What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HUMAN ASHES AS FERTILIZER ! !

Pipedream

Proudly Growing My Own Since 1969
Veteran
:rasta:

Well, Fertilizer for Thought that is.......

For those that know me from OG, or you've been hanging around IC for a while, you may remember a similar post of mine. However, another Year's time has come and gone since my Dad's passing, and as it is our religous tradition, once again I pay homage to him as I observe the anniversary of his death.

If your sense of humor is one half as good as my Dad’s was, you might enjoy this.

I won’t bore you here with the details of his life or death. Just understand that he was a wonderful person, never broke any laws, was married to the same women for over 50 years, was very low-key, and he was liked and loved by almost everyone that knew him. There are two things I remember & thank him for the most. First, long before “Diversity” was a buzzword he taught me more than tolerance, he taught me acceptance. And the second thing I'll never forget, was his wonderful, dry, and very deep, sense of humor. Nothing was off-limits or safe.

After he passed away, he was cremated as per his request. My mother and sisters couldn’t deal emotionally with his ashes, so the task fell to me. For the longest time I couldn’t decide what to do with them, so they sat in their cardboard box on my desk.

Years passed and there they stayed. Then one day, while walking thru the Mall I saw this stash-box/cookie jar. For some reason, it reminded me of the time I was a teenager and my parents found my pot in my room. It was not a happy time, but you know, my father hugged me that day! And just then, I knew what I had to. I bought the box.

It’s been quite a few years since that day in the Mall and Dad seems very happy in his new home. Someday his ashes will be returned to nature with my Mom’s, but hopefully not for a very long time. The Cheech & Chong “Up In Smoke” box is perfect on many fronts. But if I have to explain it to you, you would have never understood my Dad.

When you take your next toke, let it be a toast to someone who means something special to you.

Regards to all, Pipedream :wave:

Last edited:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Are you really going to use the ashes as fertilizer or just return them to nature?

Cool stashbox!

zamalito

Veteran
That's a great box. It sounds like your father would've really gotten a kick out of it. I hope to have someone like you after I die who takes care of my remains with the same fondness and I hope my presence can bring them the same joy.

ozzy

Great story, misleading title though. I was waiting for the part where you poured some of his ashes in your garden and got some killer bud out of the deal.
I guess in essence you would be smoking your father though, not sure if that would be right.
I will blaze one in his honour.
God bless.

G

weird...i have always wanted to be buried without a casket, underneath a freshly planted baby tree when i die. that way, i'll turn into the tree, and the tree will represent me...not some stupid concrete sign in a cemetary! i just wonder the legality of that. oh well...

Nikijad4210

Veteran
Nice way to keep your dad comfy :D

As for me, Wolf knows damn well there's no need to stuff me in the ground & waste land like that---It can be used for so many different positive purposes that there's too many to list....But in my opinion, a burial plot is a terrible waste of useful land, so I'll be cremated. I really don't give a fuck if someone keeps me around or not, but I'd rather be mixed into artificial reef material & plunked down in the ocean----I love the water, and wouldn't mind being part of something beautiful like a reef.

Pipedream

Veteran
:frown:

Another Yahrtzite (year's time) without you in front of me, but always with me in my heart.
Let me introduce you to a few more of my friends......

Your loving son, Pipedream

Oseh sholom bimromov, hu ya'aseh sholom olaynu, v'al kol yisroel; vimru Omein.

Last edited:

RED145

Fuck PipeDream!!!That got me all emotional,what a touching and beautiful sentiment!!Keep yer memories alive,in the end its all we got. :wave:

P

Psychosativa

I have wondered the same. In fact, when I die, I want my ashes to be used as fertilizer for cannabis.

RudolfTheRed

Veteran
There is a rumor that tupacs group the Outlawz took some of his ashes and put them in a blunt. I either want my ashes used this way... or just leave me to fertilize something.

JJDubz

I am sure your father is watching down on you pipe, and is so proud and happy to see that even in such a tough situation, you bring light and find happiness.

My grandfather too wished to be cremated, and he being an absolute Golfing FIEND wanted to be scattered throughout his favourite golf course, as he was. We play there once a year and he is always in my thoughts.

May you keep all the best memories of him, and find peace and happiness in times of need.

Best,

JJ

G

I wouldn't smoke them or use them for fertilizer. Human remains contain to many toxic metals such as murcury.

Creamatoriams are starting to be looked at as toxic sites because of this.

Speaking for myself, I would be Honored. I would be outta my mind with joy if you decided to use my ashes as fertilizer. That would be some special smoke. Sounds like your pops wouldnt mind either. You are giving life to something special through his death. Use the smoke as a sacrament to connect with him on special occasions. I am the only one in my immediate family left. Everyone else has died on me. I have decided that I want to be cremated. Who is gonna visit my grave 100 years from now, no one. I would rather put my ashes to good use.

b8man

Veteran
If he enjoyed canna and understood, I'd be more inclined to use it as a fertilizer. But if he wasn't really into it, it might not be the best thing to do with the ashes. But of course it's up to you.

Personally, I'd love to be useful when I die. Fertilizer, movie prop, projectile fired against the white house - anything really.

Pipedream

Veteran

February 2010, and yet another year without you.

Thinking of you daily and still thanking you for all you gave me in life.

Your loving son, Pipedream

Oseh sholom bimromov, hu ya'aseh sholom olaynu, v'al kol yisroel; vimru Omein.
(May he who makes peace in heaven, bring peace to the whole world)