What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ʍoɹƃ uʍouʞun

UnknownProphet

???do?Pu?ou?uU
Veteran
Welcome all:wave:I've started this grow log for my current outdoor project and I'm glad you're along for the ride. I'm going to be mostly copy and pasting from my thread in the soma's forum so sorry if it's off subject by a little. In that at this point I have around 900 views and only 9 people have said anything, not saying people have to say anything a lot I'm glad they're viewing I just figured I'd thread whore a little and get this to those who will appreciate who might not be looking at just Soma's forum. Anywho with out further ado...

So I was hesitant to start this because I'm becoming more and more paranoid with the more that I continue to grow. I'm following guidelines and 100% legal, but I'm more scared of thieves than the fuzz. I'm from wonderful California and the trees seem to just grow bigger over here.

This will be a grow log for my current outdoor project. The main focus is Soma's New York City Diesel as it's been on my "to grow" list for quite a while. With summer solstice literally days away the show should begin sooner than later. I've been documenting in intervals so there's times where I missed some growth but now that I'm done traveling for the time being I should be able to keep a constant update.

Anyways I also have 2 that have already begun flowering: 1 Red Dragon and 1 Grape Ape. I also have (vegging) 2 small Katatonics (PurpleUrkle X Cheese) and 1 small Blue Dream. 10 altogether with 5 NYCD's.

I had 100% germination with 7/10 female and I'm actually very stoked about the males because I will be flowering them out and creating a cross I've never seen before Nycd X ***.

The 10 seeds were started about 2 months later than I would have wanted, but you work with what you got, so what can I do?

*MARCH 9th 2009 GERMINATION @ 12:00am in the paper towel method with a heat pad at a little over 80 degrees.

*MARCH 10th 2009 5/10 popped and transplanted to 16oz. cups with power flower soil, saran wrapped for greenhouse effect, and watered with reverse osmosis water only.

*MARCH 11th 2009 8/10 popped and transplanted

*MARCH 12th 2009 10/10 yeah!!!

Any advice, comments, pictures, questions, ect. are more than welcome. Hope you guys enjoy the show and I wish you all the very best in whatever endeavors you currently have going.

And sorry to keep dragging this on (pics are coming I promise) but I would like to thank you, SOMA for contributing your genetics and intelligence to a community that really understands and appreciates your work. Kudos to you my business hippy friend, I'm very happy I was able to purchase these seeds directly from your hands at the last HTCup. I was the one saying they'll enjoy the California outdoors and I also have the SOGOUDA on deck, I'm very happy with your gear thus far. Anyways look forward to hearing what you have to say or suggest. Until then...

Now the pics...finally...I know.

UnknownProphet

???do?Pu?ou?uU
Veteran
Pictures from the night of germination....
DSC00268.jpg

DSC07832.jpg

DSC00288.jpg

The wonderful and beautiful beginning
DSC07775.jpg

DSC07776.jpg

DSC07777.jpg

DSC07778.jpg

DSC07779.jpg

UnknownProphet

???do?Pu?ou?uU
Veteran
I don't know why the pictures are coming up so small...anyone wanna buy me a flickr pro account...kidding..well kinda. Anyways these next few are from about a week in...
DSC07780.jpg

DSC07781_2.jpg

DSC07782.jpg

DSC07791_2.jpg

DSC07792.jpg

DSC07793.jpg

DSC07794.jpg

DSC07795.jpg

DSC07796.jpg

DSC07797.jpg

DSC07798.jpg

DSC07799.jpg

DSC07800.jpg

DSC07801.jpg

DSC07802.jpg

KEEP YOUR MUTANTS..THIS IS CURRENTLY A LOVELY DOUBLE HEADED LADY
DSC07805.jpg

UnknownProphet

???do?Pu?ou?uU
Veteran
Some randoms...
DSC07806.jpg

DSC07807.jpg

DSC07808.jpg

DSC07809.jpg

DSC07810.jpg

DSC07811.jpg

More later, hope you all enjoy thus far...And don't hesitate to check back I promise the show only gets better..

Peace

UnknownProphet

???do?Pu?ou?uU
Veteran
I can't give definitive dates on these, but I believe that the next batch of pictures were taken during the beginning of may so there's about a 3-4 week skip of the seedling growth. I figured although intriguing to watch any growth, it's hard to identify characteristics or growth pattern when so fresh and nubile. Anyways...

