What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Two SIL Tents and a Humidome

ScrogMonster

Veteran
I figured it’s a good time to start a diary. Even though I’m having trouble rooting cuttings at the moment but I think my next batch will root nice as I’ve got some advice and of coarse a proper humidome.

I have two 2ftx4ft tents for flowering which both have a shelf for a 2nd tier. Each tier is lit by a home made 306w SIL fixture. That’s 18 x 17w - 100w equiv, 1600lm bulbs per fixture. Bulbs are spaced 8” from center to center. That’s 28,800 lm total for each of the 4 tiers. Bulbs were $1 each, fixture cost me about $40 each after wood, sockets, screws, 16g ext chords to chop up.

In have six plants currently flowering in one tent right now under all 5000k SILS. In future I’ll be doing 4 plants per tent once/month only using strains that finish in 8 weeks.

Current cycle photo at 20days flowering.
picture.php

Bottom row. Left to right, BG, BG, Tangelo.
picture.php

Top row. Left to right, BG, 2 x GG#4
picture.php

3 gallon fabric pots with organic soil mix and lots of organic ferts mixed in sitting on perlite wicking beds. I’ve watered from the top once so far with GO Bloom and calmag. Each plant has an abundant nutrient bank in shape of a ring about an inch down from the top of the soil comprised of DTE biothrive, fish bone meal and leongbonite. I love how this Sub irrigation is working out so far. Plants have always looked great and I just top off their beds once every couple days with plain tap water. So easy.

picture.php

picture.php

Well I’ll be posting more info and pics very soon. I just wanted to get the first post launched. Happy growing everyone, be well.

ScrogMonster

Veteran
So each 2x4ft tent has its own 6” in-line fan/filter combo that are built into a box that sits on planks of wood over the top of the tents so they’re not taking up space in the tent which allows me to have two tiers in each tent. The boxes are frames built with 1x4’s screws and foam insulation, and of coarse aluminum tape.

picture.php

picture.php

Nice setup!
So what temperatures do you get inside a tent with 36 SIL's? Must be pretty hot in there especially during summer?

Last edited:

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have the same thing going on with my 25 gallon fabric pots. It's mineral deposits from your soil and is perfectly normal.

ScrogMonster

Veteran
Nice setup!
So what temperatures do you get inside a tent with 36 SIL's? Must be pretty hot in there especially during summer?
Also where's your carbon filter? Is it inside that silver cube thingy? So your fan is actually pushing air through it? I always thought we're supposed to have it suck the air through the filter...
As long as your plants look healthy I wouldn't worry too much about that white stuff. Might be a fungus though

Thanks Bob. Temps run around 8-12 degrees over room temp. My summer cycles were successful. I have central air and I block off some vents in the house and blast most of it into that room. The fan is drawing from the filter and the box has a hole in the bottom of that sits right on top of the duct hole on the top of the tent and foil taped the holes to connect them. Then I have flexible ducting going from the fans pointing out the doorway of the room.

ScrogMonster

Veteran
Here’s that same canopy drying in my dry box. The silver box behind the spray bottle is another fan/filter combo that draws air from the dry box and sits in that utility shelf.

picture.php

ScrogMonster

Veteran
This is my moms/clones/veg area. Moms n clones up top and veg on the bottom tier and of coarse I have a little utility shelf under that and my dry box on the bottom. It was still coming together when I took this pic I’ll post a more recent photo soon.

picture.php

picture.php

ScrogMonster

Veteran
Another Previous cycle photo.
picture.php

Here’s what the plants I have flowering now looked like maybe a week or two before they were transplanted and flipped.

picture.php

I just kept topping the biggest branches until I counted 24 tops. I made all my tops at the very tip we’re the nodes are super close to try and get nice even splitting, going for a mainline type of effect. It worked well most the time.
picture.php

