What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Grinders

mexweed

Veteran
probably microplastics getting picked up with coffee grinders when edges of bud/leaf/stem contact the lid at high velocity

also pay attention to what kind of plastic/materials are in the device no matter what type of grinder you choose, as to compatibility with isopropyl, some of the metal twist grinders for example will have a dry sift screen section and sometimes that screen will be attached with some sort of glue, whereas some seem to be just pressed into that section of the grinder, being able to iso out that screen is crucial

Samuel Caldwell

420giveaway
Looks very similar to the newer model Androcks. Do you have any shots of the blades? Thanks for sharing.

Sorry, no pictures. The blades in mine are similar to the one you posted but mine have a slight twist to them. I recently replaced it with this one. My grinder was very old and one of the stationary blades had broken out a while back. The new one works fine, too.

We like to keep 3-4 strains ground and ready for use so I grind full mason jars at a time. The really sticky buds will get stuck around the blades so I use a metal poker to clear it out when I'm done.

Those old Androcks grinders are really cool. I've been looking at yard sales and second hand stores for awhile. Sooner or later I'll find one.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Ok, so I gave my new Androck a spin (It was made in the 60's, unused, and still had the label inside) and man this thing is the bees knees! Seriously will most likely never buy another grinder again. I love the little lid that keeps the bud from flying out while I grind. So much easier to use than my disc-style grinder that always jams up. Would totally recommend. :good:

Attachments

• 20200414_180638.jpg
    20200414_180638.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 35
  • 20200414_180736.jpg
    20200414_180736.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 33

Medfinder

Chemon 91
Nothing like broken plastic grinder shards in your stash from rock hard crusty hard packed sling shot ammo buds.

:noway:

antheis

Veteran
sometimes i miss one or three.
i call them grinder beans and say they have survived their first selection.
but seriously, i don't like smoking ground up shell and embryo grindings mixed in with flower and all. i do it but i don't like it. i thought maybe these nut grinders would be more likely to be gentle to viable seeds.

Samuel Caldwell

420giveaway
With mine, some seeds get through and some get scuffed. It depends on size of the seed and luck of the grind. I wouldn't use it for primary seed collection but most random seeds seem to make it through fine.

MindEater

Ok, so I gave my new Androck a spin (It was made in the 60's, unused, and still had the label inside) and man this thing is the bees knees! Seriously will most likely never buy another grinder again. I love the little lid that keeps the bud from flying out while I grind. So much easier to use than my disc-style grinder that always jams up. Would totally recommend. :good:

Looks like a combine harvester. Anyone trying a meat grinder? Now thats an idea, smokable weed sausage links.

kalopatchkid

Veteran
I was in the market for a new grinder last year and wasted my money on a 2 piece metal santa cruz shredder. What a piece of garbage. Supposed to be anodized medical grade but after just a couple uses the color started wearing away where the two pieces meet and no doubt ends up in your ground up herb. I pointed this out to the company and of course they dont give a shit.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
I'm curious if you want to save your seeds if there is a preferred grinder.

F

Fermented

To help prevent your (wood or aluminum two or more piece) grinder from getting quickly gummed up do following two things -
1) make sure to place the bud in the small circle (the male part) not the grinder part with the large circle (the female part)
2) hold the grinder with male part facing upwards and the female section facing downwards with the two parts in a horizontal place

Do those two things so plant material and resin won't get stuck as easily in between the two grinding sections quickly causing a gummed up, stiff, tight action.

Never use plastic for grinding bud, resin readily sticks to plastic...and also, you don't want any worn down bits of plastic in your smoke, give plastic grinders a miss.

For cleaning wood grinders, use a square inch of sandpaper on the circular walls of the grinder which have resin adhered to it...a quick rub will quickly get your wood grinder back to new and spinning freely. I've used the same wood grinder for 10 or more years (a square shaped rosewood grinder with magnets). It takes about twenty seconds every two weeks or so o keep it grinding like new.

Last edited:

vanilla dutch

i bought the icmag 420 teardrop grinder from seedbay. will post photos once i recieve. should be cool. should be here any day now.

Latest posts

Latest posts