What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ph-Patrol Organic Bang up job III(⊙.⊙(☉_☉)⊙.⊙) Bodhi Testers~Fat Cherry~Tk kush~OGKB

Ph-patrol

Veteran
Female PreFlower Identification

I Just wanted to Show an example of female Preflower to help identify....I tried to only lite up the Calyx and the single Pistil.
I think knowing the shape and the seamlessness of the Calyx helps me in Identifying at around the 7 to 9 node and 4 to 6 weeks in to veg

picture.php

Added This the exact loop I use to identify plants and to examine plants closely....This loop is as tough as nails and has excelent optical value...Around 30 bucks$$$

BelOMO 10X Triplet Magnifying Loupe https://www.amazon.com/BelOMO-Triplet-Loupe-Folding-Magnifier/dp/B00EXPWU8S
10x-Triplet-Loupe-Magnifier-BelOMO-04.gif

I have had mine for about 15 years...Excellent tool!

Ph-patrol

Veteran
Sprouting some cool looking leaves there PH, this should be interesting!
Hey I'm kind of moving plants around sneaking a peek here and there....will start to look closer as I thin down the herd.
welcome aboard Shaggy and Thanks

Subbed, excited for another round of awesome documentation! Much love ph hope youre doing well, thanks for showcasing these different Bodhi packs love the info and attention to detail :tiphat:
Thank You for the vote of confidence Zilo....Going into this next round of testers.A thank you Bodhi too for providing the talent.:biggrin:

looking good :lurk:
My Man Miloxxx...:biggrin:

Besties for life:)

nickman

Veteran
I always love watching your threads PH.. always great pics and great attention to detail...

I really like how u did that female pre flowerpic

Ph-patrol

Veteran
I always love watching your threads PH.. always great pics and great attention to detail...

I really like how u did that female pre flowerpic

Thanks for signing in Nickman and for keeping an eye on me.:)

The picture was an accumulation of trial and error...I took at least 10 others shots that were not like that....I did it for the benefit of new growers not the experienced guys like yourself.

So I put my camera on a tripod for 2 reasons one was to free my hands up and second was to hold camera steady!!!

The other thing was I had a true Macro lens on my camera.....This lens is a old vintage lens that I bought privately for around 30 dollars and its about 40 years old.If you are looking for a True Macro lens it needs to be a 1to1 macro Lens..I Have made my own macro lens and it worked pretty good.

The last thing I did to get that particular shot was cast a flashlight from over my head and look at the screen of my camera looking at the subject until I could see the light casting on the subject only!

Then I clicked the camera which was on a 10 second timer so it did not shake during the photo.

I am extremely feeble when it comes to macro photography and I need to learn a lot more and spend more time doing it.A good modern lens goes for around 1000 dollars but I dont think thats the answer to my problems.

This is the set up Professor P uses I'm guesing he has about 4 grand into his setup https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=290173&highlight=canon
Canon 6D, Mp-e 65mm lens, MT-24 EX twin flash, 2x Extender (for some shots), novoflex Q cross rail, Manfrotto Jr. gear head, Smith Victor light tent & 3 (3) continuous florescent lights (can't remember my tripod off the top of my head)

He is a very experienced breeder and Macro photographer

ph

Ph-patrol

Veteran
Just mixed up some soil in the garage and hoofed it up stairs....Just ran out of worm casting and came in on fumes with the lobster compost....Think I'm going to have to chop some males and steal their soil.
Getting out the loop to get a final call on some of these dudes.I usually wait and put them into darkness until they form balls and then chop....I have no non tester males so all the boys are going to be snip snip.
Anything that I'm not a million percent sure of I will keep until Im sure.

Mrs Ph was being too rough with the babies so i tossed her off the project...She will be back.Haha...It's just too much fun:biggrin:

Oh by the way I got writing about Macro photography and it inspired me to build a light box for my lens....it works pretty good too.
The problem i was having was the lens is so long and the subject is so small that the lens totally eclipses the flash from the subject.
Any how if you look up macro flashes you can see they are located right at the end of the lens and photographers have some crazy home made rigs with flashes and duct tape to pull it off....you need a shit load of light because the lens is set at f22 witch is like a pin hole....Sorry for that...it just comes out like vomit:puke:

Just working to show every aspect of the grow!

ph

Ph-patrol

Veteran
Mrs Ph is the true Mastermind I'm just her Puppet on a string:biggrin:...Plus I said yes to chinese food so she loves me again:dance013:
If she does not stop pimp handling my ladies :weakestli

Ph-patrol

Veteran
So I cut all the males and up potted all the females yesterday with the excetion of the OGKB by Orgasnatron #4 &#6.

The #4 is just very under developed and show little to no signs of pre flower activity even though its on node 8.

The #6 is showing plenty of development it just is throwing me a different look in preflower and no hairs when it should be showing hairs...feeling stuck in the moment.
The #6 is checking off a lot of boxes for me for being a potential keeper with its rugged tight structure with a nose full to match its physique.

I'm really feeling the need to flip to 12/12 too...these plants are to large for my liking and will be trouble if they have any kind of aggressive stretch.

