Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Chimera Genetics / Breeders Retail > Ancestral Skunk #1 - Grow Show

Thread Title Search
Thread Closed
Ancestral Skunk #1 - Grow Show Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-13-2017, 05:15 PM #371
ReikoX
Knight of the BlackSvn

ReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr33nSanta View Post
The latest bug I am trying for FG are rove beetles. FG are not problem for me, if they were, Id use nematodes. I like to have a more versatile predators. Rove beetles can feed on spidermites, thrips, FG ...

I think I like em, I love that they fly so they do not need to be released in a specific location, anywhere in the room will do.

Hashmasta-Kut, do you have any pics of your Ancestral Skunks? how are they coming along?
I've been thinking about getting some rove beetles just to watch them. They would have plenty to eat right now, but I heard they bite.

I do appreciate all the advice given to me. We have all had gnats at one level or another. Still learning this no-till thing and the "just wait it out" advice (another forum) was probably the worst one I've gotten. Eventually I'll hit a ballance.

I am definitely going to cull the plant that is throwing nanners. It is mainly happening where she is heat stressed under the COBs. But I still have 200 more seeds to sort through.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-13-2017, 05:29 PM #372
~star~crash~

~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor
hey Good morning

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-13-2017, 07:06 PM #373
GoatCheese

GoatCheese has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReikoX View Post

I am definitely going to cull the plant that is throwing nanners. It is mainly happening where she is heat stressed under the COBs. But I still have 200 more seeds to sort through.
If the nanner problem is still in control and you're not too worried the other plants will get fully pollinated, then maybe try this little trick before cutting her down.

If it really is just heat stress causing the nanners then bend the tops lower and see if this stops the nanners coming out.
You can actually "crush" the stem of the cola, at the height you're after, and then bend it to, say, 90 degree angle; tied to a stick. This way you won't snap the stem when you bend it down heavily.
If the stem is abit too strong so that you can't crush/twist the insides with your fingers, then find something hard and round, maybe a pen/pencil or what eve rand press the stem against that. Like you'd be "super cropping" the plant, you know.

Cannabis plants can take alot of abuse and still keep growing. I have done this a few times and the plants didn't hermie because of this. Perhaps abit stunned for few days, but soon you'll see the tip of the bent cola reaching for the light.

But if the nanner problem is too bad, then it's prolly best to cut her down.

Old 12-13-2017, 07:14 PM #374
ReikoX
Knight of the BlackSvn

ReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~star~crash~ View Post
hey Good morning
Morning ~star~crash~

Old 12-13-2017, 07:16 PM #375
ReikoX
Knight of the BlackSvn

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatCheese View Post
If the nanner problem is still in control and you're not too worried the other plants will get fully pollinated, then maybe try this little trick before cutting her down.

If it really is just heat stress causing the nanners then bend the tops lower and see if this stops the nanners coming out.
You can actually "crush" the stem of the cola, at the height you're after, and then bend it to, say, 90 degree angle; tied to a stick. This way you won't snap the stem when you bend it down heavily.
If the stem is abit too strong so that you can't crush/twist the insides with your fingers, then find something hard and round, maybe a pen/pencil or what eve rand press the stem against that. Like you'd be "super cropping" the plant, you know.

Cannabis plants can take alot of abuse and still keep growing. I have done this a few times and the plants didn't hermie because of this. Perhaps abit stunned for few days, but soon you'll see the tip of the bent cola reaching for the light.

But if the nanner problem is too bad, then it's prolly best to cut her down.
Thanks for the hints. I already did this to get them where they are now. No way I can crush them now, they are as thick as pencils.

Dispite the troubles, this is probably one of my best runs yield wise. I really need to stop fucking around with cabinets and build a 5x5 room in my workshop.

Old 12-13-2017, 08:06 PM #376
40AmpstoFreedom

40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future
Got anywhere you could just go grab a bottle of dutchmasters reverse?

Click here for a link to all of my grows

Old 12-13-2017, 08:44 PM #377
ReikoX
Knight of the BlackSvn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40AmpstoFreedom View Post
Got anywhere you could just go grab a bottle of dutchmasters reverse?
Isn't that just colloidal silver. I can make my own. Why would I want to use this?

Old 12-13-2017, 09:00 PM #378
Miraculous Meds

Miraculous Meds has much to be proud ofMiraculous Meds has much to be proud ofMiraculous Meds has much to be proud ofMiraculous Meds has much to be proud ofMiraculous Meds has much to be proud ofMiraculous Meds has much to be proud ofMiraculous Meds has much to be proud ofMiraculous Meds has much to be proud ofMiraculous Meds has much to be proud ofMiraculous Meds has much to be proud ofMiraculous Meds has much to be proud of
Quote:
Thanks for the hints. I already did this to get them where they are now. No way I can crush them now, they are as thick as pencils.

Dispite the troubles, this is probably one of my best runs yield wise. I really need to stop fucking around with cabinets and build a 5x5 room in my workshop.

I personally like built rooms, but ive been pricing tents for their portability, and ease of install for small breeding, and equipment testing. Id like to go with gorilla, but they are pricey. the other alternative I liked was high rise tents. they come with a bit taller ceiling height than most. the 5x5 sports 86" of height. Which is exactly perfect to fit under my shortest beams in my basement. I gain about 6" vs other tents. They are on sale for about $180. Id like to buy a few, but im building solid rooms at the moment, and am already testing in some other tents.

Im enjoying the ancient skunk grow n share. thanks for taking the time. Ive got some of these on the way and will share when I get them germinated.
peace,
mm
https://hydrobuilder.com/high-rise-5-x-5-grow-tent.html

Old 12-13-2017, 09:56 PM #379
bsgospel

bsgospel is a jewel in the roughbsgospel is a jewel in the roughbsgospel is a jewel in the roughbsgospel is a jewel in the roughbsgospel is a jewel in the roughbsgospel is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Isn't that just colloidal silver. I can make my own. Why would I want to use this?
Ethephon; and this particular brand seems banned in the US now. Had a rep who handles 3 A Light's hydro account and he says they're going through a ridiculous amount every week.

You're right- you wouldn't want colloidal silver if you wanted nanners to stop

Old 12-13-2017, 11:24 PM #380
Miraculous Meds

Miraculous Meds has much to be proud ofMiraculous Meds has much to be proud ofMiraculous Meds has much to be proud ofMiraculous Meds has much to be proud ofMiraculous Meds has much to be proud ofMiraculous Meds has much to be proud ofMiraculous Meds has much to be proud ofMiraculous Meds has much to be proud ofMiraculous Meds has much to be proud ofMiraculous Meds has much to be proud ofMiraculous Meds has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsgospel View Post
Ethephon; and this particular brand seems banned in the US now. Had a rep who handles 3 A Light's hydro account and he says they're going through a ridiculous amount every week.

You're right- you wouldn't want colloidal silver if you wanted nanners to stop

I use ethephon to reverse males for inspection per sam's thread. I use this brand, seems like its everywhere here in the states, and online. Never used it for anything else.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004RZBYC2...a-309536585702

2 members found this post helpful.

Thread Closed