What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Weird online map listing, random glitch, or?

yardgrazer

I happened to look at a popular internet map service the other day, and noticed there was an icon that showed a gas station in one of my neighbor's yards. We aren't near any businesses, let alone a gas station, so, seemed odd.

And then I got to wondering, in a paranoid sort of way, what if it could be a pin a ripper left? Anybody else ever notice anything like that?

I'm not concerned about legality, I'm good on that front. More worried about security. Gonna get a game camera to monitor, just in case. Probably just a weird glitch, I've certainly noticed some pretty strange errors before.

troutman

Seed Whore
Don't worry about it. :huggg:

Some people who put icons are lost and failed geography.

If you look at Google Earth you'll see lots of misplaced icons.

I've seen store icons in the forest even. :biggrin:

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
See if you can report it for being an incorrect listing, and then if it shows back up after. If it keeps showing up after being reported somebody is purposely doing it.

buzzmobile

Veteran
Lock your doors and windows. Draw the curtains closed and hide under the bed.
giphy.gif

yardgrazer

Yeah, I reported it as not existing and got notice it was taken down. I'll be sure to look back now and again just to be sure.

Obviously odds are it's nothing.

Ive had a look at that around town and it was full of crazy things like: JIMS HAPPY PLACE or NOT A COMPANY or THE CAT SLEEPS HERE placed at a bench, a residential house and a bunch of trees