What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFL 2019-2020

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I think the cowboys wanted to sign amari and dak to extensions also before week 1, but they still haven’t come to terms. Amari is being paid 14M this year and is probably waiting to see what julio jones signs for. Dak probably wants to get overpaid to make up for being underpaid his first 3 yrs (less than 1M/yr).
I guess Miami took a good long look at josh rosen during training camp and decided that he’s not going to be a franchise QB, so trading away their good players for picks is the Browns plan: tank for a season or two, accumulate picks and rebuild through the draft. Some good QBs coming up the next 2 drafts, so maybe Miami will find their next Dan Marino soon.
The Texans coach came from the patriots (with a stop at penn state in between) but his all-in moves this year is very unpatriots-like. Belichick usually trades players before their salary demands get too expensive (Jamie Collins, chandler jones, jimmy g, even Richard Seymour). The Texans tried to do that with clowney but only got a 3rd rounder, and gave up a bunch of picks for tunsil, whom they’ll have to pay big money to keep. Stills provides a decent deep threat if/when will fuller gets hurt again, but the ‘experts’ think they gave up too much. But I guess bill Obrien wants to take advantage now of watson’s cheap rookie salary and luck’s retirement.

PaullyHighBred

O'brien has screwed up the Texans 2 drafts, but what does he care - they don't have a G.M. so he can do pretty much what he wants... But then again, he has to know he either wins now or he's getting shitcanned at the end of the year (or sooner)... A new GM is gonna want to hire his own coach anyway

I dunno about Rosen? I'd like to think miami is maybe gonna let him ride the bench for part of the season and give him a chance to develop (fitzmagic aint the answer and next yrs qb class is pretty meh) but then again they just got rid of the guy who'd be protecting the kids blindside...

Meanwhile, Gruden's gotta be questioning the wisdom of letting Amari go and trading for a malcontent wr with the brain the size of walnut (or maybe its just its just early onset CTE?) The season hasn't even started and that shit already seems to be blowing up in his face...

Is it possible the stillers really got better by letting go of their two best players??? It's kinda looking that way :dunno:

And then there's the Pats :D Anyone really wanna bet TB and BB wont be heading to their 9th straight AFC championship game and punching their ticket to yet another Supe?

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
whos ready for some football?!?

i think houston adding tunsil was a good move even f they overpaid
/i thkn watson was pressured/ sack more than any other qb in the league
they invested heavy on the o'line and i think thats going to pa off this season and signing tunsil gives them some time to develop their young tallent
/glad to see you around pauly'hb stick around and join in on the fun

its going to be a great game tonight and i think btoht he bears and pack bth have their eyes set on the playoffs this season
rogers had an off year last season but im expecting him to bounce back this year
the bears defense is where its at we will see how trubs looks with another year under his belt
im not ready to throw in the towel on rosen but it looks like fitzmagic will be their starter
i think this years qb draft class could have some potential but the fins' ned more than just a gunslinger to move up to the next level

its a new season and the sky is the limit

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Well, that game sucked.
I knew that trubs wasnt going to be as good as watson or mahomes but damn if he looked worse than bortles out there last night.
In his defense though nagy got too cute with his playcalling (45 passes vs 12 runs in a one score game?), they should have played david montgomery more (mike davis is serviceable but has no wiggle and isn’t a good receiver), and the packers D might just be pretty darn good, at least before they suffer their inevitable injuries.
Also, trubs hardly had any preseason reps (one drive in the 1st preseason game) and outside of 2 drives, even goat rodgers looked pretty bad. So maybe both QBs just needed to shake off a lot of rust.
But we saw Trubs bad habits in full last night: inaccurate passes, staring down his intended receiver, not scanning the field for open guys. After this season he’s up for a contract extension. Mahomes might get 40M/yr with another big year, Watson will cash in too. Trubisky? Do the bears really want to pay him 30M/yr for the next 4 yrs when he plays like crap against good teams?

Herbert from Oregon and Alabama’s Tua are two QBs projected to be franchise guys in next years draft, so that’s something Miami and Cincinnati can look forward to. Im sure we’ll see rosen play some this year once fitztragic rears its ugly head, but playing on the worst team in the league again isn’t really conducive to his growth. Maybe Rosen will be like a rich gannon, a QB who bounces around the league until he finds a good situation and starts winning. Kurt warner and carson palmer, in their latter years, also would be a good comparison.