We will see

Ph-patrol

Veteran
So I built this thing...Well I'm calling it a flash extension light diffuser for my macro lens.At first I thought I was foolish making it and when it was finished I realized I could never buy one.So yeah

Test shot
picture.php

I had to take it apart after the first test and cover the interior cavity with foil tape because it was throwing yellow off from the manilla folder it was built from.
I used some of my drafting paper as the diffusing material...this can be changed out easily.

Ph-patrol

Veteran
I here some growers speaking of Humic and Fulvic acids and I have done some reading about Humic acid over the years but the information and the benefits of it all seemed to be fragmented.
Every time I find an article it would focus on one area of benefits and some of the science behind that benefit.
The problem is that it has so many benefits it's hard to cover all of them...It's truly a trifecta of benefits.The three categories are PHYSICAL,CHEMICAL AND BIOLOGICAL..
They say ecological and economical but that a little of course for what we are working on but still true.
I have added humic acid to this grow and I'm seeing extrem grow rates so far...it could be a lot of thing that are going right for me but I thought I would add this video to share with the group. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_K-spx8uzE
I think this video succinctly describes the multi benefits to plants and soil.

ph

Ph-patrol

Veteran
Some parts of the grow are considered magic like buds and leaves turning purple red and yellow.They are still considered Environmentally and Genetically driven but why is kinda interesting.:)

NP kindustries
Some plants will turn red and purple as anthocyanins are produced using excess sugars in the leaves and spreading through cell fluids. The pH of the cell fluid determines the color variation, with an acidic fluid producing reddish hues, and an alkaline fluid producing blues. Cellular pH being genetically regulated, each strain has its own unique combination of chlorophyll and carotenoids and potential for anthocyanins production, giving a great splash of color to a diversified grow as nights grow longer and temperature cools. Many strain’s color range is limited exclusively to greens and yellows through the life cycle.

Ph-patrol

Veteran
Tester News

Tester News

Triangle Kush x Orgasmatron
Test Cancelled do to all male grow

I have this to say my very early thoughts about the Orgasmatron crosses is that I have a strong feeling this line will be a hit with outdoor grow next season...I will call it an early premonition.
I spent some time fawning over the tk x O cross before culling and They were both rugged and dank.Just flat out strong growers with no sign of that Og spindly lankiness to them.I truely hope Bodhi handed them off to another tester who did better than myself.

I Paused on saying anything public until I let B know. I apologize if there is any disappointment But that is just the way it goes.:)

I will edit plant pics on the first page for male and female once I feel more settled with the remaining testers.

ph

Ph-patrol

Veteran
i'd say it works ^^^

Yeah It worked Star~:)
It will give me a lot of assistance and ease of use in the future for this one lens.I have not messed around with it more because I seem to have a water pump epidemic on my hands!!

My mom lost her submersible well pump about a week ago and I had to take down some chain link and cut trees and brush just to get to the well head.
Pulled it up....the thing was like 80 ft down there and it had lasted under water for 30 years.This situation was affecting my uppotting because Mom needed her h20 and a place to sleep until her pump came in and installed.
Water back on and Mom is a happy camper...Now waiting for a new switch that failed on my Zoeller sump pump.

Good Times:)

Ph-patrol

Veteran
So the last 2 ogkb x O were up potted and are in darkness.The #4 is starting to show but way to early for positive Identification its in primordial stage.If I had to guess I would say its a Girl.Its just too early for me to be positive!
Now the #6 that I was scouring repeatedly with my loop showed a beautiful single white hair creeping out of the newest top growth.The calyx it self was unviewable and buried behind out of place forming foliage on the tippity top of the plant.
I was so happy to see it:)
Its funny how you can have a plant with multiple kalyx and the newest node growing grows a kalyx and it throws a hair.
I saw this happen on my #4 Blueberry by Apollo 11.
Well it was a good feeling to see and identify the #6.I think she is going to be a stand out!
I will take them out of darkness tomorrow and set my timer for 12/12 or 11/13 not sure still thinking about that.
Last but not least I will change out cool tube bulb...then smooth sailing from there.

gallery_338_1876_100477-e1487771758167.jpg

ph

Ph-patrol

Veteran
Ok the plants are out of darkness and the last OGKB x O has proven her femininity so the #4 is a girl.I was hoping dropping them into darkness would get a quick message to the bunch that its flowing time.It worked:)
I reset my light timer which is a bitch to do because of its location and I will sync it up with my phone alarm as soon as I'm around to witness the on and off....I run my fans independent of my timer...fans run 24/7 during most of veg and all of flower.

swapped out light bulb too...which is a given and jumped the wattage up to the full 600 watts....Im by passing the charcoal filter at this stage.The outlet to the filter is like 20 feet off ground level so I launch all the tent waste higher in the air!

Last but not least I found one leaf on that #4 that had a chomp out of it...Im not sure if this was damage sustained by the door zipper or my mishandling but my eyes are wide opened to it.

Beyond that The plants look smoking Hot....There are 9 female plants all together 4 FC x OMG and 3 OGKB x O and 2 fem cheat plants.

I raised the light higher than normal to acclimate and to give me time to pull plants and rearrange into a more strategic and suitable order based upon their heights.

By the way my dog obviously wants to say hi...he has had his mug on my keyboard since I started writing:biggrin:

peace
ph