What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

600w HEMPY 2L bagseed x12

TheMachinist

As the tittle states im growing 12 bagseeds hempy style. under 600w of MH/HPS. I will use GH nutes and schedule. I am posting pics that are current.

20 seeds where placed into 1.5" rock-wool cubes with a .25ml solution of well water. On Friday, Oct.18 2013. Rock-wool cubes where place into small disposable plastic cup and then into Ziploc back to create a humidity dome for each plant.

I ordered a sun-system 600w MH/HPS kit and GH nutes along with a hydro-farm 6" inline fan. All from eBay. decided to create this diary for people out there like me who where unsure about trusting eBay everything total with shipping cost(all free shipping) was $356.00

My phone takes shitty pics with the light on so i will string up something for when the lights are off. For now enjoy what I do have. FYI Mylar,carbon filter, and ducting to come soon. I will be experimenting with defoliation as well as supercroping.

TheMachinist

Thinking the same thing.

Thinking the same thing.

I actually started cleaning out my shed for my next project. And I found one of those reflective windshield sun shades. Now they are in a three sided reflective box. I raised the light to about 10" for now I will monitor their growth. I want to push them as hard as I can test my boundaries, before I invest in expensive strains. Thank for the input reassures my decisions. Can't wait till payday to get insulated ducting and mylar.

TheMachinist

picture.php

picture.php

Ickis

Veteran
They are being broiled. I hope you like crunchy.

The light is too close and not even needed. Just use a florescent for the first few weeks or keep that light 4 feet away.

TheMachinist

The light is currently 36" away. I place my hand over the plant and I can no longer feel the heat of the lamp. Do you think this is OK.

TheMachinist

All is well you guys should smoke more. Starting on third sets of leaves. One is a little slow. That's cool though. Thanks for telling me in time. I'll take some pics in a few. Payday is tomorrow so the order will be out for some panda film or mylar and my insulated ducting for the cool tube. And thanks again for the advice!!!

TheMachinist

Thanks for the guidance. Fixing the wall this weekend then i want to make a flow though box to encase the balast to keep it cool the temp inside the closet is between 73-78F at any given moment but cooler weather is right around the corner.

picture.php

picture.php

TheMachinist

So went to good will today found a temp/rh digital meter that has temp and humidity alarms both max/min. Added a box fan to blow in the space between the light and the plants. My temp is currently 80.9F and rh about 54%. They have developed first 3 pronged leaves. 2nd set are present just not fully formed. The sickling looks worse for wear. My friend donated 2 sour d seeds so the room will be put to use.

TheMachinist

Day 17 after topping!!!

Day 17 after topping!!!

Used that dumb ass windshield visor to make a airflow box for the ballast. The closet is nice and cool now. I am switching jobs so money will be tight until my first paycheck. I want to press for short grow cycles so I will be switching to 12/12 as soon as there are two nodes on each of the new growths. Soon I want to make a flow through dry box for harvest time so we will start making things as this diary progresses.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

TheMachinist

About to update pics. Have not watered in 3 days due to me overfeeding. Instead of topping, I FIMed them. So things will look interesting over the next week. They responded well to both FIMing them and holding back on the feeding. They did not get wilted at all. I'll post pics within the hour.

TheMachinist

Yeah I decided to top after the third node. I'm trying for a short grow cycle. I plan on switching to 12/12 in about Two weeks from today. I wanted the new growth to have a few nodes before I switch.

Thanks for the insight I will keep that in mind for the next grow. Also I left one untopped. So I can see the difference.