What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Most Potent Landrace Indica commercially available

wdcf

Title says it all folks... want to do a little breeding project. Most Landrace indica have short flowering times from the start... So which strain, which is easily obtainable would you recommend?

Right now I am thinking World of Seeds Afghan Kush, while it's technically not a landrace, it's two landraces blended together, so I will give it a pass.

Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

troutman

Seed Whore
The thing about Landraces is that each plant is a little different which helps them survive tough environments.

So you have to grow a bunch and look around for what you like.

Modern day hybrids are less variable than true Landraces.

therevverend

Veteran
I'd go with The Real Seed Company's Chitrali and Mazar i Sharif if you want the real deal. They're just about the only place selling actual landrace genetics.
Their website says they're throwing in a Turkish hashish cultivar with orders of their Chitrali. Sounds interesting although I hear Turkish strains aren't very potent.

ambertrichome

Veteran
Underground Seed Collective
Black Afghani/Pre Soviet IBL/KANDAHAR.
Uzbekistan Pink Malabar.. Available at Regseeds.

Barneys Farm Afghan/MAZAR.... THESE ARE REGULARS. NO FEMS.

For a 100% Indica Hybrid???

Hands down it would be
Coastal Seeds... PUCK YEAH
NL1 x Skelly Hashplant ( Also called PUCK ) Clone only, and considered the best of all the HP Clone only.
THIS IS Heirloom NL1.... Kandahar X... SKELLY/PUCK IS... Lebanese HP x Afghan

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Potent, landrace and commercial don't mix well in the same sentence. Expect to spend a few years refining any landarce before doing any serious breeding with it. Otherwise, try to find maybe some Deep Chunk, X18 or something like that and you have most of the work done already by others. They are great representations of classic hashplants.

Underground Seed Collective
Black Afghani/Pre Soviet IBL/KANDAHAR.
Uzbekistan Pink Malabar..

I usually avoid dramas but people needs to know what's up. USC went down the road after JGL retired from growing/breeding/smoking and left the company... Cristalin took over the company, but now they are mostly selling the genetics JGL creaed plus some stolen works from other people without their blessings.

Black Afghani came from a group of Russian landrace enthusiasts who used to hang around the Vibes Collective and Cannabiogen's forum time ago. The russians used sell their Black Kandahar and some other seeds at their own forum.

Since the first minute I've seen USC's pictures I knew I've seen that line before. I guess after so many years meeting people and discovering lines within the landrace/breeding scene it really pays off because to be honest, rare lines don't appear suddenly from nothing. Often they have been documented before.

Pics Cristalin uploaded:

1487157519-6.jpg

Original pictures by Astronet and the Russian crew, the original name is Black Kandahar, not Black Afghani:

M6QZKIb.jpg

Pics from a newer thread where Siamon speaks about the Black Kandahar from The Russian Crew on Cannabiogen's forum and shows some images:

https://www.cannabiogen.com/club/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=4455&sid=be0c5c43ce4fa893cc01e79157e2b860

siamon said:
Our plants have a direct net of Afghanistan from the city of Kandahar. This area is known for its major traditions in the cultivation of the strongest and best of cannabis in Afghanistan.

At first such traditions differ Northern region of Afghanistan, Mazar-e-Sharif, adjacent to Pakistan. But then the main regions of the best hashish moved to Kandahar. The conditions of hot deserts, valleys with abundant water, night temperature differences and a lot of ultraviolet provide the best and the most powerful sort of hashish.

The proposed plants were transferred to us a few years ago directly directly from Kandahar, without intermediaries, and we worked hard to choose the best of them for the continuation of the species. Plants differ rapid maturation, heavy and dense inflorescences of the family of cannabis, called later than the indicator, as these varieties were grown for hashish in the mountains in the North of India. However, the most excellent representatives of dark and extremely resinous plants of the family indica found for hundreds of kilometers to the North-West in the mountains of Afghanistan. And so is this the type of plants.

Then that Uzbekistan Pink Malabar is simply the so called Uzbeka line that Alex La Mano Negra from Spain used to have, Cristalin obtained the line after another Spanish member did a reproduction back then at the Vibes Collective and he's now just selling all those like if he was the one who spent years working on those. Anyway I don't think it's a real Uzbeki though, unfortunately LMN has always been quite secretive with his recipes and loved good histories, so often he would "exaggerate" lineages. But the truth and what really matters is that LMN was a talented breeder/grower and he never wanted his lines to be sold and exploited commercially, that's why he was giving so many seeds out, too bad he's no longer between us to stand up... such a con move IMO and as far as I know there are currently some others cashing on his genetics too ;).

