What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Home tent grow

insomniac_AU

Thanks mate I appreciate it. I only grow a small amount for myself so I try and do the best job I can. This is a never ending learning curve as far as I'm concerned. I've been growing a long time but there's so much I don't know.

insomniac_AU

In my opinion it won't be nearly enough light. My veg area is 95cm x 55cm and I have an 80W and a 150W in there. They are the full size CFL bulbs that have the same screw base as HPS lamps. You'll probably have to get them from a grow shop not a hardware store. Also proper shades help reflect all the light onto the plants so less is lost.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Gotcha.

The cabinet I have in mind for veg is .5M deep x 1.0M wide and 2M high. It's a vented cabinet I made years ago to dry out ice hockey goalie equipment between uses. I figured the top half a drying cabinet and the lower for vegging.

Bad/good idea? If I can make this work I have more room for flowering.

insomniac_AU

Gotcha.

The cabinet I have in mind for veg is .5M deep x 1.0M wide and 2M high. It's a vented cabinet I made years ago to dry out ice hockey goalie equipment between uses. I figured the top half a drying cabinet and the lower for vegging.

Bad/good idea? If I can make this work I have more room for flowering.

Sounds like it would be perfect. That's about the same area I have. I wouldn't dry in there myself. I use a collapsible drying rack that hangs from the ceiling which I put away when I don't need it. I just think it might be a bit hot and humid in there. In my experience drying your weed quickly is never a good thing.
Regarding the off the shelf bulbs, it's up to you but I wouldn't waste my time. You'll need a heap of them to get anywhere near the same amount of light which requires a lot of sockets and wiring. I don't see the point myself when there are bulbs available that do the job perfectly.
Here are a few pics from tonight, day 23 of flower. The Mixed Mutts is getting out of control it's going to be huge by the time I put it in. I'm going to have to cut it back a few times I think. :tiphat:
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

MrBungle

I see a yellow leaf hiding under a pile of green ones.. whats going on here?!?! hehehe

I'm just teasing to offset all the compliments you are about to get on your beauty garden!

Keep up the good work!

insomniac_AU

I see a yellow leaf hiding under a pile of green ones.. whats going on here?!?! hehehe

I'm just teasing to offset all the compliments you are about to get on your beauty garden!

Keep up the good work!

One of the main problems i have running multiple strains in this setup is they share a common nutrient supply. The JG doesn't like to be overfed and the BR likes more so unfortunately the BR has to starve a bit so the JG doesn't get nute burn. It doesn't seem to affect her though.

Good lord you have that dialed in. Beautiful site.
laughing.gif
Those buds look killer.
good.gif
Thanks guys. :) I have hardly paid any attention this cycle I've been so busy. Only problem I've had is a fan died in my veg chamber and I didn't notice for a few days so the plants were a bit affected. they should pull through though just be smaller than usual. :tiphat:

MrBungle

I was actually just joking bud, I think your garden looks great!!!

I run into similar problems running multiple strains with 1 nutrient supply!! Just my problems are often way more pronounced than what you have going on!

Honestly though, I admire your plant canopy too.. My room looks like a city skyline with Sativas towering upwards, and bushy fat Indicas sprawling outwards...lol:bongsmi:

insomniac_AU

Thanks for the kind words everyone. :)
Here's a photo of the roots in the veg chamber. The Mixed Mutts is way bigger than the others. I ran into some problems caused by a no name Chinese CFL I was trying. It seems to have stunted growth which cost me weeks. I have a Phillips back in there now and things seem to be going back to normal. I'm looking forward to flowering the Mixed Mutts it will be my first go at it. I don't even know if it's female yet but I have a feeling it is by looking at it. Have a good week everyone! :tiphat:
picture.php
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts