helped him, but it wasn't considered important compared to the things he was promising to do for the people. the fact that he didnt seem to want to start ww3 with Russia in Syria, like Hillary seemed to, was probably way more important to US voters then the pussy grabbing tape. trouble is he has ended up doing the opposite, relations with Russia are worse then ever and he increased troop levels in Syria occupying a huge chunk of the oil and gas resources of that nation. instead of no foreign adventurism he has flipped to totally letting the military have a free hand about where to bomb etc. from North Korea, to Venezuela, and now Syria and even Iran is in his cross hairs. once again the US president has totally lied about foreign warmongering. they all say they are against, but every single one does even more such bombing and attacks then the last. it's like they are in a competition to see who can kill the most foreigners. sick really.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Undocumented Housekeeper At Trump Golf Course Says She Does Not Regret Going Public

not gonna bore you with the whole article, so here's the first few paragraphs & a Yahoo link:

Undocumented Housekeeper At Trump Golf Course Says She Does Not Regret Going Public

Dominique Mosbergen
HuffPostDecember 9, 2018
Despite risking her job and possible deportation, the undocumented immigrant

Despite risking her job and possible deportation, the undocumented immigrant who publicly identified herself as an employee of President Donald Trump’s New Jersey golf club says she does not regret speaking out.

“We need to come out and defend ourselves,” Victorina Morales told The Associated Press through tears, referring to other undocumented workers at the Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster. “I had enough with suffering.”

According to Morales, whose story was first reported by The New York Times last week, “many people without papers” work at the golf club. She said she and other undocumented workers are subjected to abusive comments and discrimination from supervisors because of their immigration status. She told AP that, according to the news service’s story, one supervisor “pushed her against a wall three times, told her to stop speaking Spanish and threatened her with deportation if she complained.”

Some supervisors have allegedly referred to undocumented employees as “donkeys” and “dogs,” she said.

Morales, who has worked as a housekeeper at the golf club for more than five years and has personally cleaned Trump’s on-site residence on many occasions, said she believes the president’s inflammatory rhetoric about undocumented immigrants has encouraged such verbal harassing.

“We are tired of the abuse, the insults, the way he talks about us when he knows that we are here helping him make money,” Morales told the Times. “We sweat it out to attend to his every need and have to put up with his humiliation.”

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/undocumented-housekeeper-trump-golf-course-155819951.html

so you don't hire illegals huh donny boy???

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Well there ya go - when even the chamber maid is spill'in the beans - do we get all emotive and self righteous about the drama and the travesty of it all? -

- or simply realize that's just the way it has always been - the craft of the politician seems to be about the ability to shuffle hippocracy - as well as lies, around and around in such a way as to shock and beguile us - but is that not the way it has always been?

Its as if voters expect their politicians to be flawed - maybe its because its hard to find one that isn't.

St. Phatty

Trump looks really stupid disrespecting the employees HE HIRED.

Trump is setting up a slow pitch over home plate for whoever his 2020 political opponents are.

All they need is video of Trump from his pre-President days talking about the importance of hiring & delegation and all the stuff real estate developers & game show hosts talk about.

Trump the Manager says hiring competent people is important.

Trump the Manager says hiring people who can hire competent people, is important.

It gets to a point where, Trump would fire himself for his terrible hiring decisions.

His attorneys have a heck of a job. They normally tell clients to keep a low profile during the course of an investigation. And he's tweeting about, well, EVERYTHING. Very publicly, including about subjects under investigation.

I hope Trump is paying for some of his own attorney time because the Attorney Taxi Meter has got to be piling up a BIG BILL.

Maybe we can bet on that. What do you think will be Trump's final legal bills ?

I'll go with $15 Million.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

sadly enough he can afford those large bills, most every politi-con can. regardless of their wealth I'd like to see them be forced to go with court appointed counsel, like the poor folk do.

if trump can't drain the swamp (his words not mine) in & @ his own crib, how the pluck is he ever gonna do that in DC???

in DC he's been FILLING the swamp with poor choices and proven criminals.......

Slim Pickens

Veteran
Profit "trumps" racism.This "Individual" will overlook almost anything,if there is profit to be made.

Even a simple mind like his has grasped that concept.(and used it to his advantage).Whatever....justice is coming,and he deserves a heavy dose.

Latest posts

Latest posts