I did notice, which very well could be my own fault, that these plants were a little finicky when I was hardening them off. I normally start at an hour then for the next two weeks continually increase the time out side until they can basically handle a whole day in the sun. I had to be careful with these though for various reasons.
For instance:
*It has not been particularly favorable weather in the bay area since the season started
*One week we had freak weather of 100+ days, then suddenly back to 50-60 degrees
*It's been quite windy even on the hotter days and the area I'm in acts as a wind tunnel
*I've been traveling so their hardening off schedule was in constant limbo

Mind you I'm not trying to cut this strain down, the ladies I have going are doing perfectly fine outside as i write this. I'm more just giving a heads from my personal experience that from seed they seem to be a little bit of a slow starter and you need to treat them to a gentle hardening off. As long as you listen to your plants though I promise you'll be fine.

UnknownProphet

???do?Pu?ou?uU
Veteran
This little mutant is currently a double head lovely lady, but before she got there she went through quite a transformation. My buddy said it was gonna be a dud I promised him differently, it's now his favorite plant. KEEP YOUR MUTANTS!!!!
DSC07854.jpg

DSC07855.jpg

DSC07849.jpg

DSC07851.jpg

DSC07852.jpg

DSC07853.jpg

DSC07856.jpg

DSC07859.jpg

DSC07860.jpg

A little overkill on the pictures I know, but I just love mutations in plant structure.
Last but not least #10 the little seedling that could, this one was previously the deformed leaf sick looking seedling, she looks fine now.
DSC07861.jpg

DSC07862.jpg

DSC07863.jpg

Enjoy....updates coming soon....

UnknownProphet

???do?Pu?ou?uU
Veteran
MID MAY

At this point there seemed to be slight variations in growth pattern as far as height,smell, leaf shape ect. I was done hardening off the plants, and they seemed to take pretty much any thing the Cali weather was throwing at them, including a freak weather week of 100+ then back to 60s. I ended up transplanting 8 of 10 and gave the remaining two to a close friend to possibly mother out or use or to use in our personal breeding project, depending on sex.

Mind you I only have ten pre dug out holes in the plot that these are going in to, well actually nine, but decided I could fit ten. Any more and it would become over grown and I had enough trouble last time around with seven. Although this season I'm starting much later than I would have wanted, so it will definitely effect the size and over all yield that I would have liked to achieve.

Sorry for the ranting essays; the next batch of pictures will be the days right before transplant....

Looking very Indica dominant in the leaf formation
DSC07873.jpg

DSC07874.jpg

Looking very Sativa dominant in the leaf formation
DSC07875.jpg

Most had a Sativa dominant look with the blades of the leaves looking sharp and serrated like the back side of a huge rambo knife. Very sexy.
DSC07877.jpg

DSC07876.jpg

DSC07867.jpg

DSC07868.jpg

DSC07879.jpg

DSC07880.jpg

The Group Shot
DSC07883.jpg

UnknownProphet

???do?Pu?ou?uU
Veteran
Last day of hardening off...looking about ready to bust out of the cabinet...
DSC07974.jpg

"The mutant"
DSC07979.jpg

DSC07980.jpg

DSC07981.jpg

DSC07982.jpg

DSC07983.jpg

DSC07984.jpg

Chillin on the balcony...
DSC07991.jpg

DSC07992.jpg

DSC07993.jpg

DSC07994.jpg

DSC07995.jpg

DSC07996.jpg

DSC07997.jpg

DSC07998.jpg

DSC07999.jpg

More coming soon....Proph.

*I'll show transplant pics and catch you all up soon........ʇǝɥdoɹd uʍouʞun

UnknownProphet

???do?Pu?ou?uU
Veteran
My previous grows make me think they could have used a better up bringing, some T-5's or a Metal Halide not to mention bigger pots, so I'm not blaming Soma or his genetics, but at 8 weeks I found these to be somewhat slow growers. Regardless they were healthy, just not as large as I would like, all's well though good ol' mother nature will take care of that. So as far as my outside area, it's an area I've previously dug out with stairs that this year got changed it to ramp-esque walkways. 3 on the left 4 in the middle and 3 on the right.

3 on the Right:
TOP: RED DRAGON
MIDDLE: GRAPE APE
BOTTOM: SOMA'S NYCD

4 in the Middle:
TOP-BOTTOM: SOMA'S NYCD

3 on the Right:
TOP-BOTTOM: SOMA'S NYCD

The soil I used there previously was all organic, but I used a new batch anyways for fear of something in the mix I wouldn't want. Anyways the mixture I used to fill the previously dug out holes was as follows:

*18 Bags of Power Flower
*6 Large Bags of B*Cuzz Coco
*4 Large Bags of Large Chunk Perlite
*A bottle of Granular Mycorrhizal
ALL MIXED BY YOURS TRUELY<3<3<3LOVE GETTING MY HANDS DIRTY

Wow I'm looking at the pics that I'm about to post from transplant and after being out there today I gotta say NYCD love's CALIFORNIA! They have been flourishing under less than suitable weather conditions.

