What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Archive Seed Bank Thread?

mellowfellow

Tomoka Smoka
ICMag Donor
Veteran
After just seeing someone post some beautiful pictures of casper og and others in the past, I think it's time to get cracking the casper og, hazmat og, Kirkwood og, sour face and pie face I have stashed away.
I've seen nothing but fire from ThaDocta's gear, I don't know why I haven't got to them sooner. Mostly stupidity on my part.....

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My issue with ThaDocta was well documented on the prior thread that got shut down.

He was here for the sole purpose of backdoor promoting his seeds, without paying advertising fees or contributing in any financial manner, for the hundreds of pages and hundreds of thousands of views his thread had generated. HE NEVER would have done it when Gypsy was around.

Abused the forum rules, redirected site traffic and essentially just kicked a man when he was down. Rather than rallying around the platform that more or less created or continued his "identity" which enabled him and COUNTLESS other people to become breeders and make money via their online reputation - he milked it for every last dime he possibly could. Something about looking a gift horse in the mouth comes to mind.

I had no idea the instagram posts even existed. I wish the old Archive thread was still up so people could see I was right about this 3 years ago and I'm not any more wrong about it now than I was then.

All that aside, sure. Some great clone moms used. Like every online breeder before him. Anyone can use a single male and hit 20 plants with it and call them all something special. Eventually, 3 or 4 of them will be pretty great. Not being a "hater", it's just playing the odds, ultimately.

FACT is Karma Genetics is far superior. Far more unique. Not a bunch of quick, untested one offs. WORKED lines. 20,000 plant selections. My two cents.

I hope you find some killer flowers mellow. Kirkwood was the one that always had my attention. :joint:

That aside, Casper as a name was already in use before he thought he was clever. I'm a nobody so it doesn't bother me. But I do find it funny.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=5551650&postcount=2

dank.Frank

Last edited:
B

beanz

""frank the hammer"" , 12 knockouts and 0 losses . hahaha
you know I,m team frank just having a laugh .... I think name change might be in order for sure ;) its got a nice ring too it

Storm Shadow

Veteran
My dank Dosidos just proved it's a herm fest when temps fluctuate.. 2 good rounds with her.. temps take a nice winter dip.. and her tranny side shows .. pollen chucking at it's best

L

longdonsilver

Just as a correction of dank.frank's viewpoint, which is fine to have, even if it's inaccurate at best. Everyone entitled to their own view, no matter how skewed it is from the truth.

Regarding Dosidos and Forum cookies. Forum cookies wasn't used in Dosidos so not sure where dank.frank even comes up with his forum cookie rant. It wasn't used in anything related to Dosidos. The OGKB was used in Dosidos. Which if I remember right, ThaDocta is the only person in the industry to PAY for the rights to use the variety from the originators.

Regarding this forum. The moderators asked for $1000 to keep the Archive thread open. Archive offered free seeds in exchange to be put on auction or $1000 for his own sub forum in ICmag. Neither of those was good enough offers, only a $1000 extortion payment for a single thread to stay open on a forum was offered by IC mods.

Dank.frank. Considering the looseness with which you display the "facts", as you put them, it does make you a hater. Mainly because you're allowing non-truths to become your reality and making it a point to spread said misinformation.

If you're expecting cookie hybrids to be sex stable in poor growing conditions and fluctuations in environment, it would be recommended to not grow any kind of cookies. Anyone expecting stable progeny from multiple hermaphroditic hybrid offspring parental plants, needs to get their head checked.

keep growing the dank folks.

L

longdonsilver

Also, fact is Karma doesn't do 20,000 plant selections. The photos of the 7 acre greenhouse karma posts that does pheno hunts is not owned, operated or used in breeding by Karma. it's a facility owned by a company in Arizona. A licensed facility where germ plasm is not legally permitted to leave. Not sure how you integrate a closed-cell non-ownership related facility half way across the world into your breeding program. But hey, dank.frank says its true, so it must be. hahaha

L

longdonsilver

Oh, and Casper OG was first made and sold in 2011/2012. Well prior to the post you are referring to dank.frank.

Hobbyist

If you're expecting cookie hybrids to be sex stable in poor growing conditions and fluctuations in environment, it would be recommended to not grow any kind of cookies. Anyone expecting stable progeny from multiple hermaphroditic hybrid offspring parental plants, needs to get their head checked.