With Antonio Brown threatening his GM and facing a suspension, I think PHB makes a good point, CTE might be having a role in his craziness. Ever since he got concussed by vontaze Burfict (who’s his teammate now btw) a few years ago things have been getting stranger and stranger with him. There’s a possibility the raiders can cut him and waive all the guaranteed money (30M) left on his deal.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
it was an ok game, but left a lot of room for improvment
i think the bears defense played a solid game, anytime you can hold a top qb to one td you are doing preetty well
like you said maybe trubs just needed to shake off the dust but he needs to show a lot more poise in tough situations
h had a couple decent plays mixed in with a whole lot of wtf
/if he dosent set it up i dont think the bears are going to be extending his contract
//picture of money bags flying away
is goignto be a fun weekend of games with the rams v carolina and the bolts meeting up with a new look indy team
i might be able to ctch some of the 9rs game too so i will be flipping between late games and i cant wait for the sunday night match up featuring pitt v the patriots
i think ab might have seen the light (picture of money bags flying away)and was at a team meeting today with hat in hand
/ we will see how he acts when he feel like hes getting enough touches or the team starts to fail how he acts
this is it guys!
its game on!

what games are you planning on watching this weeeknd?

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I think ill be interested in watching most every game, actually. Rams v panthers, see how gurley and cam look after their injuries.

Titans v browns, see how good the browns are. KC v Jax, see if KC's D and Jax's O are up to snuff. Even Balt v Miami, because i have lamar jackson and if he cant put up pts against a bad team ill be worried.

I'll probably find an online stream of red zone and watch that on sunday.

So now the raiders fined AB another 200k and on top of that voided all his guaranteed $, so he's week to week on his paychecks, and AB is refusing to play.

Geez, what does ur raiders fan buddy think of all this? First he's going to play, then he's not going to play, frostbitten feet, helmet, fines, fighting his GM, now losing his guaranteed money. It's been constant and unrelenting, the drama with this guy.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
happening baba'!
hope your weeknd i off to a great start
im heading out to the mountains here to do some camping but im going to leave early tomorrow morning so i can be back home to catch the games
a lot of good teams this year and its going to be a fun weekend
kc v jax is a good match up; even if the jags lose im interested in seeing how their offense plays
plus they have a potentially monster defense so it will be a good test on both sides of the ball
/we will see how j.ramsey puts the chiefs receivers on lock down
word out of camp is that gurley is looking good and they arent going to hold him to a snap count this week, but its not about how he looks week-1
the rams could play up to 20 games this season so im more interested in how he plays week 8 or week 10
we will see how cam plays but hes going up against a tough D
i think l.jackson is going to have a pretty good year with both his arm and legs
do they score qb rushing tds differently or do they all just count as tds?
/how about rushing yrds by the qb?

have a great weekend brother
hopefully we will start hearing from some of the toher guys too as the ball gets moving!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Hope your camping trip went well. Did you pack some food for the trip, cook some hot dogs over the fire?

Most leagues count passing tds as 4pts and receiving/rushing tds as 6pts, but both my leagues count passing tds 6pts so qb's are a little more weighted, and rushing td's by a qb dont give them any extra advantage, but rush yards are more valuable than passing yds (10yds per pt, whereas passing yds are like 20yds per pt). So Lamar will get a boost from his rush yds, and his rush tds will be nice but wont give any more of a boost over regular passing tds.

Hey New England, we made an updated NFL thread here.

Antonio Brown threw his umpteenth fit, finally got booted by the raiders, and then a few hours later signed with the patriots for 15M. Going into training camp people thought the pats receivers were the weak spot: 33yr old edelman, no gronk, some rookies and undrafted guys. Now they have josh gordon (reinstated), antonio brown and edelman. Gordon hasnt really looked dominant since that magic 2013 season, but AB is still easily a top 10 receiver, and edelman just won superbowl mvp. So a lot of people think it'll be a walk in the park for brady's 7th ring?

