Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growing in Greenhouses > Powdery Mildew - Large scale Greenhouse

Thread Title Search
Powdery Mildew - Large scale Greenhouse Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-25-2019, 04:50 PM #1
Cannama

Powdery Mildew - Large scale Greenhouse

Hi Everyone,

I am new to ICMag but am happy to finally be here!

I work at a 300,000 square foot greenhouse in southern Ontario Canada. It is poly. 150 feet long by 100 feet wide and 30 feet tall.

I am an internal consultant on the greenhouse and am not apart of the grow team. I have been indoor growing for about 6 years now and had great success. I was hoping to get some feedback/advice.

We have been struggling to control Powdery Mildew and am looking for some advice. In terms of air exchange, it is limited. The greenhouse sits around 23 degrees Celsius and humidity is pretty high. All of this is bad for PM lol

Does anyone have any suggestions to help control and reduce the around of PM we are experiencing? We are limited on fungicidal control methods due to regulations.

Old 02-25-2019, 06:03 PM #2
GatorGumbo

Solving the conditions that caused it to manifest would probably be your best bet. I'm not trying to be cute when I say that, it's just that with limited control methods at your disposal it's likely to happen again unless you can trend the environment away from inviting it. If you could manage that, perhaps the approved options would be more viable.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-25-2019, 06:29 PM #3
Pepé The Grower

Pepé The Grower has much to be proud ofPepé The Grower has much to be proud ofPepé The Grower has much to be proud ofPepé The Grower has much to be proud ofPepé The Grower has much to be proud ofPepé The Grower has much to be proud ofPepé The Grower has much to be proud ofPepé The Grower has much to be proud ofPepé The Grower has much to be proud ofPepé The Grower has much to be proud ofPepé The Grower has much to be proud of
What he said^^

If you can neither solve your air circulation issues or use anti-PM chemicals, you're fucked unless you switch to PM resisting strains.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-25-2019, 06:38 PM #4
redlaser

redlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivor
To control powdery mildew the environment needs controlling, can’t have the big temp and humidity swings.

UC Davis has a nice risk indication model that assesses points for certain conditions, x number of days at a certain temp and humidity will initiate outbreaks generally speaking.
It’s mostly about grape production but would apply to other plants.

www.ipm.ucanr.edu/PMG/r302100311.html
redlaser is offline Quote

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-25-2019, 06:41 PM #5
slownickel
IC Mag Supporter

slownickel has much to be proud ofslownickel has much to be proud ofslownickel has much to be proud ofslownickel has much to be proud ofslownickel has much to be proud ofslownickel has much to be proud ofslownickel has much to be proud ofslownickel has much to be proud ofslownickel has much to be proud ofslownickel has much to be proud ofslownickel has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannama View Post
Hi Everyone,

I work at a 300,000 square foot greenhouse in southern Ontario Canada. It is poly. 150 feet long by 100 feet wide and 30 feet tall.

I am an internal consultant on the greenhouse and am not apart of the grow team. I have been indoor growing for about 6 years now and had great success. I was hoping to get some feedback/advice.

We have been struggling to control Powdery Mildew and am looking for some advice. In terms of air exchange, it is limited. The greenhouse sits around 23 degrees Celsius and humidity is pretty high. All of this is bad for PM lol

Does anyone have any suggestions to help control and reduce the around of PM we are experiencing? We are limited on fungicidal control methods due to regulations.
What are the highs and lows of humidity and temperature over 24 hours? The temperature is good.
I WONDER WHAT WOULD HAPPEN
TO THIS WORLD

-Harry Forster Chapins' Tombstone
slownickel is offline Quote

Old 02-25-2019, 07:07 PM #6
Cannama

Temperature ranges are about 18 at lowest and 26 at highest.
RH can swing drastically from 45-75%.

I am recommending that we invest in good climate control but that can take awhile...lol
We do have a super lemon haze pheno which is really resistant. But resistance can only go so far no?

Thanks everyone for your replies

Old 02-25-2019, 10:18 PM #7
Pepé The Grower

Pepé The Grower has much to be proud ofPepé The Grower has much to be proud ofPepé The Grower has much to be proud ofPepé The Grower has much to be proud ofPepé The Grower has much to be proud ofPepé The Grower has much to be proud ofPepé The Grower has much to be proud ofPepé The Grower has much to be proud ofPepé The Grower has much to be proud ofPepé The Grower has much to be proud ofPepé The Grower has much to be proud of
Depends what you mean by really resistant. In my experience some strains or some phenos of a specific strain are litteraly immune to PM,no matter what( but they may be suceptible to others kinds of mold).

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-25-2019, 10:23 PM #8
Cannama

It is beside a pheno of master kush which is absolutely caked lol and it has 2 spots on the whole plant

Old 02-25-2019, 10:29 PM #9
dank.frank
ef.yu.se.ka.e.em

dank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivor
300,000 sq ft grow consultant, has to come ask a bunch of hobby growers how to run their operation... (which is really 15,000 sq ft because cubic measurements are a different thing)

Perhaps if they hired experts in the first place, instead of trying to penny pinch and hire a basic labor force there wouldn't be powdery mildew issues.

Sorry. I have no pity on those who are in the game for purely capitalist objectives. You want answers? You should perhaps, HIRE A RISK MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT -oh wait, that's supposed to be you.

Seems to me this post is more about you saving face and your job.

dank.Frank
ambiguous for the sake of the
ALL MIGHTY DOLLAR

Organic Soil ---> click here Current Grow --> click here
dank.frank is offline Quote

30 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-25-2019, 11:13 PM #10
Lastdon

Lastdon will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannama View Post
Hi Everyone,

BURN THE GOD DAMN PLACE DOWN.

How come they hired you and you cannot handle the problem.

Thats what these LAME LPS GET.

Lightgreen2k from IG.

Lightgreen2k on rollitup too
Lastdon is offline Quote