What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

FIRST OUTDOOR: 58n typhoon and nanda devi

rocket high

Veteran
Aye they really take 'leafy' to a whole new meaning
smile.gif

Fey is a good celtic word that suggests having something of the other about a thing, something of the inbetween places where the old ones live.

But where as some can have the glamour and sparkle of Tir Na Nog(the land of eternal youth) others have a quieter, almost melacholy air, you'll have seen a fey child no doubt, one who likes to wander on there own and seem to drift off to the dreaming with no care for this world but always with a slight feeling of the sadness around them.

Well that was the feeling that one of the typhoons gave me and so she was named. Funnily enough, unlike the other typhoons she tastes of really strong Blackcurrant!

wave.gif
I don't know a word of Galic but i do now thanks to you Hoots ... looks like im a fey person then ...im a bit of a dreamer too just like your Typhoon but not as handsome :biggrin:

I simply must travel to Scotland some day -- preferably that lone warm summer day.

Good luck with that Claude :biggrin:

Hoots

So here's a wee update.

Weather has been cold and wet and shit, and then this week it cheered up.

Some frost at night and cold air but the last few days has had some lovely sunny days, hot in the sun cold in the shade.

Nanda devi males are all very close to showering pollen, heres the big male in his autumn colours,
picture.php

The sun has finally started nandaB flowering, shes still good and green,
picture.php

Close-up,
picture.php

The garwhali jungli X mandala#1 are going strong, looking healthy after the cold rain and wind.

Weather has held up flowering but they are starting in now,
picture.php

picture.php

Resin peppering in early which is a good sign,
picture.php

picture.php

Hoots mon!!!!!

Hoots

And so its over, Jungli cross came down 2 weeks ago and the nanda female at the weekend.

Great weather this last month, dry sun and little frost or rain.

Just too cold though for the plants to produce much in the way of proper buds but they finished and with some nice resin.

Jungli cross finished healthy and green,
picture.php

Except one which went,
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And heres the nanda, photo taken two weeks ago,
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Amazed to have taken 12/12 plants to finish here, the mild end to the year is all that made it possible.

So for my first outdoor I can say what a fuckin' joy.

Quite different plans for next year, put some lime out on both spots today,

so

ROLL ON SPRING

Have a warm winter and smoke one for me

:tiphat:

Hoots

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
Delightful end to the season and I'm delighted to see you enjoyed a nice late fall.

It was remarkable here too. There are still roses blooming in a sheltered place in my back yard, and this is nearly a month past a normal killing freeze.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm a bit fey at the moment = so many dreams, such a long winter before a chance to live again in the summer sun.

Till spring, Hoots. Good show!

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
its beautful. i wish we lived in a more equatorial climate. lookin good brother! i love these true "hard mode" sativas.

tranquilidy

Nanda Devi

Nanda Devi

this is my first post to IC MAG, and this thread is what brought me here...I know this is an old thread but you are the only other person I've found online growing the Nanda Devi. I've got 2 plants this year, out of my last seeds, as far as I know it is now a very rare strain, no longer offered by RSC. I grew it a couple of years ago and it was incredible, amazing fragrances and very beautiful, offering the very best of highs, uplifting, energetic, mind warping,,, woo-eee....

I'm concerned that this strain is not being preserved by the cannabis community, it is most definitely a keeper, I'm trying to breed with it this year but don't have a male plant, I may cross it with another Indian sativa. If anyone is in possession of these seeds, multiply them and spread them for the sake of the cannabis loving world! Long live the Nanda Devi, --- hopefully someone might go back up the mountain to retrieve this one from N. India, Got to keep it going strong.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Hello, this is an old thread. None the less I can't wait to run and preserve the Nanda Devi. It will be joined by some Lebanese and a few auto's by Ace.

This season I'm doing a cross of DJ Shorts Blueberry male x a chunky Lebanese female. I will have some in the greenhouse and some outside.
Peace. MedDakotabis

Latest posts

Latest posts