Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Hobbies and Interests > The Munchie Mansion > any keto dieters?

Thread Title Search
any keto dieters? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-23-2019, 11:46 PM #1
billy_big_bud!
Proud Cannadian Cannabist

billy_big_bud! has much to be proud ofbilly_big_bud! has much to be proud ofbilly_big_bud! has much to be proud ofbilly_big_bud! has much to be proud ofbilly_big_bud! has much to be proud ofbilly_big_bud! has much to be proud ofbilly_big_bud! has much to be proud ofbilly_big_bud! has much to be proud ofbilly_big_bud! has much to be proud ofbilly_big_bud! has much to be proud ofbilly_big_bud! has much to be proud of
any keto dieters?

anyone else on or tried the keto diet? im trying my best but this shit is hard...

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-14-2019, 09:16 PM #2
Ace Rothstein

Ace Rothstein is just really niceAce Rothstein is just really niceAce Rothstein is just really niceAce Rothstein is just really niceAce Rothstein is just really niceAce Rothstein is just really niceAce Rothstein is just really niceAce Rothstein is just really niceAce Rothstein is just really niceAce Rothstein is just really niceAce Rothstein is just really nice
I am still trying to convince myself. My Son and Daughter in-law. each lost around 30 lbs and claim a new mental clarity. Both are very strict to the diet and have been at it for 4 months.
I have added MCT Oil to my diet. When I eat pasta or bread I look at it differently but still eat it. Have you seen the documentary "The Magic Pill"? Very interesting.
Cheers
Ace Rothstein is offline Quote

Old 03-14-2019, 09:28 PM #3
watts
ohms

watts has much to be proud ofwatts has much to be proud ofwatts has much to be proud ofwatts has much to be proud ofwatts has much to be proud ofwatts has much to be proud ofwatts has much to be proud ofwatts has much to be proud ofwatts has much to be proud ofwatts has much to be proud ofwatts has much to be proud of
From my understanding, the keto diet was developed for epileptic children to reduce seizures. Yes, you can lose weight on it for sure but it isn't recommended to do long-term. If you are going to do it though, do it right because it isn't good to throw your body in and out of ketosis. Your goal should be to have a healthy diet and lifestyle and not worry too much about 'losing pounds" all the time. In my opinion it is not good to be eating all that meat. The Mediterranean diet is healthier.
watts is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-14-2019, 10:36 PM #4
billy_big_bud!

billy_big_bud! has much to be proud ofbilly_big_bud! has much to be proud ofbilly_big_bud! has much to be proud ofbilly_big_bud! has much to be proud ofbilly_big_bud! has much to be proud ofbilly_big_bud! has much to be proud ofbilly_big_bud! has much to be proud ofbilly_big_bud! has much to be proud ofbilly_big_bud! has much to be proud ofbilly_big_bud! has much to be proud ofbilly_big_bud! has much to be proud of
its been tough but i have dropped 10 pounds in 2 months just by eliminating carbs and sugar from my diet. unfortunately it has reduced my eating options significantly. i eat pretty much just meat an a lot of vegetables. very boring and hard to commit to. my main reason is attempting to reduce inflammation and shed weight but so far the only benefit has been losing weight. i was also hoping for some of that mental clarity they speak of but i have yet to notice any of that. i agree that it should only be done for a certain period of time.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-14-2019, 11:18 PM #5
Ace Rothstein

Ace Rothstein is just really niceAce Rothstein is just really niceAce Rothstein is just really niceAce Rothstein is just really niceAce Rothstein is just really niceAce Rothstein is just really niceAce Rothstein is just really niceAce Rothstein is just really niceAce Rothstein is just really niceAce Rothstein is just really niceAce Rothstein is just really nice
Low carb as opposed to no carb seems healthier. However one could live without any processed food and do just fine. Reducing sugar, flour, rice, alcohol, that would help reduce inflammation as well.
Well done, losing 10 lbs is quite an achievement. It is said that overweight person losing 20% of their weight is point that the feelings of well being, energy, and mental clarity return.
I know that is true because I have lost that same 20% at least 10 times.
Ace Rothstein is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-15-2019, 11:32 PM #6
billy_big_bud!

luckily im not really overweight. i just want to reduce my over all body fat. im not fat to look at but i have a tiny bit of belly fat and on my slim build it just looks out of place so i am trying to eliminate that last little bit. i was already eating very little processed foods so that was easy. to be honest the hardest part is bread. i was never a big bread eater in the first place but to not be able to have a burger of a sandwich is just frustrating so i am planning on making some keto bread buns to reduce the frustration. overall i think it is a very valid approach to weight loss if you can handle the self discipline of eating from very few options.

Old 03-16-2019, 12:27 AM #7
Lester Beans
Frequent Flyer

Lester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivor
I just lost 17 lbs in a two months eating right and working out.
Lester Beans is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-16-2019, 05:24 AM #8
Green Squall

Green Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy_big_bud! View Post
its been tough but i have dropped 10 pounds in 2 months just by eliminating carbs and sugar from my diet. unfortunately it has reduced my eating options significantly. i eat pretty much just meat an a lot of vegetables. very boring and hard to commit to. my main reason is attempting to reduce inflammation and shed weight but so far the only benefit has been losing weight. i was also hoping for some of that mental clarity they speak of but i have yet to notice any of that. i agree that it should only be done for a certain period of time.
You should look into the SCD Diet (Specific Carbohydrate Diet).
Having inflammation issues myself, its really helped, although I fucking miss potatoes lol.
Have you tried fermenting vegetables?
It makes things a lot less boring and the probiotics are a plus, not to mention its easier to digest.
Green Squall is offline Quote

Old 03-16-2019, 05:43 AM #9
aridbud
automeister

aridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivor
Similar to SCD, my practitioner suggested AIP autoimmune protocol. The AIP diet is a version of the Paleo diet, designed to help treat automimmune diseases. Also known as the paleo autoimmune protocol, the AIP diet is a much stricter version of the Paleo diet (which is based on meat, fish, vegetables, nuts and seeds).

Seems to help....avoiding inflammatory foods (anything white, legumes night shades), it helps.
John Harrigan
Instant gratification takes too long.
Carrie Fisher - RIP.
afterthought autos
We are passionate breeders growing organically in the USA and offer 27 autoflowering strains, 9 photoperiods in our decades of breeding expertise. afterthought autos - we are unique quality cannabis autoflower breeders for medical conditions and recreational stimulus. Auto breeding 13 years, and running strong!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
aridbud is offline Quote

Old 03-16-2019, 03:09 PM #10
billy_big_bud!

thanks guys. i will look into both of those diets.