So sad about USC, I used to have a great relationship with them... everything went down the road since their partnership with Tropical Seed Company cons, then all this. JGL worked his ass off to build up his reputation on the scene and in order to put his works and also USC on the map and now Cristalin is ruining everything because of his desperation to sell seeds and make some money from Cannabis, even if they aren't his own creations. I told JGL to be careful with his decissions and at the end he gave me the reason, it was just too much for him and gave up on the industry.

We need more humble and honest people on the scene, not fake breeders cashing on other people's legacy and doing anything for the money. We shouldn't be supporting and contributing to this kind of practices... so tired of watching other people cashing on other's legacy with absolute disrespect and no consequences. There is always a good option or better way to do things. Customer should be more responsible as well but many people only wants the product, they don't care what's behind it.

Funny thing is that then when you keep your stuff close to your chest to avoid this kind of stuff then you are called a hoarder, yet when you are kind, trustful and generous and give genetics out so others can enjoy too you are just simply stabbed in your back as the minimum chance of making some easy money appears. And then we wonder how often the most talented breeders or growers just dissapear from the scene, tired or dissapointed after having a dream on getting a living with something they used to love.

:moon:

Damn...

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Yup.

Ive always said, the people who grow the best pot dont even grow anymore.

Farms in OR and WA are hacking my gear.
So I went to Emerald Cup and spread all my gear to everyone. Fuck it. Let everyone rip off the same lines. Im eager to see the different stories that pop up regarding their origins in a few years as they get renamed and rebranded.

@Musta.
I met up with Kagyu and confronted him.
He said he got some from Chomba but the others are his. I said, well unless you traveled amd selected yourself, you got them from someone.
He conceeded, yes, he got them from a wise grower with rare lines.
I said, yea, extra testicle, right.
He was shocked but conceeded that fact as well.
At least everyone buying his overpriced packs are greatly enjoying your hard work.

A lil disclaimer to those looking for landraces,
You dont buy landraces. You are entrysted with them.
If someone is selling you a landrace...its not a fucking landrace.
That Panama with CBD in it, Kagyu isnt telling you how theres hashplant in the line, because it would hurt his sales.

I'm inches away from hanging up my hat myself.
I really miss working in a hospital. When you work in a hospital, you are surrounded by people who only want to help others.

Coughie

Ahhh, man, I wish I could get you guys in a room and just listen to you talk.
This stuff is priceless to me.

I've seen hacks be hacks,
But a lot of this sort of information is hard to find for landraces,

And the information is very treasured by the people who actually love the landraces and the stories behind them. I'm not attracted to the drama, but I like to give credit where credit is due, and understand the history as it increases the appreciation for the genetics themselves.

There is people, time, hard work and love involved in these preserved genetics, and not knowing those details always makes it feel like I only know half the story - and that's whatever the charging thief wants to share.

Thanks for taking me to school,
I seek out your guys' posts,
And you'll always have my respect.

oldbootz

Veteran
This kind of thing really triggers me, and I had like half a page typed up, just deleted it. No need to argue about this kind of thing. Humans are humans. If you've lived long enough you know who we are and what we are like. In the end what matters is that good pure lines of genetics are spread around because the plants "habitat" has now become our fridges and grow rooms and inability for a variety to spread to new fridges and grow rooms = extinct.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
In the end what matters is that good pure lines of genetics are spread around

Sure! But in that case isn't it better to be a man and ask those you got the genetics from for their blessing and then start giving those seeds out as freebies with your own stuff, rather than trying to cash on them like a little con and see what happens? That's the best way to spread genetics, giving them out for free... if that's your goal though. ;)

In my opinion if you want to charge for something, it should be your own work/creation, not others. Otherwise, what are you getting paid for? For being a con who takes advantage from other breeders and misleads people who don't know the real story? I wouldn't feel proud of that! :biggrin:

Giving credit not only honors those who came before you and maintains the legacy and true history of things, it also makes you earn people's respect. If you don't respect others, you don't respect yourself neither the plant you try to cash on IMO.

Time to move on anyway. :tiphat:

@THCVhunter, Kagyu=Chomba64.

B

beanz

theres people who pretend to be good people , then theres good people .

better to ask for permission rather than forgiveness .......better to never be the guy who does neither

Last edited:

Thcvhunter

Veteran
I get bashed a lot for being called a hoarder.

Peope say these pure lines need to spread around freely so they can be preserved.
Well in fact, they are. Just only in the hands of the people who respect the plant enough to not sell her out to companies that would patent her and never let the plants see the Sun.

