What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Using mirrors?

G

Hello,

Is it O.K. to use mirrors in your grow space in place of mylar? Or do mirrors create hot spots?

I would not think that there would be any problems but I do not know for sure, then again I guess thats why I am posting this question.:p

Thanks for any help.

Peace

G

far as i know, mirrors actually eat light, so... mirrors are bad. white paint, or mylar work the best.

THC

nope

nope

dont use mirrors.... they absorb light...no reflection..use mylar,white paint,or go to walmart and get those space blankets...they have worked for me.

G

Thanks

Thanks

Hello,

Thanks for the quick answers. I had no idea that mirrors actually absorbed light.

I have the walls painted with a matte finish white already. I just have a bunch of old mirrors for some reason and thought I would put them to use if they worked properly.

Thanks

Peace

A mirror is a piece of glass with a reflective backing. Light passes through the glass twice before it reaches your plants thus losing intensity. Flat white paint or Mylar is the way to go. Semi or Gloss or Hi-Sheen paints act similar to a mirror. The laquer takes the place of the glass in the equation. You want light from the lamp to hit leaves or second to reflect directly from a wall or fixture to the leaves. Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Latest posts