What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vacuum purging BHO.

generalgrievous

collector of lightsabers.. and fine cannabis genet
ICMag Donor
I'm a fan of re-washing my bho in ethyl ..freezing than frozen filtering ..purge till decarb starts. Finish product is amorphous oil sweet tasty ..clean as clean. I have a stainless vacuum chamber ..wanna try stand alone vacuum purge...

..so why is wax whack ..? .please elaborate.

..is shatter now the industry standard ..? ..why ..?

Bigj15971597

I go to 140 it thins the oil. I also do multiple 5 hour purges. Sometimes 5 times depending on how much I put on the chamber. Good luck next time.

I'm a fan of re-washing my bho in ethyl ..freezing than frozen filtering ..purge till decarb starts. Finish product is amorphous oil sweet tasty ..clean as clean. I have a stainless vacuum chamber ..wanna try stand alone vacuum purge...

..so why is wax whack ..? .please elaborate.

..is shatter now the industry standard ..? ..why ..?

wax isnt whack...just more people riding the trend...first it was wax, now its shatter...the fact of the matter is i winterize then whip n bake mine into wax, so no sir, sorry....wrong..you can have fine wax..great wax actually...IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING.....sadly most dont...
so yea MOST wax is whack...but to say ALL is folly.

dabmaster

I've got a vacuum oven and I'm running a close loop system. We've been able to achieve shatter running vacuum 24 hours with heat at 114F. The batch was very stable too.

Still learning any information greatly appreciated, it's only my second week running extractions.

Attachments

• CameraZOOM-20131101173405733.jpg
    CameraZOOM-20131101173405733.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 12
A

AlterEgo860

do u think an induction cooker like the nuwave would work better with purging especially in a vacuum chamber? .. ive been getting a great ass product without a vac.. but wen I get one I will try lots of techniques.

A

AlterEgo860

and I thought the entire point of a vacuum chamber.. and pump was to be able to purge large amounts of bho. .in a half way decent amount of time.. 5 .. 5 hour purges? jesus Christ..

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
do u think an induction cooker like the nuwave would work better with purging especially in a vacuum chamber? .. ive been getting a great ass product without a vac.. but wen I get one I will try lots of techniques.

Induction cookers work best with magnetic ferrous alloy pots, and not so good with non magnetic austenetic stainless or aluminum.

jump /injack

Veteran
"Originally Posted by AlterEgo860

Induction cookers work best with magnetic ferrous alloy pots, and not so good with non magnetic austenetic stainless or aluminum." Gray Wolf

If you have access to a lathe, have a ferrous alloy end cap turned the same size that fit your spools that use stainless [a little thicker], if Glacier Tank would order some I'm sure there would be buyers because then you could use induction heating with the spools that you have; you already have the template of course.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A 400 Series stainless is corrosion proof enough for our use and is ferric based.

DKgoods

Hey Now GW,
THANkS SO MUCH for all the good information. What if i had a magnetic plate made that fits the nu-wave induction cook top that i can then put my vac-it pro on. seems like this should work, what do you think?

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Now GW,
THANkS SO MUCH for all the good information. What if i had a magnetic plate made that fits the nu-wave induction cook top that i can then put my vac-it pro on. seems like this should work, what do you think?

Should work. An induction heater heats by reversing the polarity of its electromagnetic field rapidly, so that it spins the atoms repeatedly trying to realign them selves with the new north and south poles, producing heat.

FromOblivion

induction works wonders...very easy and eliminates temperature variations would recommend using induction if you have a stainless steel chamber

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
induction works wonders...very easy and eliminates temperature variations would recommend using induction if you have a stainless steel chamber

Ours doesn't work that well with non magnetic 300 series stainless pot. Have you found a brand that does?

supersmoker93

If your making shatter you have to purge for 72 hours in a real vac oven. You have to flip it after 48 to get micro bubbles out. Snap and sap is a whole different story tho
And people say lower temps taste better but ever time I make sap and shatter out of the same mats the sap taste way better and smells amazing