Everyone is on their own path.
Some are in the canna commuity for the right reasons. Many are not.
We are stewards of this plant. We are tasked with not only preserving but also protecting her.
Those who claim we preservationists are hoarders, I would direct you to the previous sentence.

The battle between good and evil is right here on earth.

Yup.

Ive always said, the people who grow the best pot dont even grow anymore.

Farms in OR and WA are hacking my gear.
So I went to Emerald Cup and spread all my gear to everyone. Fuck it. Let everyone rip off the same lines. Im eager to see the different stories that pop up regarding their origins in a few years as they get renamed and rebranded.

@Musta.
I met up with Kagyu and confronted him.
He said he got some from Chomba but the others are his. I said, well unless you traveled amd selected yourself, you got them from someone.
He conceeded, yes, he got them from a wise grower with rare lines.
I said, yea, extra testicle, right.
He was shocked but conceeded that fact as well.
At least everyone buying his overpriced packs are greatly enjoying your hard work.

A lil disclaimer to those looking for landraces,
You dont buy landraces. You are entrysted with them.
If someone is selling you a landrace...its not a fucking landrace.
That Panama with CBD in it, Kagyu isnt telling you how theres hashplant in the line, because it would hurt his sales.

I'm inches away from hanging up my hat myself.
I really miss working in a hospital. When you work in a hospital, you are surrounded by people who only want to help others.

I'd be very interested in hearing what you have to say about bodhi's nierika lines. What are the odds that they're are legit?

@mustafunk....your input is requested as well. I just don't know how to quote multiple people lol

B

beanz

I get bashed a lot for being called a hoarder.

Peope say these pure lines need to spread around freely so they can be preserved.
Well in fact, they are. Just only in the hands of the people who respect the plant enough to not sell her out to companies that would patent her and never let the plants see the Sun.

Everyone is on their own path.
Some are in the canna commuity for the right reasons. Many are not.
We are stewards of this plant. We are tasked with not only preserving but also protecting her.
Those who claim we preservationists are hoarders, I would direct you to the previous sentence.

The battle between good and evil is right here on earth.

I dont pass my missus round , I preserve her she,s one of a kind :biggrin:.

some people take this shit too seriously .....if you let something out you took the risk you can only trust people on there word .

small amount payback is you get to post on canna forum .....and tell people who's not too be trusted .

way too much go,s on behind the scenes with most ," here have this but don,t tell anyone" .....see it all the time , but are you man enough to say no thanks , when your getting offered something you shouldn't be ?

hoard it if you don,t want people to have it .....or work in a trusted circle only

Last edited:

newbert

industry is not necessarily for community. oftentimes its in oppostion to it. thats why its so important to have the ability to cultivate our own plants/ cultivate in public. without that legalization is just becomes another racket.

respect to all the work everyones put in to this movement to get us to where we're at today. this thread is educational for sure

G

Gr33nSanta

great thread, I am getting really into sativa (narrow leaf cultivars) hybrids myself but I d love a pure indica in my collection. Every post in this thread was very helpful. So far I have been sharing plants, especially high cbd plants. I think if anyone wants to steal your work and not give you credit for it, they are not smart enough to succeed. At the end of the day though, given where technology is at, we ll be able to tell exactly the lineage via dna so people can lie and profit from their lies but it wont last long.

The goal for me is to make my own cultivars, my own.

Anyone can buy pack A and pack B and cross them together to make C, and everybody can make C that way, however, only I can buy pack A and B and R, and 23, and mix them all together before mixing them to L, E, and D. When I get to this point, I feel very confident about calling it my own.

I will always give credit to any breeders of which gear I ve used.

One final thing I would like to say is do not be shy to cross ANY random old landrace to your favorite hybrid cultivars, and share those seeds.

CARCHOFA

Nice conversation, and always is a good moment to argue about this.
I've talked sometimes with some mates and we are agree with both ideas. For me, finally I think that the plant isn't ours... it's from the world, frequently we have a paternalist view about her. Do you think that only talking through here we know well a person? It's difficult...

If you don't share a good book to the people they won't learn what is written in it... also, if you give a hoe to a vague he won't use it but if you give him to taste the nice fruits from the country he maybe will change his opinion.
Breeders write the history of the next varieties and lines. People that grows some lines in africa etc. grow them because of their qualities, maybe they can help the people. Every use of the cannabis is medicinal without knowing it... Think about that...

You have to play to win, to risk. Sharig something that then will make happy them, it's comforting, niicee.
Don't separate what has joined by the plant :)

Have a nice day!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts