What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Smokers want mellower weed- great article

Sabot

Get some commercial Mexi ditch weed, Tons of it coming across the border everyday.. That should satisfy wimpy smokers..

yerboyblue

The thing with pandering to a market of low tolerance smokers with some mild herb, is that they buy about an 8th a month.

vapedg13

Veteran
weak weed will get you high if you are not a daily toker.

after 2-3 days in a row of the shit weed... you ask yourself where did the high go I experienced on day 1.

Maybe THCv indica's from Pakistan will become more popular. THCv blocks some effects of THC. Best herb I ever smoked was not that potent, just highly meditative. Every time I smoked it I was just so happy with the effects. The Pennsylvania Dutch grow some dank, I can see the advertisements already.

Are you sure about this Easy7?
Everything that I have ever learned about the different psychoactive components to cannabis has pointed toward THCV being responsible for limitless ceiling and also increasing the efficacy of THC. the opposite of what youre saying.
THCV from what I've learned Indica strains are typically void of THCV whereas pure sativas contain upwards of 1%THCV and contribute to the trippyness.

Being surrounded by the so called younger gen that is kush crazed most of it boils down to flavor, at least up here in the PacNW. Flavor rocks many mouths and minds. Kush's musky acrid skunkiness is hard to fuck up, so its a nearly fail safe flavor crop. it just so happens that it also pack a fucking wallop. I consider my self a Tiva head, but I do love tasting kush on my tongue and smelling my room after exhale. DANK
I could do without the brain drain though of the heavy hitting indicas while im focusing on school shit, but I gotta say it sure does take off the stresses edge of mid terms!
It all has a place and I respect and fully appreciate that. I know most of you do too... which is why I love you guys!!! Embrace the bliss of cannabis, tiva dom preferably :)

on a separate note anyone ever grow Neville's haze?

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
In general potheads tend to like the more strong flavoured weed and strong hybrids. It's a matter of coincidence that this dank strains are also faster flowering, more productive and couch locking as well. And the ones containing certain terpenes found specially in certain strains (myrcene) that give the kushes and comercial weed this special odour too.

So this leads to the market to demand strong comercial hybrids with strong smells and zombifying effects, and the so called "breeders" to push the hype to keep making profit.

There are tons of great strains with mellow and balanced effects but you won't find quality heirloom strains or good non-comercial strains in the dispensaries or Amsterdam, but just OGs, Kushes, White's and comercial weed as it's what people demands. Normally they come from highly selected clones so they are all super strong and frosty and stupifying too. Many great weed doesn't smell and taste strong or fruity/sweet/skunk but just spiced or floral, piney... not many people gets the appeal from that, even if the effect is amazing though.

In my opinion, many people prefers also to be wasted by this comercial tasty hybrids that relaxing and enjoying connoisseur plants. Many times I offered nice and balanced not so strong strains and sativas to my friends at home, but they wanted to get the OG's, Kushes and hybrids back to feel their punch and being baked in the sofa...

And by the way, the pot is not stronger, it's just the availability and techniques that improved a lot. Many clones are 20+ years old or so. There were in the 80s 25%THC plants as well, but all the indoor, cloning and super growing era lead to this situation nowadays.

Thats how it is I guess.

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I always wanted to try Citral. If you find her, grab her.

Thanks!

Dutch Passion has some pretty good Skunk strains that might work well.

R.Fortune

RF, Thanks for reminding me. I have a pack of Citral Skunk I had forgotten about. Also got some grape skunk and some Cali-O f2's to add to the next run :)

ThePizzaMan

Veteran
i prefer a lighter....purple weed. My pot fairy makes a stink when I give him anything but kush. The people that he deals with demand a higher potency herb. it really ain't up to the grower....

Consumers demand a higher potency smoke....even when many would still want a lighter smoke.

TheArchitect

Veteran
Why is dope so strong? Because plants with big, strong buds maximize the profit of the basement grower. Plus, the people who grow it and sell it also smoke it, and they’ve got high tolerances and a deep fondness for its effects. They like it strong.

Best part of the article, I lol'd.

quitelost

Mellower isn't always weaker, many indoor hybrids are like a wallop to the head and sometimes I like to do something. I've been smoking joints of some weed all day, it's not very strong but not weak, it has a high ceiling, seems to have little tolerance build up, It's like being awake in a dream but you are functional, I am pretty intoxicated but it doesn't show and I can get things done....

I think many would write this off as weak but it has it's place, many heavy smokers I know appreciate something with a nice chill effect even if it isn't super potent. Many people here seem to think the "real smokers" smoke the "killer dank" but if one smokes a lot it it's nice to have something with cleaner maybe even mellower effects. Those who say that mid-grade already exists must have not read the article because they are speaking of top grade, mid grade tends to be not grown or treated to its potential it's not the same as something with mellower effects. There have been many times I was surprised with something mellow that seemed more enjoyable than something much more potent.

TheArchitect

Veteran
Actually, I've noticed the older folks want the stuff from back in the day, which was usually some landrace sativa.

They love the up, awake feeling, a sativa lends too. They also miss the old flavors.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
I lived/worked in south america and the carrib a few years back and there was plenty of commercial down there that reminded me of the 70's herb. every now and then it would be fire. I hope that we will see US legalization lead to boutique production in the equatorial countries and high quality imports like we had in the old days.

I bet there are still plenty of poor farmers in Thailand who would love a legal way to send sticks to the states. I think that if Mexico legalizes also we will see that some people prefer great outdoor oldschool weed over highly refined US genetics.

Washington and Colorado make me very optimistic about the weed future.

I keep blue dream on hand as the resident 'mellow weed'.
Dialed in it puts up huge numbers, holds its light blueberry taste/smell for a long time and is a good all around smoke. Grown in hydro is where it really shines, doesn't even look like the same strain but keeps that mellow daytime high.
Jillybean is another tasty 'lightweight' smoke (depending on pheno).

B

boho

Weird said:
it its mankind's latent capacity to be enlightened that should be celebrated and encouraged not necessarily any one particular vehicle

Have you been talking to aliens? I'm not being facetious, I am serious. There is a lot of weird things in this world and your whole post sounds a lot like something I may have heard somewhere sometime ;)

More to the point, I personal grow for patients that are very close to me that have real illnesses and it's not a recreational activity for me to grow. I personally enjoy the effects of the drug but where I live it is not consider medication for what ails me. The individuals I grow for experience ridiculous pain that their on pain contracts with doctors for the prescriptions they have. Marijuana however has change their intake of medications whose side effects are way worse then cannabis could ever be. Now I have access to some of the most potent strains around but I grow what they need which I have to say at times is mostly older known lower potency strains. If there even happens to be anything above ~18% thc content they say it's too much. I also know they are honest because I always blind test with the patients because I want answers not polluted by others. It cracks me up every time but they love like northern lights #1, not like the #5 or others, the slow and steady mellow one. Give them something like a trainwreck, white widow, gosh there are so many, it's just too much for them.

At the end of the day, I hope the people that use the drug to escape find a solution to what they are escaping from but I look forward to society being compassionate to those that need it despite the preconceived notion of addiction is the result of a drugs availability and legality. Legalize and choose wise!

Latest posts

Latest posts