What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

##$$Urkels SuperThread 2010$$##

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Ok folks being the lazy fuck that I am lol I figured I'd make one thread for all my growing no matter the style or type of lighting and nutrients used. Also I'm stoked to today I just got a new 6" Daystar A/C reflector and holly shit my poor plants were being mistreated the first 2 grows I had in my tent under my 400w HPS. With the hood I had which was air cooled just not sealed I couldn't hold my hand 8" away from the hood without it burning sitting there for 5 seconds! I hooked up my new one today and my GOD! I can hold my hand against the damn glass and it's not half as hot as it would get before at 8"!!!! So I'm expecting some damn soda can size buds and I have 7995 lumens per square foot so it should be achievable.. On with the pics!

picture.php

New Hood shot!!! Daystar A/C with glass lens oh yea buddy it's nice and cool in there!

picture.php

Canopy shot 4-19-2010

picture.php

Sugar Cane Kush phenos B&C in the corners 4-19-2010

picture.php

Sugar Cane Kush pheno B 4-19-2010

picture.php

Sugar Cane Kush pheno C 4-19-2010

picture.php

Magic Merlin1 4-19-2010

picture.php

Magic Merlin2 4-19-2010

picture.php

Gorilla Grape 4-19-2010

picture.php

Strawberry D coffin cut1 4-19-2010

picture.php

Strawberry D coffin cut2 4-19-2010

picture.php

Sugar Cane Kush pheno B 4-19-2010 showing how dense the foliage is..

picture.php

picture.php

Sugar Cane Kush pheno B 4-19-2010 showing how tight nodes are spaced!!

picture.php

Canopy shot showing off new hood and clip fan lol 4-19-2010

picture.php

Can you say glass sealed air cooled hood? LOL! yea I know I wiped off the smudge after seeing the pic haha

So yea that's what I have going on right now, I'm doing what I know works for sure and not dicking around this time and I'm using the following.

Medium is Ready Gro Moisture Formula except for the middle row's pots are filled with Bio Bizz Coco Mix

Nutrients being used are Flora Nova Grow and Bloom, Floralicious Plus, Liquid Kool Bloom and if I can get it Bud Candy..

2Lazy

Woot! First.

I'm digging the air pots. You seem to have so many grows? Just a man about town.

I'm going to watch despite your setup being really very different from my own, because I imagine there is going to be more than one.

G

grow nerd

Wait... whatever happened to the CFLs? After so long of preaching how much better they are, why did you switch to HIDs?

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Wait... whatever happened to the CFLs? After so long of preaching how much better they are, why did you switch to HIDs?

I needed a bigger yield and you can only go so big with CFLs don't get me wrong I'm still growing with them and the buds are just as good as my HID when finished fully so it's really all on how much and how big you want to go... I LOVE my 400w digital MH/HPS system and my DR80 which this summer will be upgraded to a GrowLab GL80L with a 2x4 Ebb and Flood table 2 400s in Daystar ac hoods and 1gal Smart Pots of Ready Gro Moisture formula on flood and drain and I should get over a pound every 8 weeks!

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Happy 420 Everybody!!! Pretty fucking gloomy in my city today I have to say this is a ugly 420! lol still have a good one folks..

GreatLakes THC

an Arthur P. Jacobs production
Veteran
Happy 4/20...

Happy 4/20...

When it's gloomy outside I like to go sit in my grow room. Cheers me up straight away. I like the new setup Thundurkel.

GreatLakes THC :joint:

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
So many samples such little room!

So many samples such little room!

Ok so I have one of those good problems to have lol I did the usual asking for samples from nutrient companies like most do this time of year and check out what I got :dance013:

picture.php

:jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump:

Lovely isn't it? So yea I was going to do this new run with the General Organics line but now I have the whole H&G line and the 2 lil brown bottles are Roots Excelurator!! Fucking stoked man like $200 in H&G nutrients alone!!! I think what I am going to do is run the GO line in the CFL cab with CocoNot and Vermiblend and run H&G in the tent with Ready Gro Moisture Formula and Bio Bizz Coco Mix which is what the girls I have going are in either one or the other not mixed together. So yea it's gonna be a damn good show and I'm going to go out on a limb and say my best yield and quality to date is going come from the grow with H&G under my new Daystar A/C hood which has my tent 2x as cool in the sweet spot of my canopy so it's on and cracking like a junkie with a fresh rig lol

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Ok folks so I flushed my girls really good and they have been getting House & Garden Cocos A&B and Roots Excelurator also foliar fed with Magic Green and I am using Drip Clean at .2ml per gal and boy am I excited to finally have a full nutrient line to use on my HID grow! Last time I had heat stressed plants too but not with my new hood so things should be really pretty in a few weeks here. I'm going to wait till the Gorilla Grape and Magic Merlins are 14" which should be in a week and by then I'm going to have tons of clones of all the strains I have in the tent after clean up before flower!

