What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tikal

De La Luz

Her sister ~ Tikal #3

Has not filled in as quick as her sister and you can see that I had some slight burn issues with the tops getting too close to the lights

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Great to see you around De La Luz :)

You are growing some sexy tikals, lovely thin sativa leaf, the second one looks alomost pure sativa. Thanks for keep us updated friend, best wishes to you and your family.

Bacchus

Throbbing Member
Veteran
Hey Dubi, do you think Tikal would finish at 45N? It would be all nice and sunny here up until mid-October, which could bring rain and cold(no freeze).

Would she have issues with mold at the end? First freeze could be Nov 1st.

De La Luz

My two girls are finishing up now at about week 14.
Looks like they both are gonna yield very well :tiphat:
This was a learning run for me... the next round will be better. I think I need to increase my Nitrogen a for bit longer during the cycle to help keep them a little greener for a little longer. This run yellowed out a lot (one more than the other due to compost tea issues:comfort:).
The more pure sativa of the two has the sweetest smell and she really but on the weight :dance013:

I have a third female which I still have not put into flower.... she will go in the next round.

More soon , with photos !

Gracias ACE & Dubi !!! :thank you:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
High De La Luz! :)

Great to hear you are harvesting your tikals, yield are usually quite nice, especially outdoors! Tikal finishes without much problem at 45 latitude, you are right, she needs nice N feeding even in flowering.

Please, let us know what you think after a bit of curing. Best wishes to you and your family!

JEDinHB

Hi all. I germinated my 3 Tikal seeds about a month ago (under a T5) and placed them outdoors in mid march (last weekend). I live in so cal. Two of them appear to be more of a gentle hybrid phenotype. They don't have a strong indica or sativa look just a well balanced looking mix. the other one however looks very Indica. Big ole fat sun leaves. Two of them indicated female including the indica phenotype and I'm not sure about the other one yet. Actually I hope the last one turns out male so I can collect the pollen for a future breeding project. I'll post a pic or two soon.
Happy Growing! .....JED

JEDinHB

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=28379&pictureid=630667
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=28379&pictureid=630666
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=28379&pictureid=630665

Ok all I'm a newbie. Sorry about the links to the pics as opposed to just pics posted here. Its the only way I figured out how to do it. Help a brother out if you know how to post pics right here in the forum.

Top pic and bottom pic are the two that look to be a nice mix of Indica and Sativa.
Middle pic is of the Indica Phenotype.

I was hoping to get a real strong Sativa phenotype but it looks like it isn't happening. Maybe if one them is male, I'll recross it back with one of the females and hope for a Sativa phenotype.
Expert breeders, does that sound reasonable? Any advice?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome JEDinHB :)

Is the standard or fem tikal version ? Independently of the growing traits, tikal always produce great sativa plants at harvest time, excellent strawberry incensey aromas and happy positive sativa high.
Thanks for trust in our work, best wishes!

Ok all I'm a newbie. Sorry about the links to the pics as opposed to just pics posted here. Its the only way I figured out how to do it. Help a brother out if you know how to post pics right here in the forum.

Top pic and bottom pic are the two that look to be a nice mix of Indica and Sativa.
Middle pic is of the Indica Phenotype.

I was hoping to get a real strong Sativa phenotype but it looks like it isn't happening. Maybe if one them is male, I'll recross it back with one of the females and hope for a Sativa phenotype.
Expert breeders, does that sound reasonable? Any advice?

bodymind

Veteran
guatemalan babies
picture.php

bodymind

Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

Guatemalan sativas: beautiful, intensely vigorous roots, scents of black pepper, strawberry, and floral sweetness. Looks at the red stems! They are mostly females, with a couple of males and a couple of undeclared plants that will probably be females. It's really interesting to observe photo responsiveness and flower initiation during different times of the year and in different lines. I've been observing similar stuff in my flo lines grown at different times of the year outdoors. Some plants show sex early and really want to flower as soon as they initiate. Other plants that seem similar in appearance, perhaps slightly more sativa will maintain vegetative growth vigor until age combined with light period initiate flowering.

K

KSP

This Tikal is going out late, in a week or two. I think it's a beautiful plant. I have not flowered her before, so this will be fun.

picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Guatemalan sativas: beautiful, intensely vigorous roots, scents of black pepper, strawberry, and floral sweetness. Looks at the red stems! They are mostly females, with a couple of males and a couple of undeclared plants that will probably be females. It's really interesting to observe photo responsiveness and flower initiation during different times of the year and in different lines. I've been observing similar stuff in my flo lines grown at different times of the year outdoors. Some plants show sex early and really want to flower as soon as they initiate. Other plants that seem similar in appearance, perhaps slightly more sativa will maintain vegetative growth vigor until age combined with light period initiate flowering.

Im so glad to see more guatamala reports, lovely outdoor plants, i can feel they enjoyed the weather and cares. Thanks for share it!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
This Tikal is going out late, in a week or two. I think it's a beautiful plant. I have not flowered her before, so this will be fun.

Looking real good KSP :) Tikal loves outdoor growing, very vigorous and easy to grow outdoors. Is a standard or fem seed ? And the packing date ?

Best wishes!

bodymind

Veteran
Dubi, I haven't seen the guatemalans you spoke of last month, but mine are going strong and i have one select male and the same select female cutting.... The guatemalan flo f1 is close to maturation and the select pheno seems to have the best characteristics of both parents...

bodymind

Veteran
I also have a whole other line of guatemalan that a friend brought back from a trip down there, about which i am excited!

K

KSP

Looking real good KSP :) Tikal loves outdoor growing, very vigorous and easy to grow outdoors. Is a standard or fem seed ? And the packing date ?

Best wishes!

Dubi, it is from standard seed, and the packing date is 17/03/08.

I have a nice male from the same pack. I have another pack of these also I think in cold storage.

I like the looks of this plant and look forward to seeing her grow outdoors.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Dubi, I haven't seen the guatemalans you spoke of last month, but mine are going strong and i have one select male and the same select female cutting.... The guatemalan flo f1 is close to maturation and the select pheno seems to have the best characteristics of both parents...

That's great to know :) Im curious to see how the flo blends with guatemala! And good luck with your new guatemala line, should be fun to explore and compare with the ace guatemala you have just experienced.
Best regards!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Dubi, it is from standard seed, and the packing date is 17/03/08.

I have a nice male from the same pack. I have another pack of these also I think in cold storage.

I like the looks of this plant and look forward to seeing her grow outdoors.

Hello KSP,

Then your Tikal is one of the oldest releases, i think she's now 2 generations further than the generation you are growing. Hope she works well in your outdoor climate, she is usually very vigorous under the sun. Best wishes!

bodymind

Veteran
Dubi! I just wrote you about the guatemalan x flo hybrid: She is harvested and the f1 i selected has the best characteristics of both lines and an increased yield. She smells of pink lemonade, similar to the ace panama that i have tried, and the high is very clear, up, and funny and not too potent.

I have made a back cross to my flo line and a made a whole new batch of guat x flo f1's with the original guat mom and a select male from the next generation of my flo line :)

Latest posts

Latest posts