What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Want to upgrade my old worn out mags

samiam

Yes I'm definitely going to be ordering a couple extra ballast's and bulbs.

The problem with people blowing there bulbs is there not using a square wave ballast and a 6kvps hood, the standard 5kvps hoods are fine for HPS and MH DE's but not for CMH DE's.

I too perfer a much wider
hood than the small ones that most newer lighting setups come with

mushroombrew

Veteran
There is another thread about the 945's I will look for it. They were blowing on a few different ballasts I think.

Does the bulb manufacturer specify which ballast manufacturers? Or just Square wave?

I find it hard sometimes because they obviously just want to sell product. So much china crap these days and no shortage of BS marketing. The Mags are still way more reliable which is sad.

samiam

I thank as long as ballast is a ture square wave with a 6kv hood should work fine, I guess I will find out soon

samiam

Okay just to give an update. Growers wanting to go CMH you need to make sure you match your bulb voltage with your ballast out put voltage and not input voltage. You will probably have to call the manufacturer.

samiam

Update I have a couple of bulb manufacturers testing there bulbs with different ballast manufacturers. I will arrive in China in April to go over testing results.

samiam

Update, all manufacturers of 1000 watt CMH bulbs have failed testing. Will need more time to improve the bulb.