What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Please PM me your personal experience with CHS Cannabis Hyperemesis Syndrome

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
bump
Ran through the treatment for H.pylori and my lingering digestive issues are gone. F'ing awesome! (all these years, all the doctors and I had to figure out to get tested for H.pylori. Wtf are they teaching these white coats??):)

Makes me wonder if the aza triggers an H.pylori bloom in the intestines. Would definitely be a reason why some folks get the muscle tension and not the lingering digestive disruption. :) Either way, it's awesome to not be sidetracked by it daily.

Gimpy

Glad to hear the digestive issues are better Douglas. I thought I'd ask a couple questions about Aza since another dilemma came up last night--possibly one of the worst.

I was smoking a bag for a bit that I assumed was clean with no ill effects. It smelled like regular bud at first, but later it kind of started to have that fish/oriental/peanut curry scent (which I noticed while it was in my old grinder). I just hoped the smell was from a different buy and hit some from a bong.

Because I've never grown before I don't know exactly what Azamax or any of the other products smell like, but does that sound accurate--fish, or like a Indian/Chinese curry? Anyway, I enjoyed a high for five minutes or so and then grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrmmmmm. I panicked and ran to the bathroom, and when I looked in the mirror my pupils were booming, as if I had just taken MDMA. I could feel a chest burn and my stomach filling up, which progressed much faster if I was laying down.

I'm thinking the strain contains more than just systemic Azadirachtin (if that's what it sounds like)--like extra was applied to the nugs during flower and wasn't flushed. I'm so tired of spending on sh** that just makes me sick, fat, and bloated for the next three days, and maybe longer. I may drive to a different state to pick some up because I can't grow in my home.

My chest is currently protruding right under my sternum, like inflammation. I can tell I feel "fattened and numb" in lower portions of my back again as well. Hopefully it doesn't last too long. Back to the charcoal and antihistamines! Have a good day, guys.

Testicles

Just got word from my old hook up. The grower was using neem right from the time my attacks started.

I have some average outdoor I'm smoking casually and as yet to have any problems. It has been around a month since i found this thread and I am completely sold this is the problem. I'll keep you all posted. But for now I'm doing grand.

I've even been drinking and had a little beef. Got so drunk one night I did get sick, but no attack. Just the 9 beers upset my stomach. I am so excited to maybe have this figured out.

Douglas.Curtis

Just got word from my old hook up. The grower was using neem right from the time my attacks started.

I have some average outdoor I'm smoking casually and as yet to have any problems. It has been around a month since i found this thread and I am completely sold this is the problem. I'll keep you all posted. But for now I'm doing grand.

I've even been drinking and had a little beef. Got so drunk one night I did get sick, but no attack. Just the 9 beers upset my stomach. I am so excited to maybe have this figured out.

So glad to hear. Man, sounds like you're much more sensitive than I. damn! If you're able, see about getting an H.pylori test at some point. I'm leaning heavily toward it being part of the digestive issue.

So glad you were able to have a real conversation with the grower. People in prohibition areas rarely have that option. Good on you, go be awesome! :)

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Testicles said:
I just want to figure this out, and most docs don't take this serious. Blaming the weed is good enough for them.

And here inlies the problem!

Hoping a friend I referred this thread to pops in.

What other products is Neem/Aza used on?
I've never heard of it being used on big ag crops.

Douglas.Curtis

And here inlies the problem!

Hoping a friend I referred this thread to pops in.

What other products is Neem/Aza used on?
I've never heard of it being used on big ag crops.
It's used on a lot of crops without issues. When exposed to air or open water, it breaks down quickly. Fruits and vegetables do not absorb the axadirachtin. Cannabis absorbs and holds onto it, without it breaking down.

Unrefined neem oil, neem seed meal and azadirachtin based pesticides are the sources.

Testicles

sorry to report, I've had another attack.

I know my bud is neem free. I've been feeling so good and optimistic I hit the gym. First time in my life.

Had a good workout but then had an attack last night. I wonder if the exercise was the same as a stress incident.

Think I'll stop smoking for a while. Haven't really had a break in 17 years.

Douglas.Curtis

Do you have lab tests/ tissue analysis to validate these claims? Would love to see them.
I don't need them, my personal testing was unerringly conclusive. I'd like to see them done for others though.

I tested it twice, as the only variable in my grow. Once with azamax, once with azatrol. Both times with multiple strains, both times with clean and treated clones of each strain. Even after 70 days, both sprayed and root drenched plants were heavily polluted with aza. Zero problems from untreated plants.

You wouldn't require tissue tests either. ;)

Gimpy

Bump this thread because I'm still getting sick!

Lately I've come to the conclusion that marijuana providers aren't going to stop using azadirachtin. I'm starting to think the chemical is extremely volatile, because whenever I enter my room (where I keep my bud), my stomach bloats slightly.

I've also found that it's mandatory to wash out any water pipes--which I actually avoid now entirely. In addition to this, I think I get more sick when I completely toast a bowl (like lighting an almost-cashed bowl).

I woke up this morning with pains in different areas of my back and stomach. Luckily the effects only seem to be acute; not accumulating, or at least I hope not. Anyway, keep it up with the research Douglas. I'm still watching this thread weekly.

Douglas.Curtis

I've had one report of continued issues, using Fox Farm soil. Wondering if they've been known to add neem seed meal? Have to track down who'd know and start calling.

@Gimpy, have you been tested for H.Pylori??

Gimpy

I've had one report of continued issues, using Fox Farm soil. Wondering if they've been known to add neem seed meal? Have to track down who'd know and start calling.

@Gimpy, have you been tested for H.Pylori??

I haven't been tested. How does it work? I found some helpful information from TOXNET if you want to check it out.

https://toxnet.nlm.nih.gov/cgi-bin/sis/search2/r?dbs+hsdb:@term+@rn+@rel+11141-17-6

One theory of mine is if you're sleeping in the same room as an open container or pipe containing azadirachtin, you could get volatile exposure while you're sleeping, and that's why the morning sickness hits you. I don't know--just an idea. I do know that if I leave my buds under lights for an amount of time I get less side effects.

Douglas.Curtis

Test takes about 15 minutes, any physician can order a test kit. Gets sent to a lab, takes a few days. Stupid simple process for something which has interrupted life for 10 years.

Gimpy

I'll try to get some results the next time I see my doctor. The symptoms of H. Pylori are very similar to what I experienced while smoking plus taking a medication called duloxetine (or Cymbalta). I didn't realize how messed up I was from azadirachtin until I stopped taking it, because it almost numbs your nerves completely, including your organs. However, and maybe TMI, but every morning I would get the most painful stools, which were black as tar. It was honestly so painful...

So here is a recap of my symptoms, without nerve medication:

-Bloating, even when merely handling aza bud.

-Very uncomfortable sensation behind eyes.

-When I'm exerted from work or am in the sun, my hands get very red and sometimes stiff, almost like Raynaud's Syndrome.

-One very droopy eye after smoking, and this is specifically with aza bud. Sometimes one eye appears darker than the other, but nevertheless, I look like the devil.

-Mental anguish, depression, and intrusive thoughts. Extreme difficulty thinking is common too.

-Brutal cluster headache that strikes my right temple at night.

-Stiff neck and back

-Ears ringing

-Duodenum, spleen, and gallbladder inflammation/pain

HqFarms

I only have one question for you all with symptoms. Have your symptoms worsened or became more apparent since reading this thread? The mind is something we barely understand and I personally think most, not all you, are experiencing the placebo affect.

Latest posts

Latest posts