DSC08001.jpg

DSC08004.jpg

DSC08003.jpg

DSC08002.jpg

Red Dragon
DSC08005.jpg

Grape Ape
DSC08006.jpg

Most Indica Dom looking plant; below the grape ape (this one ended up being a MALE)
DSC08009.jpg

Most Sativa looking plant, bottom of the middle row (FEMALE)
DSC08010.jpg

"Double Header" (FEMALE)
DSC08011.jpg

2nd to top in the middle row (MALE)
DSC08012.jpg

Top of the middle row, most vigorous plant of the bunch I though would be male but... (FEMALE)
DSC08013.jpg

Now I got my pictures mixed up and maybe backwards on this, but I believe this is the top of the right row (MALE)
DSC08014.jpg

Middle of the right row (FEMALE)
DSC08015.jpg

Bottom of the right row (FEMALE)
DSC08016.jpg

UnknownProphet

???do?Pu?ou?uU
Veteran
And some randoms.....
DSC08074.jpg

DSC08084.jpg

DSC08017.jpg

DSC08075.jpg

DSC08023.jpg

DSC08081.jpg

Red dragon with red veins
DSC08187.jpg

DSC08106.jpg

-And these are my back ups for possible males:

*BLUE DREAM (BLUEBERRY X HAZE)
DSC08028.jpg

2 *KATATONICS (PURPLE URKLE X CHEESE) these looked a little hurt but the cross had me too intrigured to pass up and they come from a credible source so we'll see...
DSC08032.jpg

DSC08033.jpg

DSC08031.jpg

I also originally took 6 cuts of the red dragon, which at this point I've given most away...
DSC08029.jpg

DSC08040.jpg

DSC08041.jpg

:abduct:

UnknownProphet

???do?Pu?ou?uU
Veteran
First a cup o' Red Dragons getting ready to become clones and momma's for lucky friends
DSC07985.jpg

Cup o' Grape Ape
DSC07987.jpg

The two staying inside for mothering at a friend's (both female)
DSC07989.jpg

The "Left Overs"
DSC07990.jpg

UnknownProphet

???do?Pu?ou?uU
Veteran
Well, coming from someone who bud's have been some of the most delicious I've seen on IC, I take that as a compliment.

UnknownProphet

???do?Pu?ou?uU
Veteran
Ok now back outside for the ladies...

First is Red Dragon she's a beast, and I know she's going to be a big yielder, but she suffered a bit of shock from i don't know what. The person who took care of it, I believe had lost love for her as soon as the said party knew it was going into my hands. The soil also had gold flakes in it and he couldn't recall which soil he used although he claimed it to be organic., which I have no reason to not believe. Regardless this big momma from the pictures at this point on lost or is losing it's larger fan leafs. I don't believe it to be normal fan leaf lost either, it's very expedited. She was supercropped as well... Wow...I'm getting a little carried away here smoke some blue dream and blah blah blah..anywho here's pictures....
DSC08204.jpg

DSC07870_2.jpg

DSC07871_2.jpg

Now the Grape Ape, she seemed to be fine from transplant, no shock. Although she vegged out into quite a nice little bush, her leaves stayed small and never really flourished like I thought she would outside. Both this and the Red Dragon began early flowering. The Grape Ape has a very sweet fragrant grapey smell even at the point these pictures were being taken.
DSC07872_2.jpg

DSC07873_2.jpg

DSC07874_2.jpg

DSC08103.jpg

DSC08095.jpg

And the rest of the pictures are of the Diesel's, but I think I may have mixed them up so these are supposed to be before the pics in post #20. Sorry if that's the case.
They seem pretty uniform except for height, but doing this after the fact I can tell you at this point that they are all almost they same height, even a couple that got set out about a week later. Not too much smell except when brushed against or branches rubbed but the smell is definitely more citrus evident on 3 more than others. Any particular thing I should be looking for here? Like a particular pheno besides diesel or red grapefruit? Or grow particulars? C'mon people I know it's been grown by more than one of you.

DSC08097.jpg

DSC08085.jpg

DSC08091.jpg

DSC08099.jpg

DSC08092.jpg

DSC08093.jpg

That's all for now I need to take some more pics I'm going to be running out here pretty soon, and they're growin fast now...

Stay tuned.....

UnknownProphet

???do?Pu?ou?uU
Veteran
I've used Sweet with success before but have recently been told by a grower, who i really respect in growing style, that there was some difference in flavor in not a positive way when using the product. They both ran two side by sides and both came up with the same results: that the sweet gives a somewhat generic sweet flavor that doesn't carry through to the ash.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Regardless I immediately looked for other sugar resources, even though I have a monthly molasses regiment I wanted a little something else.

