What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Diary Lets grow some weed

Urban_Legends

Seedbay Vendor
ICMag Donor
Ok, plants under leds need more cal/mag but keep in minds that autoflowers need more hours of light also . So this F1 appears to be cal/mag glutton .
You can surely think less cal/mg with photoperiodic plants with classic light cycles .

Great show and techniques, nice amount of weed and great smoking reports .
100% real grower who adapted to this plant difficulties .

Led light performs well also, even if I'm not surprised anymore by samsung leds quality and performance .

Congrats
:thank you:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Thank you for coming to check my thread and for the good quality seeds and genetics!
Can't wait to test urban legends autoflower seeds outdoors!

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Now.. I am smoke testing plant number 3. I am too high to post the pic now but I will try to do it later.
I smoked half a joint (about 0.5 gr total) and already flying. This is the most classic kush smoke. Curing just started and already very smooth and expansive smoke. Great experience!

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Here is the picture, and trust me it doesn't look close to as good it looked in real life:
picture.php

Still having a good buzz in my head from that joint. I am pretty chill!

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Here is the picture, and trust me it doesn't look close to as good it looked in real life:
View Image

Still having a good buzz in my head from that joint. I am pretty chill!

Taking a proper photo of a nug is difficult without good lighting lens and stable hand. I feel your pain often times I grab a nug think it looks great let me get a pic, go to upload and think man that doesn't look nothing like it did in person. :tiphat:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Since yesterday I had some things to do and stopped smoking, I started today with the test for plant 3, which wasn't finished.
As I said classic kush smoke, deep, full of subtle undertones. Very balanced taste. Also high is pretty good, 60-70% indica I would say.
One of the secondary smells I can diferentiate is something similar to hash smell, a bit near the diesel spectrum but not quite. Quite interesting aftertaste, also. Reminds me of the aftertaste the first puff from a nice cigar puff leaves. Velvety and smooth, woody.
Smoked a joint right now and I feel pretty good, relaxed, I can focus on things but I wouldd rather not move too much. But I am working on a greenhouse controller for a friend, and I can do the first schetches and parts list with ease. It's probably a great weed for a relaxing afternoon.
You can smoke a lot wothout it being unpleasant, but when tired if you pass a certain point (like 2 joints in 2-3 hour), you will go to sleep. FAST. This worked with all the plants till now, it's like a shortcircuit that happens when you are tired and way too high. You just go to sleep right there on the spot when you hit that magic level.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Ok. So a joint of this and you can be sure you will hold tight to the couch, but, you will also be the most fucking happy you'd been in a while. And nothing matters! :muahaha:
Smell is peppery kushy. Smoke is deep, expansive, earthy, kushy, almost like fine tabacco cigar, earthy sour, with woody undertones. Kinda like I imagine damp cedar wood would smell. Hard to describe.

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sounds like the perfect smoke for the lockdown madness we're in atm hehehe.

Quick questions about Ca+Mg:
How are you finding the need for these two elements under the new, dimmable Ts1000s?
I have used the older, non-dimmable version for along time and was shocked to see a full blown Ca (and Mg?) deficiency in my new, tiny plants. I'm not talking about a couple rusty spots on the leaves but full tissue necrosis over whole fingers and leaves. I'm using two new TS1000s next to each other and was thinking maybe it's the slightly changed spectrum? They're ok now after a heavy correction and addition of Ca+Mg to nutes.
My plants were in allmix, getting the regular feed regimen from biobizz.
Never seen anything like it under the old TS1000.

Do you have any comparisons of the new light to others?

Cheers and enjoy your well deserved harvest!

CC

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Thank you mate!
The need for Ca and Mg was way more than i anticipated under this light. I have used burple, ww, cw leds before and they needed a bit more of them, but not like under the ts1000.
This is the reason I will be better prepared next time. Or at least, try to be.

For those of you that maybe missed the link to my new grow thread, here it is:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=9109328#post9109328

bibi40

Hey Explo !

seems we get same conclusion about taste and effect , so far ...

i just get 1 pheno ( #3 ) which was much ( too much for me :laughing: ) psychedelic but always with this stoney background ...

we can conclude about a " stable " strain from this .

enjoy mate :artist:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
As the buds I grown in this thread start to have a bit of curing, they smoke better and better. I would say this autoflower did way more than I expected of it, also the amount of bud I got in under 3 months in such a small space is collosal.
And I used just 138W at the outlet for the light, this grow probably averaged 100W on all the time if we factor in light schedule, intensity, other electrical appliances (humidifier, fans, controller..) or just over 10 euros a month in electricity.
Also, 2 of this could be placed one on top of the other and so 500 gr/sq meter is doable in 90 days. I feel there aren't many grows or genetics that will do that with so little wattage and heat.
I will also say that the grow ended better than I expected, even if I had some little problems with fungus gnats and cal mg deficiencies.
I learned a lot during this grow, and had fun while doing it. I hope you guys and gals enjoyed this voyage as well, and that I will see you all in my new thread.
Thank you for following this grow!

fckn elv1s

I'm new to growing and I see you started in big pots. It's okay to start your seedlings in the final pot instead of something tiny and then transplanting once they get bigger? What are the pros and cons of starting in small cups/containers and transplanting VS starting in large final pot?

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Autos don't take transplants well, and they grow roots early, before flower. So keeping them in a small pot at first might harm yeld or flowering time. For regular seeds I would still recommend transplanting. Because its easier to keea a seedling happy and NOT overwater in a smaller pot.