What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Blood and Bones of the Fallen Grow Flowers

justiceman

Veteran
Whats up fellow farmers! I hope everyone is enjoying themselves. :dance013:

These girls are starting to show some true beauty now. One of my favorite stages is when they exit the baby period and start to enter the real vegetation period. I think it's been about 3 weeks since I popped the seeds and they are really starting to vibe with LC's mix #2. A solid soil mix as always.

Just been using plain tap water no pH adjustment. Currently my tap comes in at 320ppm or about 0.7EC and a pH of 7.5. You might wonder why I keep stating this. I see a lot of people trying to chase and adjust their water pH when using soil with organic fertilizers. With diverse and strong soil biology checking the pH can be left in the hydroponic world.

Outlaw
picture.php

Blueberry Bubblegum #2
picture.php

Afgooey
picture.php

Farm Cheese
picture.php

LungCooking

Just been using plain tap water no pH adjustment. Currently my tap comes in at 320ppm or about 0.7EC and a pH of 7.5. You might wonder why I keep stating this. I see a lot of people trying to chase and adjust their water pH when using soil with organic fertilizers. With diverse and strong soil biology checking the pH can be left in the hydroponic world.

Hey your babies look amazing man! :bow:

Yea i agree, im more worried of my soil ph than the water i use to water the plants.. Of course i only use Rain water :biggrin: I like to go 101% organic

These 2 month yold plants are in soil with organic amendments and first week of showing flowering signs!

So far only fed them aerated compost tea, never had to ph test the compost tea water before using it

justiceman

Veteran
Hey your babies look amazing man! :bow:

Yea i agree, im more worried of my soil ph than the water i use to water the plants.. Of course i only use Rain water :biggrin: I like to go 101% organic

These 2 month yold plants are in soil with organic amendments and first week of showing flowering signs!

View Image

View Image

So far only fed them aerated compost tea, never had to ph test the compost tea water before using it
Much appreciated. I can't wait till they are bigger.:huggg:

Yup you know what's going on. Medium pH is the important part, and it won't easily be changed with just adding some water with a higher or lower pH measurement.

That is awesome that you use rain water. Great resource to utilize. I can't see the pictures you posted for some reason? Maybe try again.

justiceman

Veteran
my bad, they were set as private, now should be good

Ah ok I see them now. Those ladies are looking good!

------------------------------------------------------------

These little ones are just about ready to brave the outside world. It's been very windy so I'm waiting for their strength to increase just a bit more. They are all moving along well, but at this point the Farm Cheese is crushing it past the others. It's much taller, the stock is thicker and the fan leaves are wider. She's fast. Very interesting.

Outlaw
picture.php

Blueberry Gum #2
picture.php

Afgooey
picture.php

Farm Cheese
picture.php

Family
picture.php

justiceman

Veteran
I hope everyone is enjoying the summer days. I love the warmth. Possibly today or in the next few days I will either transplant up to 1 gal or just put them straight in the raised bed outside. I have a couple reasons why I may do the 1gals first.

1. Establish a stronger root system
  2. Give the bed more time to compost and stabilize
  3. Mobility in case of strong winds while they are small
I forgot how strong FFOF is. Even diluted with EWC and perlite this stuff is going the distance. Just plain tap water as always. I believe it's been about 4 weeks from germination.

Outlaw
picture.php

Blueberry Gum #2
picture.php

Afgooey
picture.php

Farm Cheese
picture.php

The size difference between Farm Cheese and the rest LOL
picture.php

jonnyfli

glad I came across this thread and now I'm here I hope you don't mind me joining the growshow justiceman and I'm loving the summer weather hot and toasty if you know what I mean :)

justiceman

Veteran
I wanted to put them to bed yesterday or today but tomorrow will be about 100F so I figured I'd wait till Sunday when it goes back down into the high 80s. My school of thought is the young plants won't be stressing for water as much right after the transplant in the 80's vs the 100's

So instead I mixed my beds around again today. They are smelling nice and earthy. I believe the reconditioning has gone well, but we will see once the plants are in. I should have already brewed a compost tea for the beds but regardless I think decomposition is going well. I'll definitely brew some up soon though. Here are the ladies sunbathing getting used to the outside.

Outlaw
picture.php

Blueberry Gum #2
picture.php

Farm Cheese(This one is starting to get root bound and angry that I have left her in such a small pot for so long. Soon she will spread her roots!)
picture.php

Afgooey
picture.php

justiceman

Veteran
super healthy justiceman the outlaw looks very fresh fit as a lop
Thank you for the props!

--------------------------------------------------------

So last night I put them to bed with a lantern to light my path. This morning I took a few pictures and now things are going to get interesting

The 4x8 has Farm Cheese on the left and Outlaw on the right

The 2x8 has Afgooey on the left and Blueberry Bubblegum #2 on the right

Afgooey
picture.php

Blueberry Bubblegum #2
picture.php

Farm Cheese
picture.php

Outlaw
picture.php

Family
picture.php

LungCooking

:headbange

Your plants look awesome man! very indica look, whats the rh there?

Check this out, my liberty haze x paraguayan on second week of flowering, only compost tea

picture.php

justiceman

Veteran
:headbange

Your plants look awesome man! very indica look, whats the rh there?

Check this out, my liberty haze x paraguayan on second week of flowering, only compost tea

View Image

Much appreciated! They sure are looking that way so far. Afgooey is showing its indica the most. I believe everything except for the Outlaw is indica dominant. I can't wait to see there genetic expression when they are more mature. Very excited.

During the day humidity gets no lower than 40% for the most part. I believe during the night it goes up at least 20% maybe a bit more, but comes down pretty fast when the sun starts burning everything off.

Got some nice flowers starting I see :biggrin:. Compost teas are no joke. I know I keep saying it but I really need to get around to brewing one up for girls here soon. I'm sure they would appreciate it.

justiceman

Veteran
That outlaw looks like it has great potential.

I'm really liking its structure and it was also the fastest of the 4 to develop quality side branches.

--------------------------------------------------

What’s up everyone! :tiphat:

The plants are definitely spreading some roots and gearing up for a quality veg period. II wasn't sure how well my amendment of the beds went, but so far it's looking pretty good.

Farm Cheese
picture.php

Outlaw
I noticed one leaf on this baby had been munched on a little bit by leaf miners. I will continue to monitor it. If needed I'll spray everything with a mix of good old neem oil and dawn soap.
picture.php

Afgooey
If you look at the bottom left of the picture you can see a bit of tip burn. No worries here it's not very bad. I'm attributing that to either the soil mix being packed full of nutrition in general, or the roots may have hit a small pocket of bone and blood that I did not mix well enough.
picture.php

Blueberry Bubblegum #2
picture.php

Looking killer man. Great job. I just threw some clones outside for the first time ever and am enjoying it. Keep up the good work

justiceman

Veteran
healthy and happy :D
They are! I am so glad. It's been pretty windy and I wasn't sure how much it would affect them at this stage. Seems they don't mind at all. :dance013:

Looking killer man. Great job. I just threw some clones outside for the first time ever and am enjoying it. Keep up the good work
Right on and thank you! I hope you have tons of fun this season. Growing outside is a beautiful thing and it's always amazing to witness the power of the sun.

Latest posts

Latest posts