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
i had a great time camping baba'
its was so much fun being up in the mountains and we spent the night around the fire eating burgers, dogs and toasting marshmellows
i dident even think of hot his rushing yrds will add to his point totals overall
it looks like hes rushed for over 100yds once last season and came really close a couple more times (90+ yds/game)
he could turn out to be a real points machine for you this season
im shaking my head over this whole ab' thing
first he stirs up all kinds of drama during the preseason and then gets cut, only to land in new england
people thought gruden would be able to manage him but it turns out everyone was wrong about that;i guess we will see how he gets long under belichick
if he can get his act together and stop with all the crazy he is a great player
rams and cats all set for kickoff! its great to have football back

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Burgers and dogs, nice. I'm assuming you brought some sort of skillet or grill for the burgers? Your little smoky joe?

Lamar jackson had 5 tds passing but of course i sat him on my bench for jameis winston, who had 3 ints, 2 returned for tds. Still might win though so that's something.

After seeing a bunch of qb’s and their offenses fall flat on their face week 1 (Bucs, Steelers, Atlanta, Browns, Dolphins) I feel better about the bears and trubisky only scoring 3pts in their game. Even Goff underwhelmed; less than 200 yds and 1 td isn’t terrible but u expect more when you give a qb over 100M guaranteed. But y’know, week 1, not a lot of preseason action for these guys, new playbooks and personnel and all that, defenses tend to be ahead of offenses early in the year, so a lot of excuses for poor week 1 performances.

Browns were competitive against the titans until baker had 3 picks in the 4th, including one returned for a TD, so the final score was worse than it should have been. But baker was getting pressured a lot, and hurt his throwing wrist when he was sacked for a safety, so that might have contributed to his int’s later. Still, not a good look for the browns, but the titans are not a bad team, won 9 games last year despite not making the playoffs, they beat the patriots last yr too by 20+ pts. If baker’s wrist is alright they can turn it around definitely.

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hope your camping trip went well. Did you pack some food for the trip, cook some hot dogs over the fire?

Most leagues count passing tds as 4pts and receiving/rushing tds as 6pts, but both my leagues count passing tds 6pts so qb's are a little more weighted, and rushing td's by a qb dont give them any extra advantage, but rush yards are more valuable than passing yds (10yds per pt, whereas passing yds are like 20yds per pt). So Lamar will get a boost from his rush yds, and his rush tds will be nice but wont give any more of a boost over regular passing tds.

Hey New England, we made an updated NFL thread here.

Antonio Brown threw his umpteenth fit, finally got booted by the raiders, and then a few hours later signed with the patriots for 15M. Going into training camp people thought the pats receivers were the weak spot: 33yr old edelman, no gronk, some rookies and undrafted guys. Now they have josh gordon (reinstated), antonio brown and edelman. Gordon hasnt really looked dominant since that magic 2013 season, but AB is still easily a top 10 receiver, and edelman just won superbowl mvp. So a lot of people think it'll be a walk in the park for brady's 7th ring?

Found you guys lol
Thank the lord football is back!
Obviously if you're a Pat's fan you woke up feeling pretty good about what we saw last night.Gordon looked like he was engaged in the game which I hadn't seen last year.At his postgame presser he seemed relaxed,and comfortable in his own skin.So hats off to him for that,hope can keep his demons at bay.
As far as AB I'm not sure where he fits in this season,to stay he's going to have to get used to being the number 3 or number 4 in the pecking order.If he doesnt it ultimately wont make a difference from what was on display last night,not sure if he is humble enough to accept not being the #1 ,will be interesting to see.
Almost didnt notice Gronk wasn't there,so that says something about the team right there.
Gotta go to the tailor,and have some elastic waistbands sewn in again now that I found you chow hound's lol

Americangrower

Veteran
AB will be instant #1 rec not 3 or 4. They brought him in to try and make Tom happy in hopes of working on some kind of deal for at least next year. Today they reworked AB contract for 20 mil next year, to help relieve the cap hit.

AB didn't choose to go to Raiders, Pit traded him there. They turned down the Pats offer because they didn't want him in NE. AB saw how bad the Raiders are and wanted out, nothing new there. Take a look around the NFL its a diva player league now Zeke, M Gordon.. contracts mean shit nowadays.

watts

ohms
Veteran
Did you know?
For most of the year, Brady is a vegan. In the cold winter months, he adds some lean meat to his diet.