P

pongster

this is a great setup bro!
i reckon your light holder is damn awesome! simple, cheap, effective... yeah!
what kind of lights are these? sorry for my ignorance, can you share the model?
thanks a lot and again, great setup!
will check you regularly :D
:rasta:

ScrogMonster

Veteran
this is a great setup bro!
i reckon your light holder is damn awesome! simple, cheap, effective... yeah!
what kind of lights are these? sorry for my ignorance, can you share the model?
thanks a lot and again, great setup!
will check you regularly :D
:rasta:

Thanks friend. SIL stands for Screw In LED... the not so new any more energy saving bulbs you buy to put in a lamp or any light fixture in your home. You just pop the globes off they’re ready to grow. The fixtures I made from 1x3 boards, screws, cheap light sockets from amazon/China and those standard 6ft $1.50 ext chords that are basically lamp wire but cheaper by the foot actually and come with a plug and outlet you can use for daisy chaining if you want. For a little more deets just read my first post in this thread.

ScrogMonster

Veteran
I was having some issues with my couple batches of cuttings and the consensus seems to be they were getting too much light and had no food. I also believe led they were a bit too hot.

Here’s my new batch of cuttings with much softer light, a proper dome/tray although I need a taller dome because some of the cuttings are touching this dumb short one... that’s all the hydro store I was at had at the time, also some Rapid Start in the water and cut from healthier moms. X-acto knife wiped with alchohal before each cut and duped directly in clonex and put straight into either a cup water, a rock wool plug, or a cup of perlite with a bit of xtra water, all with rapid start. I’m hoping these all root nice and I can pick my favorite method which might be the 5os cups of perlite so far, it was just the easiest/smoothest.

picture.php

I also turned my heating matt down from 83 to 79. On all my previous batches I was letting the cuttings sit in a cup of plain tap water for a day or two to soften the stem and they weren’t in a dome. A friend suggested that was hurting them for the leaves to not have proper humidity and I’m thinking the wet stems were repelling clonex and that the clonex making direct immediate contact with the fresh clean cuts and going straight into dome might make a big difference. Also I have the paper towel over the center of the dome to soften the light. One 10w soft white and one 10 daylight with globes still on are above that. I have high hopes for this batch.

ScrogMonster

Veteran
Here’s what the veg room is lookin like today.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I’m super excited about these cuttings Sugar Black Rose has won 11 diff cups. I had 4 other strains/seedlings but they all were murdered in cold blood by fungus gnat larva. Very sad. That’s why you see sand and Mosquito Bits on all tops of all the plants soil, and the fly traps out. I put the fly traps in those empty water gallons so they don’t touch anything like my arm hairs or the pots or the plants. That used to be so frustrating, also now I spray a little Apple cider vinegar in the bottom through one of the holes too for added luring effect. That Sugar Black Rose is the most important so at least that one is still alive. In case you can’t read the label, the other one is Peyote Cookies from Barney’s Farm seeds. I think I’ll top those seedlings and mainline them and keep the tops for mothers. I can’t wait to watch them flowerrrrrr ahhhh.

Boocoodinkydow

WOW!! Another swicker! Looking great, man. I’m always in awe of you fellows with great scrog abilities. My only attempt failed miserably.

I made the transition to a self replenishing swick system about a year ago and can’t imagine ever doing anything else. Super simplistic.

ScrogMonster

Veteran
These bastards.... I don’t wanna have to switch to hard pots but I might have to just for this reason. That’s a fungus gnat larva having a field day on the org nutes and roots coming out of the fabric pots. There’s a couple more of those ugly bastards in the background. I been using mosquito bits like crazy I mixed in my soil and watering with them all the time. Maybe I’ll spray some water soaked with em on the outside of the pots to hopefully kill some of these off. These bastards murdered 4 out of six of my little seedling babies. I don’t want them around any more. I’ll be using mosquito bits/dunks and sand and traps for the rest of my life. Hopefully at some point it becomes a preventative instead of battle weapons.
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts