What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Purple Haze x Malawi

BC LONE WOLF

The stud finally came thru
2200A172-06AA-422E-A158-DA5588DAAF84.jpeg
4C559D8A-6EB5-4E2E-B801-7D6B8AFC57D0.jpeg
6A350F05-8B73-4D67-B13E-0C7F9117AA97.jpeg

chronosync

Well-stoned member
Looking good, guys! Im still debating weather to try to open pollinate the rest of my pack or keep them as clones until I can flower them. In hindsight I should not have sprouted them all at once. I usually can figure out what to do with plants once they are sprouted. I make room. But right now I am all out of that.

Regardless, here is the one I chose out of the group to start with. Around 6.5 weeks since timer set. I always count days based on the timer not preflower or bud set. Sharing a tent with another haze i was gifted as a cut and the last Panama reg i flowered I wanted to run right away and had a bit of room so i put her in about three weeks into this run.

From L to R : cbh, panama, phaze x malawi

71B659BD-E83E-40E9-8083-D289B889A582.jpeg 9D3BD635-F677-4828-A620-6F26F8F9E2DA.jpeg 9D9F2A08-96E7-4DCB-A223-47F55CD1E0B6.jpeg 31695B53-C415-4A9E-BD4A-F1CBDD9B38A8.jpeg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Nice PH x M male @BC LONE WOLF :) glad the females are ready for the pollination, please let us know how the different crosses you made turn out.

Beautiful hairy buds at 10 weeks of flowering @Dr Bombay she is responding very well to your feedings and soil amendings, keep doing it until she produces last reflowering :yes:

Looking good in early flowering chronosync i think you did well not flowering the clones indoors during summer time and wait till now that room temps are more fresh. Good luck for the rest of the flowering.

BC LONE WOLF

Nice PH x M male @BC LONE WOLF :) glad the females are ready for the pollination, please let us know how the different crosses you made turn out.

Beautiful hairy buds at 10 weeks of flowering @Dr Bombay she is responding very well to your feedings and soil amendings, keep doing it until she produces last reflowering :yes:

Looking good in early flowering chronosync i think you did well not flowering the clones indoors during summer time and wait till now that room temps are more fresh. Good luck for the rest of the flowering.

Thank you for making this interesting cross. I noticed some purple tones to some of the pollen sacs and they have started to spread so I went to hand pollinate one of my purpling SLH. I can post some pictures in a couple days.
The vigorous growth I seen and elegant structure got me sold I needed this donor. I intend to let him ripe and show even more traits.
✌🏼

Dr Bombay

Well we are at week 16 plus with these. I will chop them tomorrow.

Super excited to smoke!

I will grow these again. I want to try growing some Ace banghi first.

Thank you to everyone for helpful comments and sharing experience. To other noobies l would recommend growing after couple of other Ace variety grows under belt. 20231125_114937.jpg 20231125_114640.jpg 20231125_114704.jpg 20231125_114757.jpg

Perdido

Purple Haze x Malawi on a roof in Vienna today.
It's the third week that she is "starting to flower."
in comparison: Zamaldelica is around 2 or 3 weeks from finish and the Colombian Gold is close to finishing.
Still, I'm gonna let her stand until she is really dead and frozen.

20231126 PuMa 01.jpg

20231126 Drei big .jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Well we are at week 16 plus with these. I will chop them tomorrow.

Super excited to smoke!

I will grow these again. I want to try growing some Ace banghi first.

Thank you to everyone for helpful comments and sharing experience. To other noobies l would recommend growing after couple of other Ace variety grows under belt. View attachment 18923738 View attachment 18923739 View attachment 18923740 View attachment 18923741

Wonderful results @Dr Bombay :tiphat: you can be proud of your dedication and skills, not easy to finish such tropical sativa genetics indoors from seed so well like you did! Please, let us know your insights about the qualities of the flowers in a couple of months or so ... enjoy!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Purple Haze x Malawi on a roof in Vienna today.
It's the third week that she is "starting to flower."
in comparison: Zamaldelica is around 2 or 3 weeks from finish and the Colombian Gold is close to finishing.
Still, I'm gonna let her stand until she is really dead and frozen.

View attachment 18923973

View attachment 18923976

Wow @Perdido ! You like to defeat your weather hehehe starting to flower so late i doubt Purple Haze x Malawi can finish there, any way i'm curious as well :) If the Colombian Gold is pure it should flower more or less at same speed like Purple Haze x Malawi does.

Dr Bombay

Wonderful results @Dr Bombay :tiphat: you can be proud of your dedication and skills, not easy to finish such tropical sativa genetics indoors from seed so well like you did! Please, let us know your insights about the qualities of the flowers in a couple of months or so ... enjoy!
Thank you Dubi. I was able to do it because of some great help here. This one really was an adventure. I'm excited to see how it smokes!

In the new year l look forward to growing some Ace Banghi. While l am a new grower most of my grows have been Ace. They are a real treat.

Thank you again.

Persianfarmer

Time to start a thread on this amazing cross!

Pure Purple Haze:
picture.php

At last, the mythical tropical Purple Haze of the 70’s without being mixed and in all its magnificence is finally available for all those nostalgic lovers of the old school sativas. In this version of the Oldtimers Haze, we offer you a selection of purple and reddish phenotypes with a strong influence of the purple highland colombian sativas, within the genotypes of the original Haze population. Purple Haze is different from Green Haze because its stems and flowers ripe with impressive purple and reddish colors. Their aromas are also darker: of black liquor and wild blackberry.

Flowering time: 16-20 weeks (above image was 26 weeks)
Yield: Average-Low
Description: Clean euphoric and creative high without tolerance limits.

Malawi:
malawi.jpg

After years of hard work and intense selections with sativas from all around the world, we can confirm that Malawi is the most powerful and psychedelic landrace sativa we know. Its dense flowers of enormous trichomes compete with the most powerful indica/sativa and indica hybrids on the market in reference to their size and cannabinoids concentration. The potency of their flowers is simply devastating, and it is especially recommended for experienced smokers that seek extreme sativa effects without renounce to an abundant harvest.

Flowering time: 11-14 weeks
Yield: High
Description: Extraordinarily powerful, intense and psychedelic, with more than 4 hours of duration. Only recommended for hard and experienced smokers. We only recommend Malawi for the hardest and most experienced smokers because its extreme power usually “destroys” the majority of the smokers. DO NOT mix it with alcohol and DO NOT use any dangerous machinery under its effect.

----------

As you might be able to tell, I am very excited for these. Pure Purple is probably one of my favorite highs of all time, so I can't wait for the additional power and size from the Malawi. Put a couple of these in the ground today. As usual, there will be pics every couple of months or so as they develop.

Dubi, which plant was reversed? Do you have pics of the parents? Have you had a chance to run any of these? Any and all info is appreciated.

Oh and as usual - Thank you Dubi for seriously quality genetics!:thank you:
Wow gorgeous!!! What a trip to memory land…. Purple haze ha! Used to live in Seattle and had the chance to taste the PH grown in UW… No wonder it was Jimmy Hendrix’s Herb

Shua1991

Wow gorgeous!!! What a trip to memory land…. Purple haze ha! Used to live in Seattle and had the chance to taste the PH grown in UW… No wonder it was Jimmy Hendrix’s Herb
It may come as a surprise but "purple haze" is actually about LSD, the haze varietals are named after his passing.

Persianfarmer

It may come as a surprise but "purple haze" is actually about LSD, the haze varietals are named after his passing.
Yes…was so lucky to visit where he was resting and smoking that University of Washington Purple Haze…Ah LSD, now thats for the Greatful Dead😉