What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Revival of the REVIVAL of the ULTIMATE SATIVA THREAD a.k.a R.U.S.T II

harvestreaper

Veteran
Looks sweet,:tiphat:

thanks drfeelzgood she smellin good an hopeffuly coming to a close ,im always in 2 minds posting my raggedy plants on here compared to some of these exelent growers , think i need some tips off the likes of madmac an leets on how to keep these ladies happy for so long in pots

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
,, looks great ultimate oldschool nev cross ,,fem pollen production?how many weeks in ?? she smoke as well as parents ?? the more i look at these threads the more i wanna track them cuts down to see if they same as the one we had back then i only miss the special ones

She is the C5 x NL Hz A reg . Got 2 females from 6 seeds .Made F2s . Haven`t sampled yet ...

She’s a beauty

What aromas are you getting?

1luvbigherb

Dark and smokey . Nuthin sweet about these girls . Like nothin I have smelt on a ganja plant before .

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Im Curious how this Maos smokes , keep us posted

1luvbigherb

well it smokes strong, but gentle. strong like fine woman, enjoyable and pleasant :D stupid south asian happiness with some giggly episodes. very fine euphoric quality to it.. lasts few hours. its great cross. not speedy or energetic, you can move, little bit slower, I sit on it very often enjoying trippy buzzing..

leet

My new Nevs Haze from recent stock, 44 day flowering

This plant smells sharp, limey-piney-spicey-peppery-cardamom and there is a floral-sweet tone to it, sometimes it reminds of tropical fruits, it's different than it's sisters , no dark smells, no cocoa/chocolate, no leather. I don't like the nl5hazeA dominant so much as the HazeC dominant plants with some HazeA characteristics, there is something exotic ( smellwise )about them. The best combines the best of both worlds...

picture.php

:woohoo:

G

I got mature rotten fruit smells from the nevs i tried in 09 nothing incense at all from that pack. :tiphat:

Last edited:

leet

Did you get any plants that looked like the above that had the smells I describe above ? It was the only one ( and last one ) from the pack. Sharp. Nothing dark,mature, smokey or rotten about it. Lemon , spicey , peppery , cardamom , piney. Can you post any pictures from the most haze plants ? Thanks !

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Cardamom ! This is the smell I got today...

43( ? ) day flowering today.. This Nevils Haze fem has been cloned and is seeded by a fast Nevils Hz NL5HzA dominant male that reeked of limes.

Trichomes just start to appear really, that is 43 days flowering with 2x 48 hour darkness and under 8/16 ;) By that time most growers will feel hopeless and probably wonder why they grew this plant in the first place, some will ditch 'em but now is the time where NH changes and will start to produce DIAMONDS!

View Image
Leet - You are the Neville's Haze master! Your pictures are spectacular, and you must be doing it right on this line because you have been growing these for a long time. Not sure I've seen anyone grow any one strain so consistently.

I'm surprised by your light schedule because I grew a Neville's Haze pheno that didn't look like any of your pictures, but was THE best weed I have ever smoked, and I was smoking Thai Stick on and off for a decade starting in the early 70s. The funny thing is that I grew it a few times and it only was super spectacular once. It was when I grew it for 18 weeks at 12/12. During another attempt I tried to incrementally change it from 12/12 to 10/14, but it didn't work. It looked done in 16 weeds, but it was hay.

That pheno was golden colored, had long very skinny leaves, and grew crazy slowly the first couple of months with tiny internode length. In fact, it only looked mature enough to start flowering when the rest of the pack was done flowering. When it got bigger, the internode space got big and it was a very lanky plant. This was even before I put it on a flowering light cycle. This was the second most difficult plant I ever grew. It's buds, if you could call them that, were like Dr. Grinspoon buds but smaller.

I vowed never to make my light cycle on time less then 11 hours again. You are making me think I'm wrong. You are also making me think I should explore the more common phenotypes and try to grow them better.

Any secrets/tips to harvest timing on Neville's Haze? I like that electric buzziness and intense terrorific high that tapers off to pure bliss and love for the universe.

Thanks,

ThaiBliss

leet

Leet - You are the Neville's Haze master! Your pictures are spectacular, and you must be doing it right on this line because you have been growing these for a long time. Not sure I've seen anyone grow any one strain so consistently.

