Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Security & Legal Issues > American Community Survey from the U.S. Census Bureau--WTF????

Thread Title Search
American Community Survey from the U.S. Census Bureau--WTF???? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-06-2017, 07:00 PM #11
Lester Beans
Frequent Flyer

Lester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond repute
They came to my house every week all summer demanding I participate in a census that focused on homes built before 1900. Guy BEATING my door at 8am Sunday morning. Oh boy, not smart. He was fast though, dog didn't get him.

The following Sunday bang bang bang again. Really? Ok see how this fucker likes a 12 gauge. Despite the posted, no trespassing signs, beware of dog, etc this guy starts showing me his laptop. Didn't even glance at the shotgun. I explained I work nights please leave. This will take only 45 min he says. Fuck off!!!!

Next Sunday same damn thing. Can't believe the balls on these people.

Long story short I quit answer the door, keep the dog out which backfired. Guy petting dog banging on door. Dog hates everyone. Suddenly this clown is his best friend. Fuck me running.

So I go out there and say what can I do to get you to go away. I filled out the survey, all bs, and the guy happily went on his merry way.

Should have done that first time. Joke was on me. I figure they get paid by everyone they get filled out. Tenacious little bastard. Balls that drag and make Sparks for a small asian man. Lol
Lester Beans is online now Quote

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-06-2017, 07:48 PM #12
toxic hippie

toxic hippie has a brilliant futuretoxic hippie has a brilliant futuretoxic hippie has a brilliant futuretoxic hippie has a brilliant futuretoxic hippie has a brilliant futuretoxic hippie has a brilliant futuretoxic hippie has a brilliant futuretoxic hippie has a brilliant futuretoxic hippie has a brilliant futuretoxic hippie has a brilliant futuretoxic hippie has a brilliant future
More than likely he got paid by the hour...so by coming back multiple times got a fatter paycheck
toxic hippie is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-07-2017, 05:46 PM #13
Lester Beans
Frequent Flyer

Lester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Must have been some damn good pay to ignore the signs, shotgun, and somehow befriend my dog lol. Must have had a pocket full of steaks!
Lester Beans is online now Quote

Old 12-07-2017, 07:46 PM #14
DocTim420
The Doctor is OUT and has moved on...

DocTim420 has disabled reputation
Slim Jims probably.
DocTim420 is offline Quote

Old 12-12-2017, 04:40 AM #15
Harry Gypsna
Dirty hippy Bastard

Location: Outside BodyShop, with a Tin Whistle and a dog on a piece of string
Harry Gypsna has a brilliant futureHarry Gypsna has a brilliant futureHarry Gypsna has a brilliant futureHarry Gypsna has a brilliant futureHarry Gypsna has a brilliant futureHarry Gypsna has a brilliant futureHarry Gypsna has a brilliant futureHarry Gypsna has a brilliant futureHarry Gypsna has a brilliant futureHarry Gypsna has a brilliant futureHarry Gypsna has a brilliant future
Fill in form correctly and accurately >

> Run form through cross cut shredder >

> Soak shreds in water then blend to a pulp with cake mixer >

> Squeeze excess water out of pulp with cheesecloth >

> Roll out to size and shape of original form with image of front of original form pasted to it (Or make crafty paper mache items such as snazzy "don't tread on me" and census form earrings) >

> Send to approprate address with a photographic storyboard of the above procedure enclosed.

Bask in the knowledge that you are a good citizen complying with the letter of the law.

Old 12-12-2017, 07:45 AM #16
Gypsy Nirvana
Free'd P.O.W.

Gypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivor
Its the Deep State trying to get you to voluntarily give them data on your life.

It smacks or Orwellian (1984) intrusion into your privacy, trying to gather data that may well be used against you and the family in the future.....BIN and BURN it!

