What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I lost my wife and best friend today

Mikenite69

Veteran
Hey garhart my condolences go out to you in this time nothing can replace a loved one. I know exactly what you are going through. Last year I lost 3 loved ones in one year first my father died then my mother and in August I had to put my dog in my avatar to sleep from a dirty tick bite.

All I can say to you bro is you will have your ups and downs and times where you sit back and think about your loved ones or something that will remind you of them that will pop up. Just remember time heals everything. Your sadness will pass but you have to pick yourself up and move on that's what your loved ones would want you to do. She is in a better place now and smiling down upon you she will be your guardian angel from here on out. Be strong that's what she would of wanted you to do and u will always have her in your
Memories for the rest of your life!

My sincerest condolences

Mike

so sorry for your loss. Please dont beat yourself up by trying to second guess decisions. Hindsight is 20/20 and nothing is guaranteed. Peace

Garhart

thank you each so much. Learning fast that without love and care it is all just garbage.
Without the love and care, our lives are just rubble. I lived alone for the majority of my life, and never knew how wonderful it was to have love and care.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hiya,,,,so very sad to hear of your loss,,,,my wife is my sun,sky, and moon and to lose her is unthinkable,,,,we send
You blessings and light at this terrible time,,,,,,,peace and regards 944s2

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
Can´t find own words,....

“I have always believed, and I still believe, that whatever good or bad fortune may come our way we can always give it meaning and transform it into something of value.”

Herman Hesse

MJBadger

Veteran
There is nothing I can say that would help you now but there will be a time in the future when you remember your lady & smile rather than grieve .

Heartfelt condolences to you .

Garhart

The quotation by the Beatles is so so true. Herman, you are a wise man, your fear is well founded.
I was so blessed to have found a great person to have shared life with. She did not care for money, but she cared so much about me. I woke up this am wet with sweat from the covers being too much. I put on the Tee shirt that she had washed for me two days ago . The sweetest thing most romantic thing in the world was when she would see me waking up wet and would tell me to put on a dry tee shirt , or when she would ask me to drink a little more fluids because she cared so much. this morning I eat for breakfast the avacados that she bought 2 days ago for our breakfast this week end. Such a strange experience making breakfast for one.

Garhart

I must thank each of you who has posted words of kindness to me. Each of you are very special people.Each of you are stronger than I. I do not think that before today, I would have posted to such as myself. I think I would have had a shudder go down my spine as I glanced quickly - and I would have turned away and read something more pleasant. I need to remember how not to turn away. She did teach me that.

Garhart

I keep feeling like it will be OK , until I think a little bit . It is funny , like if I just wake up or something it will all be ok again- but then I know it won't .
I guess that is the bill I owe for the love and care I had . I have always believed in a fair exchange policy - that is to say that I was never interested in 'getting over', just a fair exchange.

Grow_engineer

Per aspera ad astra
Veteran
I can´t even imagine how you feel... May peace come to your heart and you and your wife will be together again one day. - condolecence from Germany

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
SHE prepared U for the worst... with all that love and care, embellished between 2...
U will always feel her strength......

Stinkymutt

Very sorry to read this Garhart . It reminded me to hug my wife and be thankful for what I have . I hope you can find some inner peace to get through this .
Peace

Latest posts

Latest posts