What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How much do you harvest with 600 hps ?

scarafino

Hi friends ,
HELLO

HELLO
I use 3 gallon jars,

With one month of growth I cultivate critical + 2.0 variety of dinafem it's a BigBud X skunk cross

I can never exceed 0.5 grams per watt

I have 6X600 watt, I would like to test the gram watt, or 0.8 / 0.9 gram per watt

I work with feminized seeds

Do you have any advice?

How much do you harvest 600W

Hi friends ,
HELLO

HELLO
I use 3 gallon jars,

With one month of growth I cultivate critical + 2.0 variety of dinafem it's a BigBud X skunk cross

I can never exceed 0.5 grams per watt

I have 6X600 watt, I would like to test the gram watt, or 0.8 / 0.9 gram per watt

I work with feminized seeds

Do you have any advice?

How much do you harvest 600W

Bone dry 12z from 600watt, Veg 4 week from seed, 5 plants per a light. Coco, hand watered like soil, No PK just bloom

Tell me more about your grow mate

Also sorry mate forgot that was with incredible bulk - Pretty shit to be fair I've hit 0.75g a watt before but that was running an opticlimate with co2.

It's about environment, Lights, Food

NzGreenWhanau

Start from the start.

Start from the start.

Thats a load of 600watt. How hot does it get in your room, an your humidity?. There are alot of things that can effect your yield. Critical 2.0 should be a good strain to produce some weight.

scarafino

Hi friends

my temperature the day is 24 and the night 18/19
I use a range of organic mineral fertilizer called top crop
I grow 9 plants per lamp 600 watt
3 rows of 3 on Per 1.44 square meter

I don’t use co2

You think in soil it’s not possible if you don’t have co2 for frame per watt ?

I have see in the web grower take a gram per watt but for me it’s very difficult

packerfan79

Veteran
Mabey larger containers with some lst, or topping to increase the number of tops. Canopy management is imperative. Running clones instead of seeds also helps

smilley

Veteran
My best result from the 600 was 400g. Bare bulb, 8 plants from seed, vegged 8 weeks flowered in a vertical doughnut for 12 weeks.

Every room has it's own issues and strain selection makes a big difference with yield. A 7 or 8 week strain will increase your yearly yield compared to a 12 weeker. I retired the 600 after 14 years and I've switched to led.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm running 2x 315w CMH in 2.5' x 5', with an organic soil bed. It's my first round in this set up and I'm only 3wk in, but I think I'll probably be in the 15-18oz range off 3 random seed plants.

I think with the right clone run, 2# is perhaps not unrealistic. Even without Co2.

Before flower - then 3wks into flower.

picture.php

picture.php

dank.Frank

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Mabey larger containers with some lst, or topping to increase the number of tops. Canopy management is imperative. Running clones instead of seeds also helps
^^What he said^^ Increase your pot size to 5gal for indoor grows. 3gal is for keeping things in check. Take the "choker" off and watch 'em thrive :tiphat:

scarafino

With 5 gallon jars I'll need a longer veg

If I make less veg and I put more plant in 3 gallon it returns to the same no?

You think that if I invest in gavita it will be easier for me to go for the gram watt with gavita 750 or 1000w DE

scarafino

hi packerfan79,

I use seed not easy to have a uniform canopy

I only use pinching, do you think that if I use LST or Topping my canopy will be more uniform?

I have a lot of secondary branch which are lower than the apex so less well exposed ...

maybe if i use Sea of green technique with 2 gallon pot and 16-20 plant per Lamp 600 ou think my result is better ?

A. Jones

4x4 tent single 600 bulb. Usually around 20oz coco DTW. Best i saw was 27oz using flood and drain coco perlite mix.

RockinRobot

hi packerfan79,

I only use pinching, do you think that if I use LST or Topping my canopy will be more uniform?

I have a lot of secondary branch which are lower than the apex so less well exposed ...

maybe if i use Sea of green technique with 2 gallon pot and 16-20 plant per Lamp 600 ou think my result is better ?

Very hard to keep an even canopy with seed stock. Best bet is SCROG. You can keep tucking the ones that stretch more and get better canopy. Clones are easier for SOG as they grow the same rate.

Joint Lock

From seed: 6WK veg
From Clone: 4 wk veg

DWC or Ebb/Flow: 63-70 day Flower

16-20oz dry 4-6 plants

KISS Method using (Maxibloom) with additives : Big bug , Over drive , Epson salt

Kelp as needed if Nitrogen hungry

packerfan79

Veteran
hi packerfan79,

Yes lst gives greater canopy control. Your secondary branches will be even with the canopy. Thus less larf more weight. Also, lst doesn't slow plants growth the way pinching does.

Sea of green will speed up your crops, but increase numbers of seeds increases cost. Are you using feminized seed? I would recommend finding a keeper and running the keeper as clones. You will have more uniform plants, easier to manage the canopy. Also, with clones you will have less variation in quality.

pinkus

Veteran
A 7 or 8 week strain will increase your yearly yield compared to a 12 weeker. I retired the 600 after 14 years and I've switched to led.

I just wanted to say that in my experience, it is the opposite. Longer flowering strains give me more grams per watt.

However, grams per watt is leaving out time. GxWxT is a better measure, but this is rarely done. Probably because there isn't an easy increment to use. At least that I have thought of.

RockinRobot

I just wanted to say that in my experience, it is the opposite. Longer flowering strains give me more grams per watt.

However, grams per watt is leaving out time. GxWxT is a better measure, but this is rarely done. Probably because there isn't an easy increment to use. At least that I have thought of.

Using an 8 and 10 week strain as examples.

10 week strain in 40 weeks = 4 harvests
8 week strain in 40 weeks = 5 harvests.

Doubt the GPW difference makes up for a full extra harvest.