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Update!

Update!

Alright so no need for rambling just got some pics to share with ya and hope you all enjoy the show.... :tiphat:

picture.php

Canopy 4-23-2010

picture.php

Sugar Cane Kush pheno B 4-23-2010

picture.php

Sugar Cane Kush pheno C 4-23-2010

picture.php

Gorilla Grape 4-23-2010

picture.php

Magic Merlin1 4-23-2010

picture.php

Magic Merlin2 4-23-2010

picture.php

Strawberry D Coffin Cut1 4-23-2010

picture.php

Strawberry D Coffin Cut2 4-23-2010

picture.php

The jungle of purps 4-23-2010

until next time ...... SMOKE!!!!

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Also as you can see after foliar feed with Magic Green and 2 days of H&G nutrients and my girls are all fixing themselves and getting rid of the problems they had with the other nutes that were being used! I can see already why everybody that uses House and Garden nutrients never go back to what they used before. I mean shit it's super concentrated additives last longer than other companies the base nutrients are no more than 10ml a gal and that's just in weeks 4&5 and you just go back down from there. The other thing I like about these is that my solution is damn near clear after mixed so there's not a bunch of dyes and crap going into my plants. Also with Big Mike from Advanced talking all that too much phosphorus stuff and bloom boosters need more potassium well guess what? Shooting Powder is 0-9-20! No wonder it's said to give 20-30% increase in yield and from what I read and have been told it makes the ladies produce copious amounts of resin so I'm really excited to use it. Then the BudXL extracts the sugars out of the leaves and bracts transferring it to the buds! I got a feeling I'm going to have the BEST tasting crop I've ever had this round and it's all purples and 2 Strawberry D's and the coffin cut I have is said to be the BEST strawberry strain you can get and the shit turns burgandy and pink with the smell of strawberries dipped in fuel!

GreatLakes THC

an Arthur P. Jacobs production
Veteran
Nice score on the samples Thundurkel, and your gals are looking great. I'll have to go research the BudXL. It sounds like it could be a good product.

burgandy and pink with the smell of strawberries dipped in fuel!

Sounds Mmm Mmm good. I'll be following along.

GreatLakes THC :joint:

redwood-roots

Locked in and glad to see the coffin make an appearance. Top her early, run 60-70, and enjoy. If you have any questions..hit me...

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Ahhhh yea!! The Coffin Cut discoverer! Yea man she's a closely guarded favorite in my circle of friends :tiphat: She's been topped once already and I don't have a mom anymore so I'm waiting to take cuts off these to back it up :dance013: Everything in here will be supercropped as well :jump: My Sugar Cane Kush's have some MASSIVE stalks on them! I'm also glad to see the Coffin Cut nice and happy cuz I had it in a bad batch of Roots Organics Coco Fiber that was a bad batch so no matter what I did I couldn't keep my mom happy. Now that I started these 2 cuts in BioBizz Coco Mix and are being fed H&G Cocos A&B and Roots Excelurator they are REALLY taking off compared the the Cutting Edge Solutions 3part and Plant Amp and Mag Amped... Pretty happy to have my whole House&Garden line now since I didn't have the money to buy it all at once. But now since I have qt bottles of the BudXL, TopBooster, and MultiZen which are the more expensive bottles compare to the base which is what I'll be replacing first and it's only $65 for a gallon of Cocos A&B! Not bad IMO and I LOVE how easy to use these nutrients are and like I said before my solution is damn near as clear as it was before mixing in nutrients.

Oh also the Drip Clean is AWESOME!!! I can SEE it working since I mix nutrients in gallon milk jugs and then use 32oz Gatorade bottles to water with. Well with EVERY other nutrient company after a few days to a week I can see a buildup of salts or some type of film left from the day to day use which I imagine is what happens to drip lines and tubing. Guess what??? This is NOT happening AT ALL since I've been using H&G nutrients with Drip Clean :dance013:

Scrogerman

Veteran
Hey Thund,
Very interesting on the Drip Clean, i use various methods for growing, DWC, NFT etc, I always get a salt build up on top of Hydroton(DWC) after just a week or two, & im always having to clean/rinse that top 10mm layer, ive always got fresh hydroton ready to exchange that top layer but it's a right PITA. So im getting more & more interested in Using the H&G range, im hearing nothing but great things. Got plans for a Guerilla outing this season & hav'nt made up my mind on which nutes to use, i may have to give H&G (soil 2 part) a go. I think im gonna run, G'Organics next to it as a control just like yourself. Which one is the best in your opinion buddy?? Thanks for the inspiration bro! Loving your grow style btw! exellent!
Peace & Respect........Scroger! ;)