What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I lost my wife and best friend today

Garhart

My wife died today. I knew that she had a bad cold. She had been feeling poorly for about a week. She had asthma, and her breathing was rough last night . I awoke her at six this morning telling her that it was high time to get her to the hospital for a session with a nebulizer. She told me that she would be OK with that if I would let her rest til 8 am, she would be fine with that. She was still alive and spoke with me at six this morning . By 8am she was gone .
She was only 46. She was a MD. She had a Masters in Public Health. She had been a Captain in the Army. I had no idea at all what the hell she ever saw in me. She had lived a life of service . Money was not what it was about for her. She went in to work early and left late. We were always so broke it was unreal, but it was the people that mattered to her.

Hug your loved ones , it is so fleeting . I never dreamed of this when I went to bed last night. I honestly think that she would be alive right now had I gotten her into the ER when we awoke this morning .

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oh , So sorry dude !!! i'd be lost without my better half !!! :comfort:

Heusinomics

My deepest sympathys.
Please do try and not think long about the things you may hav done differently. It can't b changed.
Your dearest had the pleasure of your voice in her ear and your compassion in her heart.
Think fondly of the good times

growsjoe1

Premium user
Veteran
420giveaway
I honestly think that she would be alive right now had I gotten her into the ER when we awoke this morning .

Losing someone that we care about is hard under any circumstances. Nothing anyone can say will likely change the sense that in someway you feel responsible. We all have moments where we regret something we have said or done that we just can't change, but that just makes you human.Furthermore you were acting out of kindness and love. Nothing you did or didn't do in any way diminishes that. I hope you find the strength to forgive yourself as she would no doubt forgive you...that's what love is, be thankful you had it. Keep your head up for the both of you.

Joe

Classic Seeds

Veteran
sorry for your loss Garhart I lost my wife to cancer in 08 , I know what your going through right now but second guessing your actions about letting her sleep is pointless.when god decides we go we go nothing anyone here can do to stop that .you sound like you had a wonderfull person who cared about life and everyone around her remember that and take care of your self she would want that of you RIP aloha cls

5th

Veteran
Condolences.

Always tough losing the good ones.

Stay strong, she'd have wanted that.

justpassnthru

Veteran
My sincerest condolences to you Garhart. Hopefully, time will help you mend. You must be lost, right now. What a shock!

Sure hope you aren't beating yourself up for doing as she requested. It is doubtful anyone would have done any differently.:cry: jpt

Ickis

Veteran
Very sad to hear news like this. Time is the only thing that will help now. Hang in there guy.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Every time a veteran passes a very large family feels it...hope you know that...

Latest posts

Latest posts