What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Starting seeds late outdoor worth a try?

The five bagseed

Attachments

• 15308470295721192643248.jpg
    15308470295721192643248.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 26

djimb

Veteran
I just started a bunch of seed outdoors myself. At this point, It's basically like doing 12/12 from seed indoors.

Most hybrids will start flowering in mid to late July outdoors, and will finish in October.

The closer you get to a pure equatorial sativa, the later it'll start to flower and the longer it'll take.

Ultimately, the advantages of starting seed earlier in the season are that your plants will get bigger and thus yield more, and they'll be more likely to reach sexual maturity before flowering is triggered, which allows you to cull any plants with undesirable structure or males if you're not interested in making seed.

Are these going into a guerrilla plot or a back yard?

Keep us posted!

therevverend

Veteran
Sun intensity is really nice right now. So they'll get bigger and grow faster then they would under indoor lighting.
I'd expect them to veg for 4-6 weeks then begin flowering. Finish mid October.
One year as an experiment I started Malawi and Black Viet x Thai in July. Longer flowering strains. Left them outdoors until the weather got bad, mid October. Then moved them inside under HIDs.
Finished during the holidays, Christmas to New Years. They grew to the perfect size for indoor plants. It worked really well I'd do it again.

THC delta 9

Sun intensity is really nice right now. So they'll get bigger and grow faster then they would under indoor lighting.
I'd expect them to veg for 4-6 weeks then begin flowering. Finish mid October.
One year as an experiment I started Malawi and Black Viet x Thai in July. Longer flowering strains. Left them outdoors until the weather got bad, mid October. Then moved them inside under HIDs.
Finished during the holidays, Christmas to New Years. They grew to the perfect size for indoor plants. It worked really well I'd do it again.

Interesting tread..which parallel do you live?