*check my new thread out: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....19#post8137819

Old 03-05-2018, 08:06 PM #17
LadyBeez

LadyBeez is on a distinguished road
What is so disturbing about your attitudes is the lack of understanding of how funding is allocated & how states & counties get their money-Do you like the roads being paved? Have you ever had to call the police, fire dept. or an ambulance? Do you have children in public schools? Do you have a lighted streets, public libraries & public transportation? Is your rent or mortgage to high, do you have a slum lord in your area? These are issues that are important to most people & how do you think they find out if a community needs more schools, hospitals, fire depts? How does $$ get to those places that need new roads, libraries, police stations or retirement facilities? By data-who collects the most data in the country? The Census Bureau. They are where you go to for statistics about everything! Prison populations,poverty level, job growth, income, mental health,rent control,immigrants etc. Do you think any successful "business" can succeed without doing an inventory? Dont you need to know how many employees you have, how much they are paid, how many hours they work, if they are healthy or sick , days missed, job performance, profit margin, moral, supplies, overhead, compliance w/ OSHA,etc. You people are idiots to think the Govt gives 2 S*!$ about YOU-its just numbers & you people are so self absorbed-Ed Snowden told everyone already that we are screwed-At least with accurate data we know how badly screwed we are!
LadyBeez is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-27-2018, 07:59 AM #18
stewart169
IC Mag Supporter

stewart169 is just really nicestewart169 is just really nicestewart169 is just really nicestewart169 is just really nicestewart169 is just really nicestewart169 is just really nicestewart169 is just really nicestewart169 is just really nicestewart169 is just really nicestewart169 is just really nicestewart169 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBeez View Post
What is so disturbing about your attitudes is the lack of understanding of how funding is allocated & how states & counties get their money-Do you like the roads being paved? Have you ever had to call the police, fire dept. or an ambulance? Do you have children in public schools? Do you have a lighted streets, public libraries & public transportation? Is your rent or mortgage to high, do you have a slum lord in your area? These are issues that are important to most people & how do you think they find out if a community needs more schools, hospitals, fire depts? How does $$ get to those places that need new roads, libraries, police stations or retirement facilities? By data-who collects the most data in the country? The Census Bureau. They are where you go to for statistics about everything! Prison populations,poverty level, job growth, income, mental health,rent control,immigrants etc. Do you think any successful "business" can succeed without doing an inventory? Dont you need to know how many employees you have, how much they are paid, how many hours they work, if they are healthy or sick , days missed, job performance, profit margin, moral, supplies, overhead, compliance w/ OSHA,etc. You people are idiots to think the Govt gives 2 S*!$ about YOU-its just numbers & you people are so self absorbed-Ed Snowden told everyone already that we are screwed-At least with accurate data we know how badly screwed we are!
Keep telling yourself whatever you want snowflake.

Old 03-27-2018, 06:06 PM #19
armedoldhippy

armedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivor
they added a question to the form, late last night. now, the very last question asks "are you a legal citizen?" it is a back door attempt to frighten folks in urban areas into not answering, hoping to lower big cities representation in Congress. the constitution calls for "enumeration" IE- "how many people live there?" not "how many people are registered to vote for us". California (among others) announced IMMEDIATELY that they would sue to stop it. even experienced Census employees say it is not permissible to ask this. the GOP only wants registered Republicans to be able to vote. you are either with them, or you are an enemy of the "state" in their minds...

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-27-2018, 06:08 PM #20
stewart169
IC Mag Supporter

stewart169 is just really nicestewart169 is just really nicestewart169 is just really nicestewart169 is just really nicestewart169 is just really nicestewart169 is just really nicestewart169 is just really nicestewart169 is just really nicestewart169 is just really nicestewart169 is just really nicestewart169 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by armedoldhippy View Post
they added a question to the form, late last night. now, the very last question asks "are you a legal citizen?" it is a back door attempt to frighten folks in urban areas into not answering, hoping to lower big cities representation in Congress. the constitution calls for "enumeration" IE- "how many people live there?" not "how many people are registered to vote for us". California (among others) announced IMMEDIATELY that they would sue to stop it. even experienced Census employees say it is not permissible to ask this. the GOP only wants registered Republicans to be able to vote. you are either with them, or you are an enemy of the "state" in their minds...
I only want LEGAL US CITIZENS, that are alive, to vote. Is that so wrong?