What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Do you have a family member that would narc you out?

mtbazz

I have a brother that is obsessed with "doing the right thing"...He has demonstrated this time and again to the point where his way of thinking is almost scary.

Even though he is not someone I really care to spend a great deal of time around because we are so different we do get along fairly well, however I firmly believe that if he found out I was growing the first thing he would do would be to pick up the phone and report me to the cops merely because he thinks it morally be correct.

Anyone else have a relative they think would do this?

ronbo51

Veteran
My brothers don't know I grow. Granted, it's just my little personal thing, but if I tell my brothers, then their wives know, then all bets are off.

B

BrnCow

My whole family is like straights except for me. Being the black sheep, I make sure they don't know anything about anything non straight. None of their business. I would hope they would warn me first but if I eliminate the problem and keep my business to myself, they can't rat me out. Of course, I don't have that problem to hide so take it with a grain of salt...I don't even allow anyone to smoke cigarettes at my place...

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
There is one important saying that still holds true today.. "Lose lips sink ships"
If your family member would do this I suggest you keep them out of your business lol..
ppl that rat out others for whatever the reason are just crappy ppl nothing anyone can do to change this .Only they can fix this character flaw... stay safe headband 707

S

SeaMaiden

I have a brother that is obsessed with "doing the right thing"...He has demonstrated this time and again to the point where his way of thinking is almost scary.

Even though he is not someone I really care to spend a great deal of time around because we are so different we do get along fairly well, however I firmly believe that if he found out I was growing the first thing he would do would be to pick up the phone and report me to the cops merely because he thinks it morally be correct.

Anyone else have a relative they think would do this?
Not even my grandparents who are/were SO against cannabis use would do such a thing. In fact, I know that my family would do things that would put themselves at risk in order to help or save another family member. Not my sisters, not my own sons, not my parents, not my cousins, no one would do such a thing to me unless I actually murdered someone.

Family first, that's all there is when you get down to it.

What happened to your brother that he's so obsessed with this notion? I mean, I DO understand it, we had a really weird thing happen last week that put me and my husband in the position of having to call the police, but it was so far beyond the triviality of someone growing some weed it's not worth the comparison.

Perhaps it's time you begin discussing with your brother the concept of bad laws.

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
Dude i got a story for ya... I was about 14 hangin out with my older cuz John ( he was a bad influence needless to say) well his mother called the cops on us one day for fucking with the phone line, we kept disconnecting it outside when she tried to make a call... well.. when she did get the cops over to the house me and my cuz John took off to go hide... at the time my mother had 2 6' tall ganja plants right next to the house in the backyard... when the cops came looking for us they walked RIGHT BY THE PLANTS and didnt say a thing!!! boy my mother got lucky!!

pretty fucked up when your own family calls the cops on you!

Yea, not only do I have a family member that would, but that did. I have an aunt who is hardcore conservative christian type lady who called the cops on us (or more accurately our tenants) who were 100% legit. Not only that but then told allllllll the neighbors, regardless of the fact the the DTF came out and said all was legal and no problems.

Moral of the story: fake ass people can come in all shapes forms and can come from closer than you would wish. Be careful out there folks.

mtbazz

So first things first. He DOES NOT know I grow...Never will as far as I am concerned.

As to the question of "what happened to him to cause him to be like this", I have no idea, but for as long as I can remember he has had this obsession of feeling the need "to do the right thing" if he sees someone doing what he perceives as "the wrong thing"....

Herbophile

I don't think anybody in my family would. My mother and all my siblings know I smoke but they don't have a confirmation that I grow. Although I do think they suspect it but they don't ask and I don't tell. My son knows but I trust him with my life. My father wouldn't turn me in but he would judge me very harshly.

On the other hand I have a few older aunts and uncles that might if they knew. Maybe not directly but they are the types that would be so against it that they would be flapping their gums to everyone they know.

supermanlives

Veteran
not for reefers. they got used of me growing dope as i kid . i got the classic reefer madness speach. are you smoking reefers son? LOL

Feyd

sunshine in a bag
Veteran
no.
brother and i are growing.
my mom took me out to lunch yesterday and we smoked some blueberry.
my little bro in prison asked me if I would get him stoned for his first time when he gets out in April.

mpd

Lammen Gorthaur
Veteran
:wtf::smoke out:Everybody in my family knows and nobody gives a flying f#$@!k. On the other hand, I'm so demented I might just narc myself out.

Friend

Veteran
I'm lucky enough to be a part of a family who despises cops as much as i do. I have a positive relationship with everyone in my immediate family. Most of them smoke with me.

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
So first things first. He DOES NOT know I grow...Never will as far as I am concerned.

As to the question of "what happened to him to cause him to be like this", I have no idea, but for as long as I can remember he has had this obsession of feeling the need "to do the right thing" if he sees someone doing what he perceives as "the wrong thing"....

Yeah thats the problem" the right thing" in who's mind?.
Sounds like your brother needs to smoke a joint lol :dance013:
headband 707

my little brother knows i grow but he is still afraid of telling. lol god bless some painful childhood memories. most of my family smokes but my mom. but she is cool becus i grow veggies and flowers for her. my family wouldnt be the problem.

Last edited: