What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HALLOWEEN Photo Contest 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Carving..

Carving..

I know this is to late for the contest, and I did have it done in time, but chose to go only with my other image, still, I wanted you guys to see it. This is a 150 pound pumpkin I grew and my first ever carving on one. it is supposed to be a cannabis cola.. but my wife wondered what it was, then a friend, long time smoker, stopped by, and thought it was a scorpion, so I decided not to embarass myself and submit it to the contest. Carving with power tools..Itsa messy process, a pic of me shows the splatter. I hope this image is allowed here, I did a little to hide my identity, the wifey didn't recognize me. Actually she stopped me at the back door and made me take off all my cloths outside then head strait to the shower...no quickie in between..I asked...NO way she said. Included is a pic of the other pumpkin that is in the contest in the back of my Chevy PU for size comparison.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Thanks for the contest DG..I enjoyed all the pix from everyone...DD

RoachClip

I hold El Roacho's
Veteran
I think the pic with you wearing the pumpkin pulp beard DD is simply priceless

I haven't seen any new threads by The Fair Lady DG yet so i guess i haven't missed the winners of the contest.

WasntMe

I thought it was a ribcage!

DD,
I thought the same when I saw the pic before reading.... I was already in my mind picturing the small pumpkin you would be putting on top carved into a skull... and was trying to figure out how you would do the skeleton's legs.

I can totally see the cola you were after, after reading your post. It looks great for your first ever scraping. It seems like it would be very hard to convey the visual complexity of a cola in a carving format. Great effort.

The pumpkin beard IS awesome! :yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts