What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Stone Pipes

gr8fulguitr

it is very interesting looking with stone pipes, I like the earthy look.
once upon a time, I had an amethyst stone in my fish tank. Might make a nice pipe-ette, i have no idea where it is now. lost, with my mind presumably....

zifozonke

stone pipes continued??

stone pipes continued??

for the oldSTONERS...out there
here is a pic of some chillums i have made from african wonderstone
loads of work( im sure paperthorn knows) ...but well worth it in the end

Attachments

• IMG-20180419-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20180419-WA0005.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 60

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I really like those dugouts zifozonke, this look beautiful. And what's the word paper, still drillin and polishing?

paper thorn

Veteran
I am still drilling and polishing.

just that i have some projects to do that have been taking most of my time. The hot time is upon us, and not much gets done till October when it's 115 every day. we hit 108 already.

anyway, i have a dozen or more done except for the last inch of stem hole in some and a couple still need bowls drilled, but i just can't seem to get time.

Soon, I'll be spending the wee hours out in the shop and shunning the sun. except for the grow, other projects go to the back burner and i can get focused again.

I have to go through my pics, i have a few, like of the finished stalactite pipe from the post above.

For now, i have to get out and work in the room and try to get something else done.

:thank you:

And zifozonke, man, that's nice work on those chillums.
beautiful

zifozonke

Stonepipes ....continued

Stonepipes ....continued

Thanks to all fellow members for the appreciation and kind words...glad to bring back the OLD memories.....this is what keeps me going.....:ying:

shithawk420

Veteran
for the oldSTONERS...out there
here is a pic of some chillums i have made from african wonderstone
loads of work( im sure paperthorn knows) ...but well worth it in the end

Damn dude.those are the nicest I might have seen.give me a pm

paper thorn

Veteran
i went almost a year it seems with spiderwebs growing on my drill press. I have a few projects to do so my wife is not stuck with a bunch of bullshit to deal with when i croak. ans since i had a stroke a couple years ago, that could be anytime. i need at least 8 more though.

It takes me a long time to do thing these days too, so that has not helped. I've got enough done finally that I feel i can reward my self with some hobby time.

I've been drilling a few I had cut and shaped a while back and will start some new ones soon. I'm going to have some new pics up in a week.

also, been busy with hemp farm plans as it seemed the Repub Majority leader McConnell put the hemp legalization section in the Farm Bill and president Trump has signed it legalizing hemp in America.

but that's another thread. I just wanted to drop in and say, yeah, i'm still drilling some pipes.
(also, I had promised a couple folks here a pipe and had never sent them. Now I have, hopefully they get them in time for Christmas, so i don't feel like an asshole posting knowing i was a friggen liar)
let me know guys, when you get them.

paper thorn

Veteran
just chillum time

just chillum time

Well, here it is March 2018. holy cow

I've got a few pics to put up, but since I don't know which folder they're in, I'll go with these of my most recent project.

Starting with

i am working on 4 chillums.
left to right: petrified wood, spotted white sandstone, crazy, woodgrain looking quartzite (maybe), greenish blue petrified palm.

super nice, palm. it's going to polish like glass. so, why chillums? well, my favorite old school hash maker, who you can find on YT, is the Dank Duchess. She makes Temple Balls, and I like her.
Well, there she was, smoking this chillum (she's a chillum smoker), made by an artist who I can't remember right now, and the screen went dark, and then there was sobbing. poor girl broke her awesome chillum.
Well, says I. can't have that :tiphat:

So i'm making these 4 for her to pick a new one from. I have them shaped, except for the pet wood, but not drilled. I'm thinking the blue green palm is going to pretty nice, but the petrified wood has a wicked pattern, then that woodgrain looking one, well, I'm glad I have a good chunk of that left, seriously nice looking.
the sandstone, well I think it will be cool. but it's kinda...

how the palm started. I used to think it was bark from a million year old tree, but the dotted pattern suggests palm.

cut
this piece is going to be a bowl for a pipe that will take a stem inserted into a hole in the side of the bowl. Not sure what to do for such stem yet, but I 'll be working on it.

Same as the first wit ha few pipes thrown in. one still rough. the big orange and black rock on the right is being made into a peace pipe.
I've cut it a bit to straighten it up and it is very impressive. that grey cement looking stuff is natural cement from this stone being in a conglomerate for a million years. but that spotting on the orange part??? wow does it look amazing once it's cut!

I'll try real hard to keep an update once every week or two, in the meantime, go check out a temple ball vid from my girl The Dank Duchess.
She has no idea about this thread or this forum, at least who i am here anyway. i've sent her some pics, but maybe i should turn her on to this thread.
maybe next time, i should post a temple ball vid of hers.
anyway, the Dank Duchess, go give her some icmag love.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
:woohoo: Love when this thread gets an update. Love the work as always paper thorn, gotta hit this up when rep resets.

Unholy_Fire

Very nice stonework for sure. My first pipe was stone back 35 years ago. Was from a headshot called windfair. If I recall they did not even have blown pipes only stone, wood, and metal.
Peace