These pictures don't show it, but later when they became a little more structured I did a little experiment....

A Little something I'll let you guys and gals in on is I'm using an Organic Blue Agave extract, the texture is like a thin yellow-tannish syrup and the taste is a little sour and sweet. All it really is the extracted sugars from the plant that makes tequila. I know it sounds kinda crazy but I feel it's given a blueish tint to the fan leafs. I was just testing it on three, but the three I used it on seemed healthiest so I incorporated in into my regular regiment on everything else I had going. Hopefully it was a good move, but it's just a small shot of extra carbs and I've never had to bad luck with boosting sugar levels.

The nutritional facts say that there's nothing but 16g of carbs/ 16g Sugars per 1 tbsp with about 16 servings.

Anybody else use this before, or have any insight you feel like sharing?

SORRY FOR THE ESSAY THAT DAMN BLUE DREAM HAS ME TYPING AWAY AN ESSAY OVER HERE.....

UnknownProphet

???do?Pu?ou?uU
Veteran
So this next batch of pictures are from mid June....

At this point I culled out three males from the eight NYCD's I put outside. They'll be flowered at another location and used for a couple breeding project I'm very interested in doing. I can't take pictures at that location so I'm sorry but the last few pics in this particular post will be the only ones of the males from here on out.

Mind you I didn't think I was going outdoor this year, so I was a bit unprepared with a backup situation. I had a limited amount of space as far as vegging indoor and it slipped my mind to ask a friend to start something for me ahead of time. Anyways I found a cut that sounded interesting and another that I've been wanting to grow out. I replaced the males with 2 KATATONIC's (PURPLE URKLE X CHEESE) AND 1 BLUE DREAM.

The RED DRAGON AND GRAPE APE posted above are actually from this same time, I looked it up for sure and it was JUNE 13th. Anyways I need to up load more pics I have more but need them up loaded. I'll try to have them by the next update. Oh a couple more Grape Ape pics I found.
DSC07879_2.jpg

DSC07881.jpg

HERE'S THE OTHER PICS...

The KATATONIC's have only three leaflets per leaf, I'm sure I'm saying that wrong but the pictures explain better. I also have to say that at this point( further along than the pictures are ) that the plant's new growth still has only grow three leaved leafs. Kinda weird but well see, a buddy has one mothering depending how well she does inside and out. Here's the lil runt....
DSC07875_2.jpg

DSC07876_2.jpg

DSC07877_2.jpg

DSC07878_2.jpg

DSC07919.jpg

DSC08215.jpg

These are pics of the BLUE DREAM. I'm LOVING this sexy little lady. She looks very sativa dom and I have always wanted to get my hand on some to grow for my own. Definitely stretching 2X if not more than the Kat's, which were put out at the same time.
DSC07891_2.jpg

DSC07890_2.jpg

DSC07892.jpg

DSC07893.jpg

UnknownProphet

???do?Pu?ou?uU
Veteran
*Also side note this is somewhat of a wind tunnel that they are in front of, so in some of the pictures the leafs look droopy or curled, often times it's the wind*

OK NOW THE DIESEL'S

First the most vigorous female, maybe I should just say largest because this plant has also been bigger but also much more particular to the nutrients that the other smaller plants do fine with. Anyways you never know until the end and maybe some one on here can suggest something if they feel as though they could help.
DSC07882_2.jpg

DSC07883_2.jpg

DSC07884_2.jpg

^^I really like the tall diamond formation that the plants are forming into.
DSC07886.jpg

DSC07888_2.jpg

Next, a real beautiful plant to say the least. What once started off as a little mutant seedling has turned into quite the glorious looking girl(s). No type of intervention by my hand made this happen, just a wonderful PHENOmenon of the universe. Anyways...

DSC07894.jpg

DSC07896.jpg

I love how the leafs look like the are holding hands.
DSC07897.jpg

Next the most Sativa dominant looking plant. I Enjoy this plants serrated leaves. It reminds me of the back of a Rambo knife very sharp and distinctive.
DSC07898.jpg

DSC07899.jpg

DSC07900.jpg

DSC07901.jpg

DSC07903.jpg

Next the two that I put out about a week later which have basically caught up with the rest of the bunch. These two seem the most uniform and similar with a sativa dominant-indica influenced leaf and the tall diamond structure that if given more time would have definitely shot into a tree.
DSC07904.jpg

DSC07907.jpg

DSC07908.jpg

DSC07909.jpg

DSC07910.jpg

DSC07911.jpg

DSC07913.jpg

From the start I added an Organic Agave Nectar to just this rows' regiment. It worked so well and I use it on them all now. Have any of you had any experience using this before?

That's all for now enjoy..............

_ʇǝɥdoɹd uʍouʞun