I'm surprised by your light schedule because I grew a Neville's Haze pheno that didn't look like any of your pictures, but was THE best weed I have ever smoked, and I was smoking Thai Stick on and off for a decade starting in the early 70s. The funny thing is that I grew it a few times and it only was super spectacular once. It was when I grew it for 18 weeks at 12/12. During another attempt I tried to incrementally change it from 12/12 to 10/14, but it didn't work. It looked done in 16 weeds, but it was hay.

That pheno was golden colored, had long very skinny leaves, and grew crazy slowly the first couple of months with tiny internode length. In fact, it only looked mature enough to start flowering when the rest of the pack was done flowering. When it got bigger, the internode space got big and it was a very lanky plant. This was even before I put it on a flowering light cycle. This was the second most difficult plant I ever grew. It's buds, if you could call them that, were like Dr. Grinspoon buds but smaller.

I vowed never to make my light cycle on time less then 11 hours again. You are making me think I'm wrong. You are also making me think I should explore the more common phenotypes and try to grow them better.

Any secrets/tips to harvest timing on Neville's Haze? I like that electric buzziness and intense terrorific high that tapers off to pure bliss and love for the universe.

Thanks,

ThaiBliss

Hi ThaiBliss,

Nice to see you again ! Well about the light schedule, I always believe when you go down , you should compensate. 12/12 400w 10/14 600w 8/16 1000w, well not exactly but you get the point.

My theory is based on two things

1) the plant needs a total amount of photons/light to produce the final product

2) 12/12 for mostly/pure sativas is not "good" enough to really flower it , it is something between vegging and flowering.

Based on the two above, I have had "better" plants growing 8/16 than 12/12 as in , better buds , no foxtailing , not as much stretch , faster onset of flowering, faster overall flowering, higher calyx to leaf ratio, higher bud/stalk ratio. The buds as far as I can tell, I can't tell the difference, if anything if I see them a bit leafy I will think they will be probably grown under 12/12 instead of 11/13 or 8/16.

If you compensate perfectly, you will find that you dont really loose any yields too, if you don't and the light levels are still good, the buds will be equally good but the yield will be less.

Growing under extreme light can be very stressy for the plants so growing 8/16 with extreme light I recommend only for the most advanced growers.

I have grown the same clone under 12/12 and 8/16 and I can't tell the difference and I have been smoking the same clone for years. I have never had it hay under 8/16, I have only seen the clone turn into hay into bad hands of other growers, but I have never seen a link between 8/16 and 12/12.

Now,if you had the same clone really good grown under 12/12 but it was hay under 8/16 I would highly suspect you didnt compensate and it was already low ( minimum ) light levels already at 12/12. Given that you did everything the same, I can't think of anything else.

Well, with Nevs Haze it's about selection and growing them to perfection... you know I would say that haha . I do 48 hour darkness x 2 to induce faster flowering onset and 8/16 with LOTS LOTS of light. They finish pretty fast and they are of excellent quality, you can basically harvest these 15-16weekers ( 110 days ) at day 85-90 if you do everything perfect, you might still have some not fully mature top colas but that's fine because you get more of the electric high when you harvest early and the plants don't produce as much at the end of their cycle, so you basically harvest and start again, more yield per year of electric highs ha :D Btw I only grow for personal and I care mostly about quality.

PS As a general recommendation 11/13 is fine for most purposes.

Last edited:
G

Did you get any plants that looked like the above that had the smells I describe above ? It was the only one ( and last one ) from the pack. Sharp. Nothing dark,mature, smokey or rotten about it. Lemon , spicey , peppery , cardamom , piney. Can you post any pictures from the most haze plants ? Thanks !

The plant i kept had stacked calyxes on random skinny bud stems ive seen the same looking pheno over on mrnice.
She had nice potency and resin and i kept her for nearly ten years.
I ended up breeding a bunch of seeds from her to a x18 deep chunk male before i let her go,
I kinda agree with what thai says and my plant performed best on 12/12 any other light regime seemed to fail her mine would finish in 16 weeks of 12/12 but anything else she would struggle. I do have pics somewhere.

MadMac

far beyond driven...
Ko Chang Thai

Ko Chang Thai

hello,
here is another beast...
Ko Chang thai... still in full bloom...
don't know how it will end...

picture.php

picture.php

M.:tiphat:

MadMac

far beyond driven...
Ko Chang x Thai Stick

Ko Chang x Thai Stick

hello,
well here is another amazing thai...
have two of these monsters...
can't wait to smoke them hehe
some thai goodness for the summer...
a cut' got also hazed with THH and later o-haze...
thx to RC_Colas ... you did a amazing job with the thais!

Ko Chang x Thai Stick
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

M.