What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Whats the best grow log app?

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
I've been using MY GROW. So far it's the best I've seen. However, it could use a lot of improvements.
I have tried to contact the programmer to no avail.

Things I love:
The search function- when u have many plants in many rooms indoor and outdoor, the search function is helpful.
You can log photos of each plant along the way.
There is a feature ( that I don't use) that uses an algorithm to log the size of the plant you are photographing

Lists of all your strains with attributes

It has a create room function that is great for me because I run separate chambers. Rooms can be indoor or outdoor, and labeled as: germination, clone, veg, flowering, reveg, mother's, dry, cure, and file. The file room is for storing all your old plants for reference.

Being able to log everything (mostly) includes irrigation, hydroponics res tank update, fertilization- you can enter a feed plan or log products one at a time, foliar feed, insecticide, pruning, preventative products, soil amendment, flush, transplanting, and notebook.
Pictures

a sun and moon chart for your latitude for outdoor plots.

Things I hate:
Not being able to enter different latitudes for different rooms. Some of my outdoor plots are long ways away.
The weather function doesn't work, and u can't enter it manually.
The export files to another device doesn't work for me. This means when the device dies, so does all your information.
it allows you to move plants from one "room" to another, but does not record the date you moved the plant.

There's a few glitches where some buttons don't work.

it allows you to record what product you applied, when it was applied, and has choices of amounts. Ex- grams per liter, teaspoons per gal. You must select a measurement then enter the amount. Sometimes you an amount is hard to quantify like when dipping a cutting into Clonex.

I would like to enter the harvest weight at different phases. after the chop, after dry, cure. You can only enter a weight when it had reached the "taste" phase.
Needs Better logging of environment- temps, and humidity and such.

All in all, this programmer did a hell of a job, far better than others I have tried. It just needs to be better.

Anybody have a better grow app?

Last edited:

Ukfella101

I use growdiaries . It is great for keeping traxk with photo posting nutes used and pull downs for their products along with same for breeders and strains. Keeps a lot of data for you too for environment , plant height etc.has very good network of ither growers and seems the companies look at the grows using their products and can often iffer freebies ( i got £250.00 worth of barneys farm cup winners seeds from a barneys rep on growdiaries for my next grow.)
Best one i have found so far. Tried a coupke of others ( groots- loses photos constantly so no photo updates )