Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Chimera Genetics / Breeders Retail > Ancestral Skunk #1 - Grow Show

Thread Title Search
Thread Closed
Ancestral Skunk #1 - Grow Show Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-13-2017, 05:15 PM #371
ReikoX
Knight of the BlackSvn

ReikoX's Avatar

Join Date: May 2015
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,778
ReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr33nSanta View Post
The latest bug I am trying for FG are rove beetles. FG are not problem for me, if they were, Id use nematodes. I like to have a more versatile predators. Rove beetles can feed on spidermites, thrips, FG ...

I think I like em, I love that they fly so they do not need to be released in a specific location, anywhere in the room will do.

Hashmasta-Kut, do you have any pics of your Ancestral Skunks? how are they coming along?
I've been thinking about getting some rove beetles just to watch them. They would have plenty to eat right now, but I heard they bite.

I do appreciate all the advice given to me. We have all had gnats at one level or another. Still learning this no-till thing and the "just wait it out" advice (another forum) was probably the worst one I've gotten. Eventually I'll hit a ballance.

I am definitely going to cull the plant that is throwing nanners. It is mainly happening where she is heat stressed under the COBs. But I still have 200 more seeds to sort through.
ReikoX is offline


2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-13-2017, 05:29 PM #372
~star~crash~
Senior Member

~star~crash~'s Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 6,792
~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor
hey Good morning
~star~crash~ is online now


1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-13-2017, 07:06 PM #373
GoatCheese
Member

GoatCheese's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 992
GoatCheese has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReikoX View Post

I am definitely going to cull the plant that is throwing nanners. It is mainly happening where she is heat stressed under the COBs. But I still have 200 more seeds to sort through.
If the nanner problem is still in control and you're not too worried the other plants will get fully pollinated, then maybe try this little trick before cutting her down.


If it really is just heat stress causing the nanners then bend the tops lower and see if this stops the nanners coming out.
You can actually "crush" the stem of the cola, at the height you're after, and then bend it to, say, 90 degree angle; tied to a stick. This way you won't snap the stem when you bend it down heavily.
If the stem is abit too strong so that you can't crush/twist the insides with your fingers, then find something hard and round, maybe a pen/pencil or what eve rand press the stem against that. Like you'd be "super cropping" the plant, you know.


Cannabis plants can take alot of abuse and still keep growing. I have done this a few times and the plants didn't hermie because of this. Perhaps abit stunned for few days, but soon you'll see the tip of the bent cola reaching for the light.

But if the nanner problem is too bad, then it's prolly best to cut her down.
GoatCheese is offline


1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-13-2017, 07:14 PM #374
ReikoX
Knight of the BlackSvn

ReikoX's Avatar

Join Date: May 2015
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,778
ReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~star~crash~ View Post
hey Good morning
Morning ~star~crash~
ReikoX is offline


Old 12-13-2017, 07:16 PM #375
ReikoX
Knight of the BlackSvn

ReikoX's Avatar

Join Date: May 2015
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,778
ReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatCheese View Post
If the nanner problem is still in control and you're not too worried the other plants will get fully pollinated, then maybe try this little trick before cutting her down.


If it really is just heat stress causing the nanners then bend the tops lower and see if this stops the nanners coming out.
You can actually "crush" the stem of the cola, at the height you're after, and then bend it to, say, 90 degree angle; tied to a stick. This way you won't snap the stem when you bend it down heavily.
If the stem is abit too strong so that you can't crush/twist the insides with your fingers, then find something hard and round, maybe a pen/pencil or what eve rand press the stem against that. Like you'd be "super cropping" the plant, you know.


Cannabis plants can take alot of abuse and still keep growing. I have done this a few times and the plants didn't hermie because of this. Perhaps abit stunned for few days, but soon you'll see the tip of the bent cola reaching for the light.

But if the nanner problem is too bad, then it's prolly best to cut her down.
Thanks for the hints. I already did this to get them where they are now. No way I can crush them now, they are as thick as pencils.