Americangrower

Veteran
The question is who do they let go?
Jakobi Meyers, Gunner Olszewski, Demaryius Thomas?

My vote would be Db Nate Ebner

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
[snipped some good stuff]
AB didn't choose to go to Raiders, Pit traded him there. They turned down the Pats offer because they didn't want him in NE. AB saw how bad the Raiders are and wanted out, nothing new there...

this all teh way, ab dident want to play for the raiders
AB' got paid and the raiders got played!
/roll a fatty here boys, this i gonna get silly
a crazy idea was floating around the head shed today about how ab' could have planned this well in advance and was jsut acting crazy dickish to get cut by the raiders and ultimately go to a better team
was he even in camp for more that a week? he floated in on some hot air baloon for the hard knocks folks, then dosent show up for the rest of the rpeseason
first its the feet, then it his hat and he frosts the whole shit cake with threats to his coaches
/if you ever want to get fired threaten to kick your bosses ass
we all knew the steelers were never going to trade him to new england but lets say he had an idea he would be signed by the pats if he became available
/exhales huge cloud of crazy

the camping was great baba'
we got to cook our food over a real open fire!
i was splitting wood for a few minutes, you buy the cord but these are like 6-8" sections; but it was all worth it
there is also a hike to this popular waterfall area , the had the ropes out so you could get ot the top and there was water in the pool so it was refreshing once you got to the top
but the walk kicked my ass man
what can i say, i was up in the mountains and im a flatlander
but it ffelt great to be out in nature and we all had a great time
a lot of football action this weekend too!

MrBungle

I'm here to share my frustrations with you all!
I do agree with Baba... It's too early to say The Brown's are done, but if that wasn't a classic Brown's game... I don't know what is... A whole year of hype.. For 18 penalties and a pancaked Left Tackle kicking a defender OFF HIS BACK......I didn't see the play when it happened, but when I heard, I assumed he was standing over the defender when he kicked.. not off his back...... When I played football on the line, besides protecting the backs, my number 1 priority was to never get dirt on the BACK of my jersey... I lost a lot of respect for greg robinson... Especially after his press conference, where he tried to play it off like he didn't mean to do it... Don't get pancaked greg.

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
AB will be instant #1 rec not 3 or 4. They brought him in to try and make Tom happy in hopes of working on some kind of deal for at least next year. Today they reworked AB contract for 20 mil next year, to help relieve the cap hit.

AB didn't choose to go to Raiders, Pit traded him there. They turned down the Pats offer because they didn't want him in NE. AB saw how bad the Raiders are and wanted out, nothing new there. Take a look around the NFL its a diva player league now Zeke, M Gordon.. contracts mean shit nowadays.

Cant see AB getting more action than Edleman,but I could be wrong.At the end of the day they do what they have to for the win.Brady spreads it around,and takes what he's given.You have to figure AB will consistantly be double teamed,so who's going to be left in soft cover,pick your poison.Been a while since Tom had toys.

What a game last night in New Orleans,it was like Canelo vs Golovkin 3

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Browns started off with a TD drive but all the penalties later on (18 for 180yds) really killed their momentum, no matter how much talent you have it's hard to make up 1st and 15, 3rd and long etc.
The tackle did get pushed over by a safety during a scrum and sort of lashed out with his foot off his back, seemed more like a push off to keep him from falling on him but it was enough to get ejected. It was a disappointing day all around for them but we'll see how they respond.

Supposedly antonio brown was researching on social media how to get released from the raiders. The league said theyre not going to investigate the manner of his release and signing by the patriots. But if the patriots go 16-0 im sure many people will speculate on just how this all went down, call them cheaters or rule breakers, although if this was all AB's doing not sure how you can blame the team.

Josh gordon looked pretty impressive, he can stretch a field along with phillip dorsett. AB and edelman can work the short and medium routes. White, michel and burkhead can run and catch the ball. O-line looks solid and D is probably a top 5 unit. Old man brady's arm is still in good shape. As long as theyre winning i dont see AB putting up a stink even if his stats suffer. That's the one thing missing from his resume, is a ring (he's got the money and the accolades), and he has a chance to win 2 these next couple seasons.