What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cold Adaptation - Freezing Temps. & Seedlings in Early Flowering

St. Phatty

I have about 5 plants outdoors, next to Cannabis Cat #1's feeding dish.

1 of them is declared Female, another is declaring Male.

The other 3 are taking their time, but looking healthy - for plants that have to deal with high 20's - low 30's night-time temps.

attachment.php

I am thinking about letting the male & female (both Purple Trainwreck x Apollo 11) do their thing and make seeds.
But I had a question.

It seems like they - the seedlings - would be cold-adapted.

I'm just wondering if that is true.

Is cold adaptation a trait that can be passed on genetically ?

About every other day the sun comes out for a few hours and the plants open up their leaves and grow & look happy.

Attachments

• IMG_3797_+__.jpg
    IMG_3797_+__.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3800_coLd.jpg
    IMG_3800_coLd.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 11

Budpirate

Well i guess cold adaptation is a trait that can be passed on genetically, however such genetic adaptations wont be happening in such a short time that we are talking about here, think you would need to selectivly breed many plants over many generations to get any noticable genetic adaptation to cold.