What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Blynx's 1 sqft CFL cab & other CFL micro cabs

5FingrdSloth

Very impressive all around blynx! I am starting my first scrog on a small screen and am trying to get a handle on veg times. Now, I know things will be strain dependant, but can I ask how long you vegged the 2 C99 bx1 in post #198 for? more than 30 days?

Strangely

I turned the lihgts off to get a couple shots. It's a lot easier to see how crowded it really is in there.
Do you find the buds touch the bulbs much? Any real issues if they do do you think? Looking nice and rammed in there! :)

de145

Do you find the buds touch the bulbs much? Any real issues if they do do you think? Looking nice and rammed in there! :)

With 23 watt bulbs I find that they only get burned if they physically touch, anything less and they don't burn. I just make sure the buds aren't touching and try to keep them as close as possible. If a few leaves get a bit of a burn it's no biggie just little burns where they touch on the leaves.

TokinTY

yo, first off i love your cab, and i love your grows. i went thru the whole micro section grows and your grows always stuck out at me......your one of the reason i even joined this site...but you inspired me to redo my cab. most people go bigger...but i went smaller lol. meh 1.3sq ft rubbermaid with 182 watts in there :dance013: lol. temps stays 75 light on. Rh in the mid-upper 30's. last flower cab i had was 79 lights on at plant level. i think they'll like this cab a whole lot better :D. just gotta get these ph/lockout probs down and ill be g2g.
anyways keep doin what you do, looking good already, and as always lol
-T

420OGKUSH

I know this may sound nooby but I never understood how it's possible to water your plants and collect run-off when you're doing a scrog, especially that small. Can you let me know your ways please? And by the way +rep you're gettin mad weight for such a small area.

shawkmon

Pleasantly dissociated
Veteran
im pretty sure he doesnt have run off, ferts in the soil and he uses plain water, lookin good b

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very impressive all around blynx! I am starting my first scrog on a small screen and am trying to get a handle on veg times. Now, I know things will be strain dependant, but can I ask how long you vegged the 2 C99 bx1 in post #198 for? more than 30 days?

That C99 BX1 was vegged under the screen for 16 days.

I try not to let the buds touch the bulbs or they will burn.

The only burning I'm seeing are fan leaves that actually touch the bulbs.

I know this may sound nooby but I never understood how it's possible to water your plants and collect run-off when you're doing a scrog, especially that small. Can you let me know your ways please? And by the way +rep you're gettin mad weight for such a small area.

I don't have runoff.

The containers I use in my micro grows, do not have drain holes in them. I mostly water with plain tap water, but have started mixing up a nute tea of EJ products/guano/kelp/etc and feeding it to them about 4 weeks into flower.

The plants are being grown in re-used soil to help slow the rate of vertical growth. The denser the soil is, the slower the plants will grow.

When I'm re-using soil, I only add some bone meal and bio-tone to it. Moisten, mix, let sit for a bit, then use.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's the single C99 BX1 at the end of the 8th week of flowering

C99 BX1

Day 56 Flower

CHOP!

I trimmed this plant real tight and ended up with a lot of sugar trim, 59g wet. The garbage compost trim only weighed 52g wet.

Compost Trim

Sugar Trim

Wet Bud Weight

Here's a shot of all the buds and a couple closeups

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The buds were dried for a week.

picture.php

I ended up with 26.05g dried of nice dense pineapple smelling C99 BX1. This was a little less than last round, but overall I can't complain.

I did notice there were a lot of larger fans that blocked a lot of light to the lower buds and they ended up real leafy, which contributed to the large amount of sugar trim.

Here's some compilation pics showing the progression of this grow.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

This cab is temporarily vegging some C99 BX1 crosses I made, so it might be a bit before this cab gets flowered out again.

M

mosca negra

Good growing there Blynx! Great to see a clever grower Killin' it with cool creativity!!

Proost,

Mosca

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's the scrog cab at the end of the 6th week of flowering

C99 BX1

Day 42 Flower

Lights off

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Couple more weeks to go! :dance013:

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's the 1sq ft cab at the end of the seventh week of flowering

1 sqft CFL Cab

picture.php

picture.php

:joint:

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's the scrog cab at the end of the 7th week of flowering

C99 BX1

Day 49 Flower

Lights off

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Coming down next week! :jump:

shawkmon

Pleasantly dissociated
Veteran
its POW 8 more watts , originaly from midds, he got from some nerd who made a grow cab out of the card board box, maybe someone can find that post,and looks amazing blynx!