Dispite the troubles, this is probably one of my best runs yield wise. I really need to stop fucking around with cabinets and build a 5x5 room in my workshop.
ReikoX is offline


1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-13-2017, 08:06 PM #376
40AmpstoFreedom
Senior Member

40AmpstoFreedom's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 9,264
40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future
Got anywhere you could just go grab a bottle of dutchmasters reverse?
__________________
Below is a link to all of my grow reviews...there are a bunch so get off the clones, dive in, and find some new genetics to appreciate!

Click here for a link to all of my grows
40AmpstoFreedom is offline


Old 12-13-2017, 08:44 PM #377
ReikoX
Knight of the BlackSvn

ReikoX's Avatar

Join Date: May 2015
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,778
ReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40AmpstoFreedom View Post
Got anywhere you could just go grab a bottle of dutchmasters reverse?
Isn't that just colloidal silver. I can make my own. Why would I want to use this?
ReikoX is offline


Old 12-13-2017, 09:00 PM #378
Miraculous Meds
Senior Member

Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 3,708
Miraculous Meds has much to be proud ofMiraculous Meds has much to be proud ofMiraculous Meds has much to be proud ofMiraculous Meds has much to be proud ofMiraculous Meds has much to be proud ofMiraculous Meds has much to be proud ofMiraculous Meds has much to be proud ofMiraculous Meds has much to be proud ofMiraculous Meds has much to be proud ofMiraculous Meds has much to be proud ofMiraculous Meds has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReikoX View Post
Thanks for the hints. I already did this to get them where they are now. No way I can crush them now, they are as thick as pencils.

Dispite the troubles, this is probably one of my best runs yield wise. I really need to stop fucking around with cabinets and build a 5x5 room in my workshop.

I personally like built rooms, but ive been pricing tents for their portability, and ease of install for small breeding, and equipment testing. Id like to go with gorilla, but they are pricey. the other alternative I liked was high rise tents. they come with a bit taller ceiling height than most. the 5x5 sports 86" of height. Which is exactly perfect to fit under my shortest beams in my basement. I gain about 6" vs other tents. They are on sale for about $180. Id like to buy a few, but im building solid rooms at the moment, and am already testing in some other tents.


Im enjoying the ancient skunk grow n share. thanks for taking the time. Ive got some of these on the way and will share when I get them germinated.
peace,
mm
https://hydrobuilder.com/high-rise-5-x-5-grow-tent.html
Miraculous Meds is offline


1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-13-2017, 09:56 PM #379
bsgospel
Member

bsgospel's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 311
bsgospel is a jewel in the roughbsgospel is a jewel in the roughbsgospel is a jewel in the roughbsgospel is a jewel in the roughbsgospel is a jewel in the roughbsgospel is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReikoX View Post
Isn't that just colloidal silver. I can make my own. Why would I want to use this?
Ethephon; and this particular brand seems banned in the US now. Had a rep who handles 3 A Light's hydro account and he says they're going through a ridiculous amount every week.

You're right- you wouldn't want colloidal silver if you wanted nanners to stop
__________________
"I've got good news. That gum you like is going to come back in style."
bsgospel is offline


Old 12-13-2017, 11:24 PM #380
Miraculous Meds
Senior Member

Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 3,708
Miraculous Meds has much to be proud ofMiraculous Meds has much to be proud ofMiraculous Meds has much to be proud ofMiraculous Meds has much to be proud ofMiraculous Meds has much to be proud ofMiraculous Meds has much to be proud ofMiraculous Meds has much to be proud ofMiraculous Meds has much to be proud ofMiraculous Meds has much to be proud ofMiraculous Meds has much to be proud ofMiraculous Meds has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsgospel View Post
Ethephon; and this particular brand seems banned in the US now. Had a rep who handles 3 A Light's hydro account and he says they're going through a ridiculous amount every week.

You're right- you wouldn't want colloidal silver if you wanted nanners to stop


I use ethephon to reverse males for inspection per sam's thread. I use this brand, seems like its everywhere here in the states, and online. Never used it for anything else.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004RZBYC2...a-309536585702
Miraculous Meds is offline


2 members found this post helpful.

Thread Closed

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:25 AM.


Click to Visit Seedsman for Cannabis Seeds


This site is for educational and entertainment purposes only.
You must be of legal age to view ICmag and participate here.
All postings are the responsibility of their authors.
Powered by: vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.