What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"Hawaiian Snow" - 600 Watt hydro grow

lomkolen

Hey! It´s time to kick off my third grow but now with a "little" more advanced equipment. Have gone from cultivating in soil in a small closet to set up a whole hydro system with proper lights, ventilation, etc..

Will probably have to ask a few questions, and will try to update this atleast once a week :)

Enough talking now to the pictures!

A picture of the whole package when it just arrived home:
in8w7t.jpg

And a picture of when almost all of it is assembled and ready:
292qxqr.jpg

A picture of the size of the tent (100x100x200) and the hydro:
ab303t.jpg

The heat stays where it should be, I will buy a humidifier next week:
rgvwxd.jpg

The seeds is pre-sprouted in a wet coffee filter. Then I have put the seed directly into a rockwool cube with leca around it.

PH value of water is between 5.2 and 6.2 and EC value is 0.4 (tap water value excluded).

Could I jump over to 12/12 after a week after she looked up? It´s very long flowertime on this particular strain. So i wondering if I lose much crop by running 12/12 after one week instead of vegging 2-3 weeks first?

I will be happy to accept criticism. And suggestions for improvements are welcome, so comment on! : D

lomkolen

Since I am only going to run a plant, I will have to top her atleast a few times, is it ok to do that even if she is in bloom phase the first weeks? Or should i vegg her for a few weeks until i finish the topping? Mabye go LST instead? What u guys and girls think? :)

Also offers a bonus picture of my buddys closet grow, about 1 week old here (hawaiian snow). My old lamps btw, 4 x 23 watt LE :)
ojmo49.jpg

Sorry for my bad english haha! :canabis:

M

mandelbrah

HS is such a time consuming strain, but rewarding - she packs such a clear sativa high!

IMHO if you're running just one plant you may want to consider keeping her in veg and top and train and bend those branches as long as it takes to fill out the underside of a SCROG before you flip the light.

She'll stretch a great deal vertically through your SCROG after flipping, so you would have far more bud if you invest some training veg time; this bitch takes forever, you may as well make it worth your while with dozens of dank sweet onion sativa spears to show for it.