What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I have 2 issues, help is needed.

canabuder

Hello everyone
I have a plant that is in the third week of flowering. The plant has 2 issues, first is the yellow / brown spots on the leave, second is that some leaves are cruling up and down. I give the plant water with 6 ph and with a bit of organic firtilizer with pk of 13 14. What are the problems and how can i fix them?
Btw temprature is around 26 and humidity 40-50 %
Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_5055.jpg
    IMG_5055.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_5053.jpg
    IMG_5053.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_5056.jpg
    IMG_5056.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 18

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Plant looks like it is lacking nitrogen and is deficient as well as suffering some nute burn. What nutrients are you using? Which soil are you in?

canabuder

Plant looks like it is lacking nitrogen and is deficient as well as suffering some nute burn. What nutrients are you using? Which soil are you in?

I am using a regular soil from the nearby flower shop, I am adding organic firtilizer to of 13-14 pk to the water.

What is the solution? Do I have to buy a firtilizer with N? Do you think flushing can help? Is there anything at home I can use to add some N to the plant without buying firtilizer?

Thank you.

GrowbaratoIbiza

PK 13/14 is normally an extra additive for during flower stage for using on top of your normal flowerinh NPK nutrient. Your plant could be taking on too much potassium which could cause an iron deficency. The ph of 6.0 could also be locking out magnesium.

I believe you need to wash out (flush out) some of that exesive potasium. And feed your plant lightly with a basic flowering nutrient and a light cal mag solution which normally has iron too. Also only use water with a ph of 6.5 to 6.8 at this point, as not to cause magnesium lock out.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Thanks for the reply, how do you know it's too much potassium and not too little?
From the deficiency "troubleshooting charts". I don't have the value for all ferts out there (I'm using the GoBOx from Gebneral Organics but my numbers look more like (NPK):

• grow 4-3-3
  • bloom 2-2-4
  • Cal/mag 1-0-0
  • bio root 0-1-1
  • bio weed 0-0-0.5
  • bio marine 2-3-1
  • black diamond 0-0-1
Therefore 0-13-14 is not only lacking nitrogen your numbers are higher by a factor of 3.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Nutrient burn from over fertilization.

Take a look at what the soil is amended with before you took it out of the bag, most likely there was no need to add fertilizer just yet.

Water it heavily, then keep adding water until you've slowly allowed a few gallons of water to go through the soil. This will leach some of the excess fertilizer out. Let it dry out until it's barely moist about 2 inches down in the soil.

Resume regular waterings with pH'd water for 2 weeks and it should turn around and get healthy. :) It should stay healthy for a bit and then begin to fade before harvest.

MrBungle

Media pH is most likely too high....The fact that he doesn't have N (specifically NH4) in his nutrient solution makes me think the media pH is drifting upwards, which is why there are Phosphorus toxicity blotches..

The media Ph trending upwards makes the P more available...

T

Teddybrae

Yeah ... what Douglas says and 944s2 says.

Man, you need to understand N P K and the relationship between those minerals!

St. Phatty

What kind of pan is the pot sitting in ?

It's important for the pot to not sit in the water that has drained out of the bottom.

I use pieces of wood 2x4 and drain into busboy trays (15 x 20) or concrete mixing tubs (24 x 36).

canabuder

Thanks for all the answers, i was only using pk 13 14 until now but yesterday i went to the store and got some better food for the plants.

Attachments

• IMG_5079.jpg
    IMG_5079.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 17