What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mailing Bulk CBD Hemp Flowers

G

Anyone aware of the laws in the United States re. 2 private parties (a sender and a receiver) mailing hemp flowers, bulk, sealed in the original licensed producer's packaging with the original producer's documents declaring the contents, test results (showing the flowers/product to be less than the legal threshold for legal hemp/CBD flowers, etc.), via the US Postal Service?

High CBD flowers were required for making some medicine, and a friend sent a package inside a package, with the licensed producer's documents included.

So now my home is essentially clear of any items that I might have a difficult time explaining, but, despite the findings thus far on Google stating it's all good, I have an image in my mind's eye, where I bring home a perfectly legal package of CBD hemp, and Barney Fife and his other clones pull into the driveway in the classic entourage of the 6 to 7 MIB sedans.

Anyone?

mowood3479

Veteran
Depends on where ur at...
I’m sure there are some places where they’d book you and ask questions later.
I wouldn’t worry tho... as long as it’s packaged properly they prob won’t even notice.
Thousands of lbs Of herb getting Illicitly shipped from west coast to East via usps everyday..
The vast majority get delivered no problemo

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Anybody with organic good terpy high CBD "hemp" that wants to ship a pack, PM me. If this is legal to do, I want some to play with.

radioman

Moose Eater - You can buy Hemp Flower online & have it shipped directly to your house legally right from the Hemp Growers themselves. I'm not into Hemp Flower, Tincture, Gummies etc but I do use the CBD lotion on my achy bones & joints. I bought some directly from one of the producers here in Vermont. There are several of them selling their products around here & I know they offer them online...

G

Depends on where ur at...
I’m sure there are some places where they’d book you and ask questions later.
I wouldn’t worry tho... as long as it’s packaged properly they prob won’t even notice.
Thousands of lbs Of herb getting Illicitly shipped from west coast to East via usps everyday..
The vast majority get delivered no problemo

Yes, that's my concern, is that while it seems shipping CBD hemp flower is legal (not sure of any aggregate weight restrictions), there's always a possibility of getting a cop or postal employee who should've taken an extra night class or 3.

We/I over-thought the whole thing, and did the research in reverse order, ort I might've saved the extra shipping money, and had the package sent directly form the CBD hemp collective, or what ever the company's status is.

I know my post master is aware of the laws permitting CBD to be shipped via USPS, but whether they are aware of the permission for raw hemp to be shipped as well, I can't say.

Assuming my friend placed the documents form the original source in the package, it ought to be good to go. I just usually try to avoid unnecessary speed-bumps.. Though this time around I seem to have failed at that part.

G

Moose Eater - You can buy Hemp Flower online & have it shipped directly to your house legally right from the Hemp Growers themselves. I'm not into Hemp Flower, Tincture, Gummies etc but I do use the CBD lotion on my achy bones & joints. I bought some directly from one of the producers here in Vermont. There are several of them selling their products around here & I know they offer them online...

Thanks.

Yes, the hemp flower in reference originated at a company that sells legal, licensed hemp and CBD [products on-line.

That was the easy part.

As I stated in my reply to mowood, I think I/we spent too much time over-thinking this in the beginning, and should have simply had the producer/collective send the package directly to my mailing address, and skipped the additional shipping and 'what if's'.

Next time?? :good:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Thanks, looks just like I was looking for, for starters. I got some trim and flower, which will vape nicely and add CBD to the ABV, I hope. We'll see.

What are you going to do with it when it arrives, besides jar and store? If you do etoh washes, rinse the inside of the pack, cause those destroy trics, and you can add the residue to your oil.

Edit: Pretty good, the next afternoon it had shipped with tracking info. This being legit maybe it is OK to track it. I never do otherwise.

Last edited:
G

What are you going to do with it when it arrives, besides jar and store?

Tea, CBD extract to be matched somewhat with high THC extract, for a more balanced blend of THC/CBD for cancer, maybe some smoke with some high THC product as well.

I already have a bit of high THC butter, so maybe some CBD butter to go with it?

Lots of possibilities, though the CBD extract to match other high-THC extract was the initial thought.

G

Well, the Eagle, her chicks, the moon rover, and maybe a Russian space capsule have landed; no hits, no runs, and no errors...

Documents all intact, no disturbance of the tape, etc., and the absurdity of now still fearing being tagged for a LEGAL package, for the potential ripple effect re. other projects.

The Cosmic joke, and how to outlive our hyper-vigilance, after it's been so heavily engrained.

I'm hungry now...