What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Outdoor/indoor terrace grow

El Timbo

First grow in a while.... glad to be growing again :)

To start I have 3 plants that I received as cuttings - I have taken cuttings of the cuttings and will be flowering 6 plants in total on this first run. They are outside in the sun during the day (24ºC and sunny today) and under a compact flouro at night to keep them in vegetative growth for the moment.

Malawi x Panama - ACE

Dread bread - Bodhi

Mystery cut - either Dawgs Bollocks or Peach Ozz

Photos to follow...

El Timbo

The first 2 are the dread bread - 1 has been topped to take a clone and as you can see it is very bushy...

This is the Malawi x Panama untopped - I have a topped one as well but she hasn't bushed out like the dread bread

This is either dawgs bollocks or peach ozz - I will find out in time and hopefully acquire the other one

El Timbo

1st of November may be the day of the dead in my country but the plants are all alive and well - first day of 12/12 and they woke up with that lovely light green colouring on the tops they get after their first night :)

I have them in 5 litre pots - 6 fit nicely into this vegetable crate I got from the local market.

A young Malawi x Panama clone - this is a nice vigorous grower

El Timbo

The plants had a bit of a battering by heavy wind yesterday and were looking a little sorry for themselves when I took them into their dark room. They recovered nicely though and are enjoying the sun today.

El Timbo

Before I started this grow I was determined not to get drawn into the game of constantly chasing new exotic strains - but to concentrate on growing a few select clones, learning how to get the best out of each one.

However, I have succumbed and purchased a few feminised seeds of 2 strains.

El Timbo

My plan is to stick to 6 flowering plants at any one time - this should allow me 4 harvests a year unless I take a break in the hottest part of summer.

So if I have 6 clones I could do 1 of each or I could do different strains at different times of the year if that works better.

El Timbo

haha yeah man that is always a dilemma. Good luck with whichever you decide to run.

I'm thinking I'll keep the strains I have now as mothers and maybe flower 3 each of the new genetics - on the other hand this winter grow is not going to be a fair test of the plants I have now.

El Timbo

But then I think if I have 5 Citra Paradiso I'd be better off doing them all at the same time to find the best one... and I have 4 not 3 of the Caribe so the same applies. The Citra Paradiso might be better suited to a winter grow.

El Timbo

I also have some old seeds from my previous growing adventures - they weren't well stored unfortunately so I don't hold out much hope.

I have some meao thai x ethiopian highland in soil but no sign of life :( if they grow then my decision will be made.

El Timbo

Anyway... getting ahead of myself again - back to the current grow.

The Malawi x Panama was chosen by a friend from 7 females - she was the fruitiest. My keeper selection criteria will depend on the final product but also on the plant and how she clones and grows and so far I'm enjoying having her around.

El Timbo

Weather still rather inclement... windy but the sun has been shining most days. I'm putting them in a dark cupboard every night - I could maybe leave them out on the terrace but there are street lights etc..

The four Caribe seeds are in soil :) I haven't seen many reports on this strain - it doesn't seem to be as well known as their Destroyer.

El Timbo

Still trying not to look at current seed offerings... I'm a sativa lover but I quite fancy having a nice pure indica.

El Timbo

The four Caribe seeds are in soil :) I haven't seen many reports on this strain - it doesn't seem to be as well known as their Destroyer.

4/4 have germinated - if I stick to my 6 plant limit I'll probably add a malawi x panama and a dawgs bollocks

Last edited:

El Timbo

Nice 1 man, good to see they all germinated. :headbange

Yes - they are doing well, and it's nice to know they are all fems... The GFxSS have arrived safely but they will be saved for a future grow. Maybe even for next winter - I'm determined not to buy any more seeds until they are grown :) I have more than enough to play with for the moment.

Latest posts

Latest posts