Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Female Seeds > Hermie-phobia

Thread Title Search
Click for great cannabis genetics at Female Seeds!
Hermie-phobia Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-08-2005, 03:07 PM #1
Female Seeds
Vendor

Female Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really nice
Hermie-phobia

After reading posts about many growers being unsure whether to try Female Seeds or not (because of doubts), we'd like to tell about Hermie-phobia.

What is hermiphobia? you may ask.. :smile:

Hermiphobia is a scary contagious mental disease spreading amongst growers. It was caused initially by the courageous ones trying out the first available feminised seeds on the market. Unfortunately, after spending a horrendous amount of money on these seeds, they often turned out to be hermies, which ruined the whole grow. And obviously resulted into the worst possible case of hermiphobia possible! Symptoms of the disease could range from; rage , guilt, depression, suspicion, fights , devorcement and what not!!
Poor guys/girls...

Thankfully times have changed, developments have improved the quality of feminised/female seeds all over. And new courageous ones are more than willing to try these seeds.
However, once one has been struck by hermiphobia in the past, it is often still incubated within the body and will strike out again whenever the patient reads anything about female/feminised seeds. Whenever anyone asks about female/feminised seeds, the hermiphobia infested grower will tell all about his bad experiences in the past, thus putting off new applicants and spreading the disease once again - even though the newly infected growers have actually no experience with the newly developed feminised/female seeds at all them selves. The infection takes over, and they too have not a positive thing to say about the seeds.

And so this treacherous disease spreads and spreads.
Still, as always, there is a little light in this whole sad story! As there does seem an existence of a very few whom seem to be resistant to this disease somehow and still go ahead with trying feminised/female seeds and get great results!
I say Amen to these strong warriors!!!

As for the unfortunate ones who are badly infected one way or the other, there is only one cure: try and try again!!! Take a step on the wild side. Be strong, courageous and have faith…
There are plenty of great feminised/female seeds available on the market today, so just give it a go!!

So, are you infected with hermie-phobia? Cause we really want to help you!!

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-08-2005, 03:16 PM #2
halfbaked
Stoner

halfbaked is on a distinguished road
Hey Female seeds. I don't have no hermie phobia. What I do have is a bunch of female seeds, white widow seeds, that I'm going to grow in a couple of weeks. Unfortunately I have to move in a few days but soon as I get set, I'm poppin those babies and growin em. Can't wait!
checkoutmygrow
halfbaked is offline Quote

Old 04-08-2005, 04:43 PM #3
mauiwowie

mauiwowie is on a distinguished road
lol femaleseeds.

Growing 3 skunk special and 1 has hermied on me. Produced 5 male flowers about 3/4 weeks into 12/12 and hasn't produced another since.
mauiwowie is offline Quote

Old 04-08-2005, 04:48 PM #4
Einsteinguy
High Tech

Einsteinguy will become famous soon enough
Female Seeds - I think your right. I like to bring up Fem seeds in chat. Just to mess with people. Nobody likes them . OK about 2 % growers like them and about half of them haven't grown any. I have bought and grown some great Fem Seeds. Soma, Reeferman, DP all have fem seeds.

Good Luck
Einstein
Einsteinguy is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-08-2005, 07:45 PM #5
Female Seeds
Vendor

Female Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauiwowie
lol femaleseeds.

Growing 3 skunk special and 1 has hermied on me. Produced 5 male flowers about 3/4 weeks into 12/12 and hasn't produced another since.

Yes indeed, Skunk Special is not quite the right cure for Hermiephobia,
seeing as one in 10 plants does have this deviation which we tell about in our description.
but you should have no more problems after removing those first flowers.
Happy growing!

Old 04-08-2005, 09:45 PM #6
mauiwowie

Not too worried to be honest

The hermie is producing the big bud at the back lol

Also quite impressed with this, shame the camera quality isn't the same as the buds.

Old 04-08-2005, 09:46 PM #7
Organic Hydro
Banned

Organic Hydro is on a distinguished road
FS , that first post is too funny

i've grown about 8 different strains from fem seeds from different breeders and while i'll admitt that i had afew hermies from some strains they never produced more than 10 seeds , i ran DP mazar feminized for 2 1/2 years and about 20 pounds worth of buds and never found one seed , most strains hermie as a natural part of the strain it self , remember if DJ Short didn't use a hermie thai there would be NO blueberry , so , hermie plants cant be all that bad it's all a roll of the dice when it comes to seeds to begin with.

Happy Growing

O H
Organic Hydro is offline Quote

Old 04-09-2005, 06:26 AM #8
tokinjoe

tokinjoe will become famous soon enough
I'm not sure where I come down on this topic as this will be my first year growing any feminized plants. I've got 4 big bud x northern lights going indoors now. They will be going outdoors soon. I'd also like to say it's a pleasure to see a Female Seeds forum here where anyone that has ever had any questions about these can get the answers as well as it's a good place to view feminized budshots such as the ones already posted here.

My fear of Female seeds comes from, like most, what I read in these forums. I'd have to say at least half or more of the posts I've read are negative and that certainly causes concern being that I've never grown any out. I'm getting tired of watering beautiful plants in the 90+ degree summer heat, only to find that half of them are males. So half of my time has been wasted. I certainly wouldn't want to replace pulling males with pulling hermies. I think that is most people's concern as well. I've had plants go hermie before and have let a couple go and I got buds that were sub-par and more full of seeds than any other pot I've ever grown or smoked.

Having said that, I'm going to grow at least 10 of these outdoors. If you'd like to follow along, I've got a thread in this forum. Feel free to kick back and see what these ladies will do 3 more months vegging and plenty of time to finish out. We'll see....
tokinjoe is offline Quote

Old 04-09-2005, 11:21 AM #9
mauiwowie

Im 100% behind femaleseeds on this one. Hermiphobia is an affliction that needs to be rectified. FS seems to be rolling in the right direction though.

My plants have been put through the ringer esp during veg, if they were ever going to turn hermie my 1st attempt at hydro was the test ground. Low res temps, pH problems, nute deficiency esp Mg and over fert are just some of the problems I had. As you can see by the picks they are turning out very nicely indeed. Only 1 has turned a bit hermie but I knew it could happen and it was only ever preflowers. Ive kept an eye on it and there are no other signs anywhere on the plant.

I can see where some growers come from on Feminised seed though. Some companies it the past have charged though the nose for seeds that produce lower quality product when compared to their non fem counterparts and also produce at least 25% hermies.

Old 04-13-2005, 08:01 PM #10
Gypsy Nirvana
Free'd P.O.W.

Gypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivor
Lady-Boy Phobia....!!

....Hmm.....Lol!....funny stuff Ferry!

....who needs clones when you can have a virtual clone in a seed?..........For all the Female seeds that we have distributed.....and we have managed to get many out there already....we have not had ONE single verifiable complaint..........go figure....

1 members found this post helpful.