What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Clones

billk6969

I have read that you can revert a clone directly into flowering as soon as you have roots. This would save you about 3 months of Vegitative growth.

Keep smokin,

B

SativaJoe

I don't know about anyone else, but I have never vegged an indoor plant 3 months.....If I id I think 1 plant would fill my entire space before flowering was done.

Clones save you alot of time, because it takes out the sexing time needed to get just ladies in your cabinet.

toofat

What I want to know is, after you switch to 12/12 will the plants finish faster from clones than from seeds? Like if a strain says 8 weeks to flower will a clone finish in say 7 weeks?

G

If I'm not mistaken it depends on the mother it was taken from. If the Mother was veged to maturity then the clone should'nt have any thing else to do before finishing out. But if it is taken before maturity the clone will have to grow some extra nodes taking away a lil time. This is my belief and could be wrong........so have some salt with it.

Blatant

KRS Juan

Blantant is absolutley correct. If both the plant from seed and the mother the clone came from are at sexual maturity, they will take the same amount of time to flower. Clones are the exact same age as the mother they came from.

Keep in mind though, plants dont root very much in flowering, so if your clones have not developed a large & healthy root system your plants will be very small and so will your yeild. I have heard some strains do root no matter what stage and can be flowered as soon as they have shown roots.

Many commercial perpetual growers keep 3 rooms. A mother room, a veg room, and a flowering room. The two I know both use strains that flower in 40 to 45 days and keep their clones in veg that long as well. That way each room is ready on or close to the same time.

-KRS Juan-

Hooked-On-Grown

Veteran
Check out my Mazar Act II grow in my signature.
I took 80 clones from my Mazar mothers and 77 had very good roots in 12 days. I let them sit under floros and a light nute solution for 2 more days to acclamate out of the domes and then put them right to 12/12. I selected 64 of the best looking ones. So that is 14 days from being cut from the mother to 12/12. I yeild about 20-28 grams a plant. Grow a seed for 14 days and you will just be forming the third set of leaves, still unsure which is male/female.

Do clones finish faster than plants from seed? If so, how much faster?

Yes, they do finish faster. With clones, you eliminate the need for lengthy vegetation growth time as opposed to seed.

What I want to know is, after you switch to 12/12 will the plants finish faster from clones than from seeds? Like if a strain says 8 weeks to flower will a clone finish in say 7 weeks?

NO.

Both plants tgrown from clones and seed will need the same amount of time for flowering.

There is a difference between "finishing time" versus "flowering time".

Last edited:

Morganic

3 months veg...i veg for 2-3wks max and my plants finish about 5-6ft. I took a clone from my last NL right at the end of harvest...vegged it for 4 days and put it into the bloom room. I dont expect much, it was just an experiment and i didnt want to finish with her. I might actually try more plants next time and veg for a week just to see...if theres enough light and they have the right conditions marijuana plants can grow like crazy...6"inches a day!! If your vegging for that long because of a law limiting how many plants you can grow then i see your point. Good luck