You should include that statement in your strain description, pretty sure the MASSES would understand.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Regarding this forum. The moderators asked for $1000 to keep the Archive thread open. Archive offered free seeds in exchange to be put on auction or $1000 for his own sub forum in ICmag. Neither of those was good enough offers, only a $1000 extortion payment for a single thread to stay open on a forum was offered by IC mods.

$1,000? Oh. I'm sorry. I didn't realize that was all they asked for. I figured it would have been much more than that. I mean, that's like, what, 5 packs of seeds?

:comfort:

I have a sub-forum on ICmag. I think maybe 10 people have grown seeds I've made. :laughing::laughing:

Your delusional self justification might convince some, but all I see is someone unwilling to do what everyone else before them had to do, in order to advertise their products or promote their brand.

Your contribution with more details only further solidifies exactly how absurd his expectation/opinion of himself is.

Extortion? You're an idiot. :tiphat:

dank.Frank

Last edited:
L

longdonsilver

the extortion thing was a joke.. lol.. this is the internet, you take it entirely too literal and seriously, but what else should we expect from someone with 10,000 posts?

I would have been happy, and offered, to pay for a sub forum or donate seeds to ICmag, but that wasn't offered as an option. Only pay $1000 for a thread that members of ICmag started, not me, was offered.

B

beanz

the extortion thing was a joke.. lol.. this is the internet, you take it entirely too literal and seriously, but what else should we expect from someone with 10,000 posts?

I would have been happy, and offered, to pay for a sub forum or donate seeds to ICmag, but that wasn't offered as an option. Only pay $1000 for a thread that members of ICmag started, not me, was offered.

one way to fix that , give payso a yell and get the pricing for sub forum , sure it could be popular . especially if you have time to field answers and give advice , sure would benefit your sales .

frank is loyal to ic and likes people ( seed makers ) who receive lots recognition here that gives them exposure that clearly benefits there business to give little back in form of helping the place run .

Last edited:

EvergreenState

Went down to the Archive dispensary in Portland Oregon ( I go down there all the time, wink, wink), on Monday and picked up a pack of The Vision (Lemon G x Dosidos). Excited to get them started; although that may be awhile. I got my pack for $165.
picture.php

Last edited:

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Also, fact is Karma doesn't do 20,000 plant selections. The photos of the 7 acre greenhouse karma posts that does pheno hunts is not owned, operated or used in breeding by Karma. it's a facility owned by a company in Arizona. A licensed facility where germ plasm is not legally permitted to leave. Not sure how you integrate a closed-cell non-ownership related facility half way across the world into your breeding program. But hey, dank.frank says its true, so it must be. hahaha

This is the type of snitch poser that is a shame. :tiphat:

zoo

Archive seems like a man with very poor business accumen

1000$ trade off for all the promotion that icmag will bring and has brought him over the years

Advertising like that is gold. It should be 1000bucks a year.

Also I emailed the docta about some dosidos that never sprouted. It took him 3 months to send me a generic reply and then another 3 months for the next reply and I'm yet to hear from him since, should ban all archive threads because he's a complete asshole

sdd420

Veteran

This sounds like you are actually ThaDocta

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sdd420 - it would appear that way. Which is ideal.

The fact is, I haven't singled out Archive. I've been making this argument for some time now about SEVERAL breeders. It's called accountability.

I guess I always forget that just because someone is a cannabis grower, it doesn't by default make them a good person. Because of the government and prohibition, cannabis also attracts a criminal element whose sole purpose is to profit.

I'm NOT against people making money on cannabis in any shape or form.

I am against those that knowingly take advantage of others while they are going through a difficult period.

I'm not against those that are intelligent enough to milk a system, honestly - I'm against those that put on a false pretense in order to do so - those that gain through deception rather than bold, direct, honesty.

this is the internet, you take it entirely too literal and seriously

Some people forget where they come from. You didn't always have direct to consumer retail to hawk your wares. Without the internet, you still wouldn't be shit. Just another grower in a sea of growers. Just another person trying to overgrow prohibition - or well, in your case, get rich or lie trying.

I'm sure you'll be just fine - my opinion is of little more weight than a fungus gnat. After all, who cares what gets said on the internet. (like the new account, by the way):tiphat:

dank.Frank

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts