What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hope in Tennessee?

armedoldhippy

Veteran
small steps, folks, small steps...
a medical cannabis bill has advanced out of committee by a 4-3 vote, carried forward by the tie-breaking vote of TN House Speaker Beth Harwell (R). not surprisingly, the tie was produced by all 3 Democrats voting for it, & all 3 Republicans voting it down. it was sponsored by a pair of Republicans: State Senator Steve Dickerson of Nashville & Rep. Jeremy Faison of Cosby. Nashville recently tried to decriminalize cannabis along with Memphis, but was forced to drop the issue by the state. Cosby, not being a hotspot of big-city values, nevertheless is a hotspot of common sense in my end of the state. kudoes to the legislators involved, & my hat is off to Ms. Harwell for defying "conventional wisdom" & voting to help the citizens of the state.:dance013: a journey of a thousand miles begins with but a single step...:tiphat:

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would move there in a heart beat what a beautiful state. I have driven through many and it is by far the prettiest I have seen yet that doesn't have extreme weather that isn't worth going through to have 4 month or so of decent weather. Wish you guys luck.

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
I believe

I believe

The speaker has a good testimonial of her sister's experience with medical cannabis and it's a story that all the old folks need to hear. She was considering a run for governor, hopefully she will still give it a go. http://tennesseestar.com/2018/01/07/beth-harwell-maybe-medical-marijuana-is-a-gift-from-god/

St. Phatty

People talk about how great the pot is in Calif, Oregon, & Washington but I know a lot of states have people growing The Kind. Tennessee included.

Farm Hero

beware of medical legalization if it contains more than one page of rules. don't get fooled like every other state

armedoldhippy

Veteran
i feel the need to apologize to one of those on the committee. i inadvertantly misrepresented Rep. Tilman Goins (R-Morristown) by saying all that voted for this proposal were Democrats except for Ms. Harwell. i would like to thank Rep. Goins for using his brain & listening to science instead of Big Pharma & the National GOP "drug warriors" that want to keep their boots on our necks for profit :tiphat:.

People talk about how great the pot is in Calif, Oregon, & Washington but I know a lot of states have people growing The Kind. Tennessee included.

"TN man says quality of Colorado Springs weed is an absolute fraud"
https://csindy.com/IndyBlog/archives/2014/07/17/tennessee-man-says-quality-of-colorado-springs-weed-is-an-absolute-fraud

"Both my wife and I, we're old: I'll be 64 next month. I've seen and I've done it all, OK?" he says. "I've had really, really good stuff before, OK, and it's really easy to tell when something isn't even in the ballpark, you know what I mean? It's not even in the ballpark. It's obvious."

Last edited:

St. Phatty

https://csindy.com/IndyBlog/archives/2014/07/17/tennessee-man-says-quality-of-colorado-springs-weed-is-an-absolute-fraud

"Both my wife and I, we're old: I'll be 64 next month. I've seen and I've done it all, OK?" he says. "I've had really, really good stuff before, OK, and it's really easy to tell when something isn't even in the ballpark, you know what I mean? It's not even in the ballpark. It's obvious."

Just like Oregon rec. - Cannabis sold by Shylocks, to be avoided.

Finishing up my winter grow now, so I'll have fresh Cannabis in September.

There's a side benefit to the winter grow, especially for people with electric heat - it doesn't increase your electric bill at all.

Just like Oregon rec. - Cannabis sold by Shylocks, to be avoided.

Finishing up my winter grow now, so I'll have fresh Cannabis in September.

There's a side benefit to the winter grow, especially for people with electric heat - it doesn't increase your electric bill at all.

I've been in a temporary living situation for 4 months. It's bad having to smoke weed someone grew strictly for profit. Wish I kept every ounce I sold before moving.

I'll be ready to fire up just in time for the heat. Great timing! :woohoo:

Try telling that to anyone in Colorado , especially the industry. They look at you like you are claiming their god doesn't exist, "but but but (insert hipster online magazine list) says we have the best weed in state". Old bo knows what's up, they're probably used to sun grown, amended soil weed from the hills. Good luck TN my family down there is always trying to get me to come home, I tell them you never know ;)

armedoldhippy

Veteran
sponsor of the legislation pulled it yesterday, thus killing it for this year. yes, we DID want it. was it perfect? fuck no. was it better than what we have? fuck yes. now we still have NOTHING but jail time... only a hydrocephalic moron lets perfect kill off good. you will never get perfect. you have got to start somewhere. you do NOT get to start at the finish line...

Latest posts

Latest posts