Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Concentrates > THC Acetate

Thread Title Search
THC Acetate Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-18-2013, 01:38 PM #81
Gray Wolf
A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.

Gray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxmasta Flex View Post
i dont see chloroform on lit..i just got some ace from someone who did it w pet ether..hes saying hes gonna do w chlor n acet next time...what do you think of this? any tips i can give him for next run? i already read on ur site not to do more than 20 gr at a clip..
hail gdub..
spreading the knowledge like it should be..
lol @ anyone saying the info shouldnt be released to a buncha stoners..
this is a moot point
some dumb ass stoner aint getting acetic or any chemicals to even start...
chances are someones even thinking about this theyre at least intell enuff to read and realize its a gnAR process...thats OBVIOUS..look at the ingredients...(not to mention disclaimers etc)
its the net, you can find whatever u want online..you saying people here shouldnt have access cuz they smoke weed? lol

yea
90% of the people on the planet are morons, but morons aint gonna be able to source this stuff...
notice it doesnt say you can make it in a bathtub anywhere..

gdub whats retail on acetate if u had to guess...based on what u know of the efficacy n strength...what would you pay for it as a patient..
Sorry, no clue! We can't sell any cannabis products in Oregon.

Believing is seeing and ignorance is bliss until it bites you in the ass!

Fervor is the weapon of the impotent. The harder the sell, the poorer the product.

Alas, my ignorance abounds; the more I've learned, the less I know that I know..........

Thou shalt seek and respect the opinions of operators, even unto the third helper, for theirs is a wisdom unknown to technicrats.

Wise men learn more from fools, than fools from wise men.

In my dotage I finally discovered that the secret to putting on pants both legs at a time is sitting down.
Gray Wolf is offline Quote

Old 02-18-2013, 07:06 PM #82
Waxmasta Flex

Waxmasta Flex will become famous soon enoughWaxmasta Flex will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Wolf View Post
Sorry, no clue! We can't sell any cannabis products in Oregon.
right, and your not a patient buying acetate either..i was merely asking hypothetically as a patient IF you were in say CA and and you knew what u knew, and you wanted to get some in CA, what would you feel is a fair donation for say a gram...(keeping in mind that pure og wax can sell for up to 90-100gr retail) or if u even wanted to just say "retail value" surely you can approximate that? I realize you DONT sell any mmj products tho..
thnx
Waxmasta Flex is offline Quote

0 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:15 PM #83
Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond repute
Actually, I'm not trying to be coy. I actually don't have a clue because not only have I never tried to sell any, I don't know of anyone who has.

Some of our patients have said that they've paid $40 a gram for oil, and it wipes out the better part of a day making acetate, so 20 grams divided by 8 hours equals .4 hours per gram. At $100/hr labor, labor would be about $40 a gram.

Production costs are minimal, so $80/85 gram would no doubt sell as fast as wax at that price, and of course will actually fetch what ever the market will bear, because it is good and a rarity at the moment.

Fervor is the weapon of the impotent. The harder the sell, the poorer the product.

Alas, my ignorance abounds; the more I've learned, the less I know that I know..........

Thou shalt seek and respect the opinions of operators, even unto the third helper, for theirs is a wisdom unknown to technicrats.

In my dotage I finally discovered that the secret to putting on pants both legs at a time is sitting down.

Old 02-21-2013, 03:39 AM #84
Olifant

Olifant has a spectacular aura aboutOlifant has a spectacular aura aboutOlifant has a spectacular aura about
Waxmasta, I don't disagree about the informational aspect, this has been a recipe marketed to stoners for 40 years. I do disagree about the intellectual bar required to obtain acetic anhydride. I know two online shopping cart stores that will sell it to anyone no questions asked and no business acct required (note to general public dont pm me for the sources), and theyre suppliers i've used before. I wouldnt have that aspect any other way, the few chemical suppliers who supply to hobby chemists and have resisted DEA harrassment are valuable and dying off and I'm very happy these guys remain. Also granted this is a simple esterification using techniques over a century old. However, what I don't like about this is that chemistry performed on impure plant products (no offense to your technique gray wold as it is certainly solid) becomes incredibly complex and I question the value of what exactly is being learned here without any sort of analytical testing, without knowing exactly what reaction products have been created. Perhaps someone will repeat the experiment with a charcoal filtered (to prevent degradation) and vacuum fractionated under inert atmosphere oil to rule out the production of some of the more active CBN analogs. This is I see as the next step in understanding what is happening without doing a full analytical workup. I only have the most basic NMR reading abilities so I wouldnt be of much use in analytical work.

