What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kyle Cushmans Super Cropping

Mr. J

Probably one of the best tutorials out there. Everything he shows is gold. I've been growing for many, many years and even I learned something new the first time I watched it and it definitely helped me. For a noob it's pure gold.

Vash

Ol' Skool
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Awesome vid. I use ALL of those techniques - right on down to using the tape after literally breaking a branch. It works.

mikeross

Yeah, its a good video.

I too lollipop to the first growth tip on every branch about 1 day or 2 before flower. On stretchy strains I do it 1-2 days into flower to slow down the stretch.

Last edited:

roybart

One of my girls is just starting to flower and she is pretty much flat topped (all the tips are even) .
So I should be snipping any new growth below the first 3 sets of buds??

mikeross

One of my girls is just starting to flower and she is pretty much flat topped (all the tips are even) .
So I should be snipping any new growth below the first 3 sets of buds??

When you say "just starting to flower" do you mean you are going to change to 12/12 or you're a week plus into 12/12 and your starting to see flowers form?

Right before flower I lollipop everything up to the last growth tip and remove any branches I don't think will make it up into the canopy. Following day I switch to 12/12. If i'm growing a stretchy OG or similar I lollipop after I go into 12/12 to slow down the stretch.

I follow up after the stretch, day 21 usually give or take, defoliate and clean up any new growth below the canopy.

roybart

I run 12x12 all the time, one girl is ready to flower the other just started. Thanks for the advice . I will clean up the flower girl

roybart

So now I should trim to 0 or ??
Should I LST a little?

Thoughts?

picture.php

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
A good rule of thumb is never remove more than 1\3 of a plants foliage. Removing over 1/3 will put the plant in shock. That goes for trees, shrubs, garden vegetables or any plant.