What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

YUKONS Cabinet (w/ pics)

NOKUY

Veteran
I finally am just about finished w/ my new cab. Its finished enough that I can show you guys some pics, and it won't be a total yawner.

I've been growing in soil in a C13 cab w/ 450 watts HPS.

this will be 300 watts HPS and hydro

I didn't quite know what forum to put this in, as its sort of a show and tell, and sort of a how-to on cabinet construction, and sort of a DIY article that covers quite a few details. ...so I stuck it in the "general" growing forum :confused:

anyway I took about a month to build it...just in my spare time, and got most materials at home-depot and walmart. (I'll itemize the monetary setback in the thread a bit later)

I took lots of pics, especially on things that confused me at first.

This is a lot like the NGB box, w/ some modifications and different dimensions, and I used lots of ideas from peeps on here who have already done similar cabs. I'll try to give credit to the ideas that I borrowed.

I don't know how well I'll explain myself on this thing the first go around, but if anyone has questions on it as far as specifics go ...just ask and I'll elaborate as best I can...at first It'll proabbly be a lot of pics, and a bit of explanation.

The one thing about this cab is that it comes entirely apart
...thats right I built each panel seperate, before putting it all together, and if I wanna move it all I have to do is whip out a screwdriver, cut the caulk and all the panels will seperate and be able to be re-assembled VERY EASILY somewhere else. ....this will be more clear once you see the pics.

Only things I have left to do are:
-seal the doors (they actually seal really well already w/ no weatherstrip)
-install my reflectors for the HPS
-finish carbon scrubber
-install locks and door hardware
-finish SWC res.
-finish scrog screen

some details:
-(2) 150 watt HPS lamps (300 watts total) flower room (dual cooltubes)
-(4) 15 watt floros (60) watts total) mom/clone area
-Dayton 160cfm shaded pole blower
-Flower area is a bit over 3 sq' feet and is 3 feet tall
-mom/cloner area is just under 1 foot wide and 2 feet deep and is 2 feet tall

Ok some pics:
this is the finished unit w/out the locks and door hardware

just before the honeynut stain/sealer

here you can see both cooltubes
14504lights-re-done.JPG

inside the mom/clone chamber

I went crazy w/ ventilation since that was one of the biggest complaints I heard peeps having w/ these cabs...I was actually going for overkill on ventilation on purpose, so I could cap some off if necessary, but it's not necessary. I have negative pressure throughout tha cab w/out capping anything, and temps are barely above ambient room temp. after 12 hrs on w/ both 150's running.

here you can see the light-traps in the floor when the shelf is slid out...they are under the mom/clone floor like this too.

here is the underside

I hope you guys like it so far. The next post you'll see the seperate panels, so you can see how it all went together (and comes apart)

one person can move this thing alone into an apartment if they wanted, using just a small car, and set it back up in an hour or two. It'll set up inside a closet real easy too.

Last edited:

NOKUY

Veteran
This thing was a lot of work

here is the panel that seperates the flower and veg. areas with primer on it here

here are tha panels after white paint on the inside only (you can probably tell where each one goes before it goes together

when I initially framed each panel I caulked every seam really well (the framed pieces stay together for good)

here are the ports for the cool tubes that come thru from the utility room (initial construction)

Last edited:

its kurmit

very very nice setup, what is a shaded pole blower? what is ur preferred method of growing in cabi's... also i might have missed it but what are the dimensions? what purpose does negative pressure serve? easier flow of air in/out of the cabinet? sorry for the interigation (sp)

Last edited:

NOKUY

Veteran
ok this piece is my favorite!

this is the shelf that seperates the utility room from the mom/clone chamber.

I made the shelf so that its just a single piece and it can be removed and re-installed w/out having to un-do or re-do any wiring! I installed plugs on the hps lights so that the can plug right into the ballast (they were security lights initially, so they didnt come w/ that feature)

the underside holds the floro sockets, and I used the reflector that came w/ the lights and cut it to fit perfect on the roof.

here it is installed w/ the fan in there too (the fan is mounted seperate)

Last edited:

mtnjohn

Veteran
nokuy.......awesome :yoinks:

i love the modular panels and electronics shelf
cant wait to see it up and running

your gonna get some nice yields outta that one bro
i'm pullin up a seat
mj

G

great job yukon!
im very impressed with your ingenuity.
i'll be lurking around here for awhile, see if you can find me!

NOKUY

Veteran
thanks JA :wave:

"kermit":wave: -the overall outside dimensions are 3 feet wide / 3 feet tall / 2 feet deep. shaded pole blower is just a squirrel cage fan as far as I know:

that gasket reducer comes from the plumbing dept. It's heavy rubber so it absorbs lots of vibration from the fan.

"mt. john" :wave: thanks for stopin' in bro! Still not as stealth as yours tho!

"user name" :wave: yep...I took your cool-tube seminar...modified it a little bit

sweet looking cabinet thus far. where are you pluggin in your timers? i dont think they'll fit all shoved under that squirrel cage. thats the only thing ive got for you

NOKUY

Veteran
thanks "thordee"" tngreen" and "mushupork5" :wave:

the timer will go outside the cab as I dont have to have it totally stealth right now....i could plug into a short 6" extension cord if I needed to keep it in the utility room tho.

Last edited:

NOKUY

Veteran
heres a cpl. pics of the panels goin together. I used those metal "L brackets" to hold it all tight and then caulked all the seams (everything fits so snug that very little caulk is needed)...this will make a difference when it has to come apart and the old caulk cleaned off before re-assembly.

also by framing the panels before assembly like this it gives the "L brackets" some solid wood to screw into ...not just plywood.

I didnt take any pics of the doors goin' on or the roof, but you should get the idea from these two

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
Wow! I only wish I had the patience to build something like that. You da man!
Whats the dimensions on the cab? In the first pic it looks tiny but opening it up it looks huge. Very deceptive :)

NOKUY

Veteran
thanks "Itsgrowtime"

the overall dimensions are:
3 feet wide
3 feet tall
2 feet deep

Flower area is a little less than:
2 feet wide
2 feet deep
3 feet tall

mom/clone area is:
1 foot wide
2 feet deep
2 feet tall (minus a few inches for the floros)

utility room:
1 foot wide
1 foot tall
2 feet deep

Last edited:
G

can you break those dimensions down to metric for our pals across the pond?

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
Awesome cab Yukon! Only question I have is about your odor control. How are you handling that?

NOKUY

Veteran
thorodee said:
can you break those dimensions down to metric for our pals across the pond?

you betcha!

outside dimensions:
914.4 millimeters (thats right millimeters) wide
914.4 mm tall
609.6 mm deep

flower area:
609.4 mm wide
609.4 mm deep
914.4 mm tall

mom/clone area:
304.8 mm wide
609.4 mm deep
609.4 mm tall

utility room:
304.8 mm wide
304.8 mm tall
609.4 mm deep

"nitetiger" thanks!:wave:
odor controll will be handled w/ a carbon scrubber as described in "Durban Poison's" DIY how to. I'll get pics as it gets finished (parts are all here tho)

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
That's a good one indeed :D

You doing it inside or outside the cab?

I'm guessing outside, as it looks like your cab is chock full as it is :D

NOKUY

Veteran
its gonna be on the outside ...pretty much just like "mtn. johns"...thats how the fan would exhaust now....just w/out the scrubber