What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

post your best yield in a 4x4 area?

little-soldier

Hello ICMAGERs,

I constantly see people posting grams per watt but most people do 5'x5' for a 1000w so of course If I was to do 5x5 or even 6x6 I could get my gpw. Im interested to see if anyone hits more than 2lbs per 4x4 preferably in coco with no co2. I personally never hit any hier than 1.75 lbs in a 4x4 and that was with a critical mass strain.

little-soldier

Thats pretty good Dank.Frank. Theoreticaly you could have gotten 1.479 gpw in a 4x4 area which is probably the highest gpw I have heard of. Did you use Co2 and a high yielding strain for this?

Cmoon

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Did you use Co2[/FONT]
Danks on enough gear m8 ...pmsl (joke)

yep good numbers frank, being I rate the 315 at a 500hps production (my findings over 4 years)...youre right on the money, organics not my game and hats off to the growers who make it work well:tiphat:
bests cm

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No Co2. HEPA filtered passive intakes and a 6" Vortex. Not a particular strain. I'm fairly certain I can hit 2# with a mono-crop of a plant from this last seed round. It's not a fancy setup. More or less a closet grow. Link is in my signature with all the details from the start of the build.

dank.Frank

Storm Shadow

Veteran
fresh bulbs and the right GENETICS will get it done... strains that that dont larf and let you defoliate them .. with proper training in veg and flower

With my mono cropped Sage n Sour pheno I consistently hit 1 kg per 5x5 tent with a HLG550, 9x 3 gallon Smart Pots with coco and Jacks via Blumats. Storm Shadow summed it up precisely:the right strain grown properly with the correct conditions with media you can push, coco, rockwool, growstones, hydro, etc..

Last edited:
I was able to produce 10 oz on a single Bruce Banger ( Seedsman) using a single 185 watt SolSheetX( Photon Solutions) under a area of 30x28....there were 8 oz of big fat primo nuggets and 2 oz of small fully developed popcorn bud .. I do use C02

Cmoon

I was able to produce 10 oz on a single Bruce Banger ( Seedsman) using a single 185 watt SolSheetX( Photon Solutions) under a area of 30x28....there were 8 oz of big fat primo nuggets and 2 oz of small fully developed popcorn bud .. I do use C02

Tbh bro I wish id got another 20 years to get into that lighting tec youve just posted:tiphat: grew with tubes mid 90s...shite results but trippy :woohoo:

I think cmh and 400v will be my finally:laughing:
still be interested to see pictures, kit and grow styles still intrigue me

bests cm

OldCoolSativa

I pheno hunt and never monocrop. That said, my personal best is 27 oz of punto rojo x mangobiche under 600 W of COBs in a 4x4 tent in coco hempy buckets. Took 20 weeks though, and a good bit of the weight was seed. :D

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I just pulled this out of my 4x4. I have not weighed it yet 'cause it's still drying but I have been growing in a 4x4 space non-stop since 1985 and I usually get a pound or pound and a half.

1000w MH and HPS. Dirt. between 9 and 16 #3 nursery pots.

The nice colas on the left are Barney's Farm LSD. On the right, in the back where you can't see too well is some White Label Special Skunk. The rest is assorted Lemon OG, Black Cherry Soda, Bruce Banner and Glue Gelato.

Pics aren't too great but it sure smells good in that tent. LOL

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 76
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 78
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 71
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 65
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 66
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 71
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 79
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 74
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 77

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
With my mono cropped Sage n Sour pheno I consistently hit 1 kg per 5x5 tent with a HLG550, 9x 3 gallon Smart Pots with coco and Jacks via Blumats. Storm Shadow summed it up precisely:the right strain grown properly with the correct conditions with media you can push, coco, rockwool, growstones, hydro, etc..

1000g from 480w. That's pretty out there.

Lots of 8 week plants will do over 18 per meter, giving 27+ in a 1.2 tent. The gpw figure won't be much over 1 though, because a lot of light is needed if your aiming high. In today's seed market, it's the Kush or Critical crosses making the big numbers. With Skunk#1 crosses very close. They are the 3 building blocks that others are crossed with to gain weight. The Kush and Skunk are good on their own, but I find Critical crosses usually as interesting as Big-Bud. Unless it's the uninteresting nature of Critical that your choosing, in a cross where you really want the outcome to be more like the other parent, with very little of the critical coming through. A difficult task if you want to retain it's weight.

I would like to do an Afgan again. That's a weighty component and I like the simplicity of it. Hash Plant might be close enough. Sensi have the Black Domina, but it's moving towards primo buds, away from weight. If it won't do 18 per meter, it's not a long term keeper. I smoke neat, so even the Big-Bud is strong enough for me. I'm looking for taste and effect. A nice pallet. Nothing so resinous I choke. Or so low yielding I run out :)

little-soldier

Nice buds Ringodoggie. Got any pictures right before the chop? I luv seeing plants in their last 2 weeks of budding. Thats when I usually set up camp :p

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I don't usually take pics but I have a vid that I did because I got a new GoCam and I was testing it out. Not sure exactly when this was taken. Looks like a couple weeks before harvest since the main leaves are starting to fade.

I have a couple still pics and a couple of some details but not much. This GoCam completely compensated for the HPS lighting. I always get YELLOW pics with any other camera I use.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XH_V4VmvHI&feature=youtu.be

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 62
  • PTDC0008.jpg
    PTDC0008.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 60
  • PTDC0001.jpg
    PTDC0001.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 54
  • PTDC0002.jpg
    PTDC0002.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 56

Cmoon

I just pulled this out of my 4x4. I have not weighed it yet 'cause it's still drying but I have been growing in a 4x4 space non-stop since 1985 and I usually get a pound or pound and a half.

1000w MH and HPS. Dirt. between 9 and 16 #3 nursery pots.

The nice colas on the left are Barney's Farm LSD. On the right, in the back where you can't see too well is some White Label Special Skunk. The rest is assorted Lemon OG, Black Cherry Soda, Bruce Banner and Glue Gelato.

Pics aren't too great but it sure smells good in that tent. LOL

Good, good numbers buddy and much respect for the quality and honest post:tiphat:

Lad who gos same growshop as me just did a kilo of kush with a 250 enviro....sick as Iam im going to persevere:biggrin:

good thread growers Cm

hyposomniac

I don't usually take pics but I have a vid that I did because I got a new GoCam and I was testing it out. Not sure exactly when this was taken. Looks like a couple weeks before harvest since the main leaves are starting to fade.

I have a couple still pics and a couple of some details but not much. This GoCam completely compensated for the HPS lighting. I always get YELLOW pics with any other camera I use.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XH_V4VmvHI&feature=youtu.be

What did you do do for plant training besides the trellis? Single cola plants? topped 1x ,2x?