What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Maple Leaf Indica - Sensi Seeds

OleReynard

Some fan leaf pics of a Maple leaf that the boys brought back for me

Attachments

• 20231023_135314.jpg
    20231023_135314.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 46
  • 20231023_135039.jpg
    20231023_135039.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 44

Hopefull Stoner

Glad I peeped this thread. All these years and I didn’t realize this tasted sweet.
Have some old Sensei seeds mli in the vault and pure Ortega as well.
Please let me grow these out.

Hopefull Stoner

I did a repro of Maple Leaf Indica about a year ago, seeds are from 2010. All plants were quite similar so far, fat fingers and fat leafs, harvested in week 9 after flip to 12/12. The fingers of the first pairs of leaves are often slightly fused together at the leaf vein. No couchlock or narcotic effect, more of a happy relaxed mood with a calming body effect. Smell and taste are a little sweet with citrus flavors, hardly any earthiness that I know from other Afghanis. A good relaxing daytime smoke.

A friend of mine had grown a recent batch of MLI a few months ago, these plants looked more like a hybrid type than any of my phenos and took a good week longer to finish. The smell was rather dark and lemony. I've heard from other growers that the MLI batches since 2012/2013 no longer correspond to the plants of earlier ones. Can't say anything about the effect as I haven't vaped it.
Thx that’s info is intriguing and keeping me hopeful. The mpi I have were posted online in 2013. so, must have been made sometime before that and could be their old version 😱 11 dark beans 1 a little small and light

CharlesU Farley

For those history buffs interested in Maple Leaf Indica, here's Nevil's viewpoint on it from another forum:

Nevil
Breeder
Sep 2, 2010
Add bookmark
The Maple Leaf came from a guy known to me as Jim Ortega. We traded seeds for a while. Not only did he supply me with Maple Leaf, but also Garlic Bud and Kush 4. The cannabis smoking world owes him a lot.

The Maple Leaf line provided me with a plant that I labeled Afghan T. This plant is the mother of Super/Ultra Skunk and also crossed well with HzC.

Kush 4, I crossed with NL2(which had the same Kush smell) and this Kush Hybrid is the foundation of todays Kush lines.

Garlic bud has also made it's presence felt and is part of todays super yielders.

Let me say one more thing about ML AfgT. This plant had exactly the same smell as Sams best SK1 but more so. It is the true Skunk archetype. I do not believe for one N.Y. minute that Afghani#1 is behind the SK1, which IMO gives credence to the Mendecino Joe story about SK1.

The world owes you a big Thank You Jim!
Let me be the first to say that I appreciate the work that you have done.
N.

LostTribe

Premium user
For those history buffs interested in Maple Leaf Indica, here's Nevil's viewpoint on it from another forum:

Nevil
Breeder
Sep 2, 2010
Add bookmark
The Maple Leaf came from a guy known to me as Jim Ortega. We traded seeds for a while. Not only did he supply me with Maple Leaf, but also Garlic Bud and Kush 4. The cannabis smoking world owes him a lot.

The Maple Leaf line provided me with a plant that I labeled Afghan T. This plant is the mother of Super/Ultra Skunk and also crossed well with HzC.

Kush 4, I crossed with NL2(which had the same Kush smell) and this Kush Hybrid is the foundation of todays Kush lines.

Garlic bud has also made it's presence felt and is part of todays super yielders.

Let me say one more thing about ML AfgT. This plant had exactly the same smell as Sams best SK1 but more so. It is the true Skunk archetype. I do not believe for one N.Y. minute that Afghani#1 is behind the SK1, which IMO gives credence to the Mendecino Joe story about SK1.

The world owes you a big Thank You Jim!
Let me be the first to say that I appreciate the work that you have done.
N.
Afg S and Ortega are also of Maple Leaf Mix stock. Not to be confused with the MLI seeds. MLI is a mix of AfgT x AfgS Skunk #1. Well seems Nevil's posts are not on the site any longer? Hmmm....that would be a great loss.