With the market flood in Cali, I'm seeing only crumble waxes in the 85-88% purity and the distilled (and fully decarboxylated as a result meaning you arent paying for the 15% weight addition of the formic acid moiety in THCA) co2 extract pure gold brand oils selling for that. This year in cali it seems the market is less impressed with subjective effect and full glass consistency and just worried about the numbers. 75% totally solid Black glass is proving really hard to move surprisingly.
Olifant is offline Quote

Old 02-22-2013, 11:35 AM #85
teemu shalanie
WeeDGamE StannisBaratheoN

teemu shalanie is a name known to allteemu shalanie is a name known to allteemu shalanie is a name known to allteemu shalanie is a name known to allteemu shalanie is a name known to allteemu shalanie is a name known to allteemu shalanie is a name known to allteemu shalanie is a name known to allteemu shalanie is a name known to allteemu shalanie is a name known to allteemu shalanie is a name known to all
after being on this site , +and on skunk pharm , may I suggest that Grey Wolf write the 2013 cannabis alchemy revised addition, I know I would buy 1 , and alot of others would too , good thread GW

TS
teemu shalanie is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:53 PM #86
Gray Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemu shalanie View Post
after being on this site , +and on skunk pharm , may I suggest that Grey Wolf write the 2013 cannabis alchemy revised addition, I know I would buy 1 , and alot of others would too , good thread GW

TS
Thanks for the good thoughts bro!

Trying to provide the same information for free on our site but will some day do a book, unless I die first.

Old age isn't a pretty thang.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-23-2013, 04:11 AM #87
Waxmasta Flex

Waxmasta Flex will become famous soon enoughWaxmasta Flex will become famous soon enough
REALLY TRIP STUFF...SWIM ENDED UP DOIN 120/GR METHINX..ONE THING I REALLY LIKE IS ITS SOOOOOOOO SMOOTH..EASILY THE SMOOTHEST ON THROAT IVE EVER DABBED TIMES 10...IT DOESNT FEEL LIKE UR GETTING A HIT UNTIL U REACH MAX EXPANSION CAP...LOL..TASTE AT FIRST IS A LIL CHEM, BUT HEN SMOOTHS OUT TO A REALLY NICE CHOCO HASH FLAVE...ONLY HEAD EYE...PERIOD..BEHIND UR EYES..AFTER A FEW DABS @ CANNABIS CUP (FELT KINDA COOL TO HAVE SOMETHING DIFFERENT THAN THE MILLION PEOPLE SLINGING THEIR WAXES LOL, DOUBT ANYONE ELSE HAD THA ACE OF SPADES) I WAS LIKE GEEKED..REALLY INTROSPECTIVE HIGH..PATIENT STATED MIX A TAD W ANY DAB TO SET IT RIGHT OFF..SOUNDS COOL TO ME..THIS WAS MADE W 65% ISH OUTDOOR FLOWER WAX..NOT THE BEST..NEXT TIME IT WILL B DONE W REAL SHIT N BETTER CHEMS...

@ OLIPHANT
WHAT I MEANT MORE RE THE ISSUE OF STONERS ORDERING CHEMS U MENTIONED,(WHICH IS OBVIOUSLY ACCURATE AS SWIM WAS ABLE TO EASILY PROCURE NEEDED INGREDIENTS) I MEANT MORE LIKE..MOST PEOPLE WONT HAVE THE GUMPTION OR EVEN THE IDEA TO WANT TO DO SOMETHING LIKE THIS...AND IF THEYRE READING ABOUT IT, AND ARE INTERESTED AND THINK THEY CAN PULL IT OFF AFTER READING IT ALL, AND THEN THEY WANNA ORDER, MORE LIKELY THAN NOT, THEY ARE INTEL ENUFF TO REALIZE THE SCOPE OF WHAT THEYRE DOING... I MEAN IM PRETTY FUCKIN SMART, AND I KNOW UNEQUIVOCALLY I WOULDNT TRY N MAKE IT MYSELF..SO YEA, UR RIGHT ANY DIPSHIT CAN ORDER CHEMS, BUT YOU HAVE TO GET PRETTY INTO IT TO EVEN KNOW WHAT UR LOOKING FOR ETC, AND I JUST DONT THINK SOMEONE THATS A BIG ENUFF MORON TO HURT THEMSELVES TRYING, WOULD EVEN BE TRYING TO MAKE IT IN THE FIRST PLACE...THEYD PROB B CONTENT W THEUR SHITTY WEED AND VIDEO GAMES...IF THAT MAKES ANY SENSE???
Waxmasta Flex is offline Quote

Old 03-16-2019, 03:10 AM #88
troutman
Seed Whore

troutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivor
Gonna have to cook some up one day.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-16-2019, 12:44 PM #89
Gray Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
Gonna have to cook some up one day.

Try it, you'll like it........

Old 03-16-2019, 08:26 PM #90
Chunkypigs
Mutated member

Chunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivor
I'm surprised if acetate isn't being used to cut concentrates and jack up their performance.

Seems like it would be a way to make your vape pens stand out from the crowd by substituting some of the the with acetate....
Chunkypigs is offline Quote